Use The Right Couriers To Ship Goods

Associate
Guys, just a tip. Whenever buying or selling your hardware, 'DO NOT' use 'ParcelForce'. Their insurance service relies on the recipient filling out a questionaire and if they're disgruntled and they don't fill it out you get 'zero'. ParcelForce abuse parcels in transit. My Samsung Odysee was crushed by a worker who literally used it as a step leaving a boot print on the box. Despite the evidence, because the disgruntled recipient didn't fill out their questionaire I'm £300 out of pocket!

Pay the extra and use couriers like DPD. They use secure cages and they handle your goods with care.

Soldato
Guys, just a tip. Whenever buying or selling your hardware, 'DO NOT' use 'ParcelForce'. Their insurance service relies on the recipient filling out a questionaire and if they're disgruntled and they don't fill it out you get 'zero'. ParcelForce abuse parcels in transit. My Samsung Odysee was crushed by a worker who literally used it as a step leaving a boot print on the box. Despite the evidence, because the disgruntled recipient didn't fill out their questionaire I'm £300 out of pocket!

Pay the extra and use couriers like DPD. They use secure cages and they handle your goods with care.

Pretty sure though most exclude monitors anyway from shipping from house address to house address. Why most people only sell via collection. Resellers like OCUK are a business and have different insurance attached to business delivery

Associate
OP
Pretty sure though most exclude monitors anyway from shipping from house address to house address. Why most people only sell via collection. Resellers like OCUK are a business and have different insurance attached to business delivery

I took the parcel to the Post Office and the person taking receipt of it asked what it was before taking over £15 of my money. I replied "a virtual reality headset". They took my money. Whilst in transit a Parcelforce worker used it as a step thus crushing the VR HMD and leaving me £300 out of pocket. However, if my parcel hadn't contained a VR HMD I'm sure the Parcelforce worker who stood on and crushed my parcel wouldn't have stood on my parcel knowing it didn't contain a VR HMD. If i'd packed say a RTX 3090 I'm sure it would have taken the weight of a man standing on it a lot better than my VR HMD.

Sorry, it's my bad for not labelling the item without the "DO NOT STEP" label on. :rolleyes:

Associate
Not that I would recommend it for high value items but I've gotten away with myHermes a couple of times before honestly, in one instance sending a bunch of used hardware (CPU/mobo) to a mate in hard times. Plenty of cushion in the packaging helps. If it's a cheap thing they seem fine.

Associate
You could try raising a complaint with them. My claim for broken speakers was shut down because I allegedly failed to provide information (I had). When I complained, they reopened it and paid out.

Have you spoken to the buyer? I refunded mine as soon as I assessed the damage, so there may have been a bit more good will on their part.

Soldato
If you failed to get compo due to the recipients failure to fill in a form id be claiming it back from them directly - via small claims if need be.

Did you pay for extra compensation up to the £300 value as standard cover is only £100. If not and you tried to claim £300 it would be rejected anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom