• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Which companies are claiming poverty may I ask?

Mum says I can stay up a little longer thanks :p

The companies that makes 100s of millions and even billions in profit on a title but then say they need to up the price for the game to cover extra development costs. Like I've said previously.

The next time your mum is round at mine I'll be having a word with her about your bedtime! ;)

Associate
The companies that makes 100s of millions and even billions in profit on a title but then say they need to up the price for the game to cover extra development costs. Like I've said previously.

The next time your mum is round at mine I'll be having a word with her about your bedtime! ;)
I wouldnt say thats poverty.

Poverty. Meaning: the state of being extremely poor.

These companies have CEOs. These CEOs need higher and higher wages each year. So costs go up. Game price go up.

Associate
Obviously it was a slight exaggeration. You know I was talking about greedy companies. You're just clutching at straws now.
We live in a capitalist world mate. Its not new.

Is it just game companies you have an issue with making lots of money? Nike can make trainers for 42p but sell them for £120. Big bad company exploiting the world?

Soldato
We live in a capitalist world mate. Its not new.

Is it just game companies you have an issue with making lots of money? Nike can make trainers for 42p but sell them for £120. Big bad company exploiting the world?

No **** sherlock. Why do you keep saying stuff that we already know? Should I find it reasonable that some companies are making more than ever but then tell us they need to charge us more because of development costs, especially on games that have very little development put into them such as fifa and nba. You're missing my point completely 'big johnny'.

Associate
No **** sherlock. Why do you keep saying stuff that we already know? Should I find it reasonable that some companies are making more than ever but then tell us they need to charge us more because of development costs, especially on games that have very little development put into them such as fifa and nba. You're missing my point completely 'big johnny'.
That's not what my maw says ;)

Associate
You should find it reasonable that some companies are making more than ever but then tell us they need to charge us more because of development costs, especially on games that have very little development put into them such as fifa and nba.

In order for them to maintain the margins they want they will charge more monies for their product. And you'll still pay increased asking price because you really want to play their game.

Soldato
Microsoft are doing free upgrades for Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, and others. Meanwhile, Sony require anyone wanting an upgraded version of Spider Man to buy the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales? That's poor.

Not saying they should necessarily give it away. But it isn't a good look by comparison.

Oh, definitely not. This generation though Sony is trying to reap the benefits of having had a massively successful PS4 generation. They're trying to translate the good will & prestige they've developed into selling things at a premium and positioning themselves more as a premium console. It's very evident in everything, from the design of the console to all their marketing campaigns.

Associate
Totally missed the game prices being £70, big rip off if you ask me I think £50 is too much for a game. Top end £40 is what I'll pay.
I skipped the PS4 so will be using the ps+ collection on the ps5 for a while, was looking forward to demon's souls but can't do £70 no sir way too much.

Hopefully the ps+ collection is 60fps on ps5, would be terrible if games like bloodborne were still sub 30fps.

Soldato
Totally missed the game prices being £70, big rip off if you ask me I think £50 is too much for a game. Top end £40 is what I'll pay.
I skipped the PS4 so will be using the ps+ collection on the ps5 for a while, was looking forward to demon's souls but can't do £70 no sir way too much.
What Sony is doing with the Digital machine is a trap, simple as. It should be printed on the box and clearly revealed to customers what they're being tied down to. It's very easy to think people are idiots if they don't look these things up, but Sony weren't exactly loud in announcing this. I only found out because I have an active interest in gaming and read about it on these forums.

I mean how many struggling parents who're saving up to get their kids something nice for Christmas will choose the "cheaper" PS5 not knowing that they're forever tied to a system that will fleece them everytime their kid runs home from school and begs for the new latest game that all the other kids have. It's just not right and always hits the poorest hardest, especially in Covid economic times.

The only way I justify even paying close to £50 for a new game is the fact I can sell it afterwards and make 50-80% of my money back if I want to.

Soldato
Oh, definitely not. This generation though Sony is trying to reap the benefits of having had a massively successful PS4 generation. They're trying to translate the good will & prestige they've developed into selling things at a premium and positioning themselves more as a premium console. It's very evident in everything, from the design of the console to all their marketing campaigns.
It will be a shame if this results in a lot of mediocrity across the platform too. We've had some brilliant exclusives on the ps4 and overall, the UI and functionality of the system has been great (let's not get into a PSN vs XBOX live discussion though, we'd just muddy the waters :D). I just hope that the fanboy allegiance doesn't result in the downfall of this iteration of PlayStation just because Sony decides to rest on it's laurels. We should always hold the products we buy to account and if the system ends up being lack lustre, jump ship and make them pay. I'll have no qualms in selling the PS5 for the XBOX.

Associate
Hopefully the ps+ collection is 60fps on ps5, would be terrible if games like bloodborne were still sub 30fps.

I can't see the collection being anything other than the standard release. If a game ran at 30FPS on PS4 on I think it'll run 30FPS. It will probably just run smoother but ultimately will be the same "settings".

I won't be buying any PS5 games straight off the bat. The + collection will have a couple of months worth of games to play that I haven't yet tried.

Caporegime

Unless they have to lock the frame-rate to 30fps due to engine timing bugs then just going from AMD Jaguar to Ryzen CPU should be enough to more than double frame-rate. Assuming they aren't heavily GPU bottle-necked then I doubt developers will have to do much to double frame-rate on pretty much any PS4 port.

Back
Top Bottom