• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Having watched the Digital Foundry video comparing backwards compatible games on the X-Box Series X compared the older X-Box One X. Can we all agree that the upgrade models of the previous gen model were pretty pathetic? I don't think a single game they compared showed the X-Box One X ever hold onto 60fps solid.

One X has been great tbh. Can’t say I have been bothered by frame rates in games. I wish it was like the old days when you just got a game and played it. Personally I think Digital foundry is ruining gaming.......

Looking forward to series X next month.

Soldato
You can buy one year EA passes at Shopto for £16.85. That will equate to 4 months GPU.

3 years stacked should give you 1 year of GPU.

Will this work though? The way MS has worded it makes it sound like it's meant to be purchased through the MS Store, but would that include redeemed codes like these?

Associate
Soldato
Having watched the Digital Foundry video comparing backwards compatible games on the X-Box Series X compared the older X-Box One X. Can we all agree that the upgrade models of the previous gen model were pretty pathetic? I don't think a single game they compared showed the X-Box One X ever hold onto 60fps solid.

The One X could only go so far whilst keeping to the same architecture. IMO it's a much better 4K console than the PS4 Pro. The latter mostly checkerboards the resolution and kills framerates at the same time, makes a very good true 1080p console though.

Man of Honour

The terrible CPUs held the decent GPUs back, even when overclocked.

The focus was really on the resolution rather than frame rate, fortunately something that has changed with the XBox (but not the PS5) for the next generation.

Associate
If it's possible to stack three years of EA Play (I don't know if it is), this should covert to 12 months GPU. EA Play 12 months vouchers at £16.85 at Shopto. Total £50.55.

Ah right sorry, had a mental block there.

So we could do that now and it would just convert on 10th Nov? No need to wait until then?

Soldato
Ah right sorry, had a mental block there.

So we could do that now and it would just convert on 10th Nov? No need to wait until then?

AFAIK it's only for subs running before 10th November, who also have Game Pass Ultimate. EA Play will continue to exist as a standalone product on Xbox. This is just a gesture to compensate those who would otherwise have EA Play twice (once as a standalone, and once via Game Pass Ultimate).

Soldato
What's the score with external USB storage? I've read it needs to be USB 3.1 so I take it my existing USB3 drive won't work? Only going to use it to offload Xbox one games onto.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Ethernet cable routed and ready :)

Nothing else to prepare now.

Headphones check, HDMI cable routed check, Ethernet cable check.

X, controller stand and Valhalla the next things to arrive. It’s a slow wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
The escape key thing was a bit odd - hit too soon and would get white screen.

And when landing on the payment page, no amount of escape would work - had to uae escape to get to selection page, mak3 sure x was selected, disable scripting, continue to payment page - then finally through

Hope they allow them.

Back
Top Bottom