• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Just to let everyone know. I've received my card back. Connector and pins look much better. I've yet to test it but will let you know how it goes when I've had some time this evening.

Fantastic after sales service.

Thanks @GIGA-Man !!!

Associate
Hmmm so now we all know why there has been no sign of any Gigabyte cards for weeks, they are franticly fixing them all before they get sent out!

Associate
Hmmm so now we all know why there has been no sign of any Gigabyte cards for weeks, they are franticly fixing them all before they get sent out!

Better that then receive a faulty one I guess. Of course, that's if that's true in the first place since other places have been receiving and shipping Gigabyte cards.

Associate
OP
Just to let everyone know. I've received my card back. Connector and pins look much better. I've yet to test it but will let you know how it goes when I've had some time this evening.

Thanks @GIGA-Man !!!

That is great news Grimfusion quick turnaround too .keep us updated .enjoy the card

I've asked my HQ for more info and will share what I can.

thank you

Associate
Based on the current info I have, and this is limited to the reports I see here specifically. The connectors are not faulty, however some units after repeat use are developing a problem where the pins become lose and do not make proper connection with the pin outs form the PSU. I will make sure that anyone that has a card with the original connector fault, can report the problem to me directly or on here and I will make sure it gets fixed for you ASAP.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Based on the current info I have, and this is limited to the reports I see here specifically. The connectors are not faulty, however some units after repeat use are developing a problem where the pins become lose and do not make proper connection with the pin outs form the PSU. I will make sure that anyone that has a card with this original connector, can report the problem to me directly or on here and I will make sure it gets fixed for you ASAP.

thx shall Update #4 :)

Alright. I just contacted my retailer once again, and if i RMA it i'll be placed in the back of the queue behind new orders for the cards apparently, so this seems like a lose-lose situation to me. Either i RMA it, get my money back and won't see another card until 2021, or I can try to fix it myself. Will i break the warranty if I open the card and fasten the pins in my power connector? As I'm from Norway, shipping my card to the UK for a small fix seems a bit unnecessary. Not even sure you take in cards from other countries

edit:
@GIGA-Man
Could you clarify this for me, please?

Associate
OP
Alright. I just contacted my retailer once again, and if i RMA it i'll be placed in the back of the queue behind new orders for the cards apparently, so this seems like a lose-lose situation to me. Either i RMA it, get my money back and won't see another card until 2021, or I can try to fix it myself. Will i break the warranty if I open the card and fasten the pins in my power connector? As I'm from Norway, shipping my card to the UK for a small fix seems a bit unnecessary. Not even sure you take in cards from other countries

Maybe contact GIGA-Man not sure how you stand here with it not being a purchase for OCUK ..i would assume they want this resolved and would be the right thing to do i guess

the other problem is to get to the connector block the entire heatsink as to be removed hence why GIGA-man stated not to be done by end user

the other problem is to get to the connector block the entire heatsink as to be removed hence why GIGA-man stated not to be done by end user

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of... Hands down the worst retailer and customer experience I've had in my life so far :(
Obviously it's Gigabyte who's at fault here, but my retailer hasn't really been much of a help either. I've had it since 27th of September and I just want to plug it in, christ. Haha. Thanks for the reply

Ico

Ico

Associate

Thanks @GIGA-Man !!!
Great to hear that is fixed for you. How long it took to get it back please

Ico

Ico

Associate
Do you guys using RGB fusion 2.0 . For some reason its not working on my pc with 3080 gaming oc card.
The app menu is greyed out i cant do nothing with it. Dont know if its hardware related issue or software . I uploaded video for better understanding https://youtu.be/9txbKojB-1Y

Associate
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of... Hands down the worst retailer and customer experience I've had in my life so far :(
Obviously it's Gigabyte who's at fault here, but my retailer hasn't really been much of a help either. I've had it since 27th of September and I just want to plug it in, christ. Haha. Thanks for the reply

Mail me your contact details [email protected] I'll send them over to the people that look after Norway and see what they can do for you.

Associate
OP
Do you guys using RGB fusion 2.0 . For some reason its not working on my pc with 3080 gaming oc card.
The app menu is greyed out i cant do nothing with it. Dont know if its hardware related issue or software . I uploaded video for better understanding https://youtu.be/9txbKojB-1Y

Not sure on that Ico i do not use these types of software ... maybe start a thread so more peeps will see and help you from there

Ico

Ico

Associate
Not sure on that Ico i do not use these types of software ... maybe start a thread so more peeps will see and help you from there
thanks maybe ill do it later im not in the rush to get connectors replaced atm and same time RGB fusion check. Also im waiting for Gigabyte CS response on this matter. Glad you pointed out connectors issue and Gigabyte is resolving it promptly

Soldato
Based on the current info I have, and this is limited to the reports I see here specifically. The connectors are not faulty, however some units after repeat use are developing a problem where the pins become lose and do not make proper connection with the pin outs form the PSU. I will make sure that anyone that has a card with the original connector fault, can report the problem to me directly or on here and I will make sure it gets fixed for you ASAP.

nice touch !

Associate
Good to hear ... So just how many are out there in the wild atm or soon to be with the old connector box any rough estimate..and are you able to give the serial number info cut off point on the Old design ?

For what is worth I got Vision pre-ordered on OCUK ( 2nd place in the queue ) I shall update how pins are once I have received my card.

Update:
Opened my GPU, pushed the pins back into the power connector, plugged in the 8-pin cables, made sure to push the pins all the way in from underneath the card's power connector, put on some new thermal paste, put the whole thing together and now it's running like a dream. It was a very easy fix, but I've never done it before so i was a bit sceptical. Glad i did it though. I must say I am astounded how they we're able to ship this card with this power connector though. I'll probably have to go through the same process again if i ever plug the power out of the card.

Back
Top Bottom