The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Thanks for everyone's replies. Quality control does seem to be an issue... Unfortunately makes it very hard to decide!

It's a lease, it make no difference you have the same right to warranty work if required, and if the paint is bad then you just call the funder/owner of the car and let them know at the start of the lease and they will keep note of it.

Funny thing is at the end of two/three years they won't care anyhow, it'll get stuck in an auction sold as seen effectively, and you'll get charged for any excessive damage only, using BVRLA guidelines normally.

Get the car, enjoy it, stop worrying about presentation it is a tool not a museum piece or an ornament. :)

Soldato
Get the car, enjoy it, stop worrying about presentation it is a tool not a museum piece or an ornament. :)
It's still a lot of money to spend on something to treat as nothing but a tool, it's not unreasonable to expect a good minimum quality standard on something as basic as panel fitment and paint finish. This is the sort of thing you probably don't even need to worry about buying a Dacia.

Associate
I can really empathise with this guy:

He is selling the car because Tesla ignored his emails about taping on a spoiler?

I would hope that if there is an actual problem, tesla would be quicker off the mark, but who knows.... I think it's a bit of a lottery honestly. I personally went into the deal knowing this and got a lucky roll of the dice.

But if I was the kind of person who was annoyed by this kind of cosmetic defect I would never have bought the car in the first place.

Associate
I think tesla have been a great shot in the arm for the car industry and would love one (an X would be nice for the family), but I have to say that the 3 looks a little weird from the front and the interior doesn't do anything for me at all.

I really hope that the other manufacturers start creating trur competitors so that there is a reduction in the cost of these cars. I would also like tesla to have more of an infrastructure of 'dealers' rather than the spread out/large city based ones at the moment.

Perhaps a drive in one would make me look at them differently but when the Skoda Enyaq look so good (in my opinion) then Tesla need to think carefully about their design language.

Caporegime
What am I missing? So far Tesla have tended to deviate very little from reveal - production, infact that's one of their specific goals that they 'don't to concepts'? I know it's going to get about 5% smaller for easier garage fitting, but that's all I've heard. What makes it any less pedestrian friendly than other pickups?

Musk has even said its not Eu legal and never will be. He says they might do a smaller modified pedestrian friendly version called Wolverine for the EU marker.

Man of Honour
There probably isn’t much of market here for it hence why Ford doesn’t sell the f150 here

I'm seeing more pickups than ever on UK roads including larger ones - though we don't really have anything more than mid-size pickups here really.

Tesla should create the framework of an electric pickup and leave other brands to put a shell and interior, etc. on it.

Back
Top Bottom