Spec Me Euro V8

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I was thinking of going down the route of a newer car, but after driving a few, they felt rather dull with no character... So the next thought was, what should the next car have? Easy answer, big V8 :D

My budget is £15k

At the moment RS4 B7 is high on the list, and it has the good ol' famous Quattro AWD system.

But, I'm always open for other suggestions, what else should I consider and look at?

Soldato
I was thinking of going down the route of a newer car, but after driving a few, they felt rather dull with no character... So the next thought was, what should the next car have? Easy answer, big V8 :D

My budget is £15k

At the moment RS4 B7 is high on the list, and it has the good ol' famous Quattro AWD system.

But, I'm always open for other suggestions, what else should I consider and look at?
Unless you're 12, or have a posture as inexplicably poor as the driver in this video, that exhaust will get tiring, very quickly

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
VXR8 just for the fun....
Nope, at the end of the day its still a Vauxhall...
Rover SD1, close thread, nexxxt.
lol, I never knew these had V8's.
Unless you're 12, or have a posture as inexplicably poor as the driver in this video, that exhaust will get tiring, very quickly
I had a 3.5inch straightpipe in my Chaser, I do agree the tunnel runs and cars moving out the way on the motorway was fun. But only for a day or two...

With the RS4, I would probably go with custom setup using either a vaccum/electric valve to adjust the noise level.

Surprised E92 M3 hasn't been mentioned yet?

Caporegime
If you get an RS4 make sure the timing chain guides have been done recently. They wear out on ALL of them due to poor design and its a £4K+ engine out job to do them.

If you get an E9X M3 make sure the rod bearings have been done. They also wear out on all of them and it can lead to catastrophic engine failure. Fortunately it can be done with the engine in situ and the sump removed so its not as expensive as it sounds. Usually £1500~

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
How is that cave dwelling?
There's very few cars from the 70-80's that I have interest in...
Alpina B10?
Oh damn, I completely forgot about the B10! I was looking at the M5's not too long ago, good shout. :D
If you get an RS4 make sure the timing chain guides have been done recently. They wear out on ALL of them due to poor design and its a £4K+ engine out job to do them.

If you get an E9X M3 make sure the rod bearings have been done. They also wear out on all of them and it can lead to catastrophic engine failure. Fortunately it can be done with the engine in situ and the sump removed so its not as expensive as it sounds. Usually £1500~
The Audi v8 is a disgraceful thing. Can't even get a chain right.
Well... I'll be honest, I haven't read much about the RS4 yet, but looking at buying guides and common issues...

E55 AMG for an oddball suggestion :p
Seen on in person and it did have a nice presence, the V8 sounded nice with the stock exhaust.

Why limit yourself to a Euro V8?
I want something that can still go around corners :p

Out of interest, writing this post, did you have any non-euro V8 in mind?

Last edited:
Associate
Lexus ISF for that sweet Lexus V8. Seem to hold value quite well.

Or C63 with one of the best modern V8's inside. Surprised that hasn't had a shout yet.

Back
Top Bottom