• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
I don't care. A £50 price rise will turn off more low-end buyers than top-end buyers.

To believe anything else is absurd. It's like saying a £10k increase on a Ferrari is equally affordable as a £10k increase on a Ford Ka.

To be fair low end buyers only dream of Ferrari's. To the low end £250 is an expensive CPU. Whether it is now £300 is immaterial, they're looking at £100 ;)

Caporegime
To be fair low end buyers only dream of Ferrari's. To the low end £250 is an expensive CPU. Whether it is now £300 is immaterial, they're looking at £100 ;)
But the point is if the Ferrari goes up £10k the buyer laughs and gets out his chequebook.

If the Ford Ka goes up £10k the buyer laughs and leaves the showroom :p

Soldato
People are butt hurt as there is no 5700x in the SKU...

Basically this IMO. I think we all hoped that either the 5600x would become an 8 core model given the price it's selling at or that we'd see an 8 core 5700x in the £300 range.

It does seem like a deliberate attempt on AMDs part to push buyers towards the more expensive 5800x chip. Just them gouging the early adopters as far as I can see. I'll wager in 3-6 months there will be a 5700x and 5300x which offer more competitive pricing.

Caporegime
I don't care. A £50 price rise will turn off more low-end buyers than top-end buyers.

To believe anything else is absurd. It's like saying a £10k increase on a Ferrari is equally affordable as a £10k increase on a Ford Ka.

It’s not...the gaming crowd are not adverse to spending money if they see benefit...they will fly off the shelves...at all SKUs

Your Butthurt is immaterial to AMD :p

Caporegime
It’s not...the gaming crowd are not adverse to spending money if they see benefit...they will fly off the shelves...at all SKUs

Your Butthurt is immaterial to AMD :p
If money is not a consideration then you must believe all gamer are going to buy the 5900X or the 5950X.

You live in your own bubble of top-end parts and you literally can't understand the mindset of people buying at the lower end.

You've demonstrated this by banging on about the 5900 being great value when others have been trying to talk about the 5600X. Ironically many of us have already said the 5900X is the best value chip in this line-up. It's just rather more than a lot of us are willing to pay.

Which is a concept you genuinely don't understand. Or you think we're a minority among minorities, presumably because you haven't seen the Reddit threads (etc) where loads are saying they're upset with the pricing - again of the 5600X not your beloved top-end chips.

Feel free to ignore all this yet again and keep banging on about the 5900X. I'd expect nothing less.

Caporegime
If money is not a consideration then you must believe all gamer are going to buy the 5900X or the 5950X.

You live in your own bubble of top-end parts and you literally can't understand the mindset of people buying at the lower end.

You've demonstrated this by banging on about the 5900 being great value when others have been trying to talk about the 5600X. Ironically many of us have already said the 5900X is the best value chip in this line-up. It's just rather more than a lot of us are willing to pay.

Which is a concept you genuinely don't understand. Or you think we're a minority among minorities, presumably because you haven't seen the Reddit threads (etc) where loads are saying they're upset with the pricing - again of the 5600X not your beloved top-end chips.

Feel free to ignore all this yet again and keep banging on about the 5900X. I'd expect nothing less.

The 3600x was $249 on release....the 5600x is $299 on release....it’s a $50 price bump across all SKU...

You can’t compare today’s pricing of 3600x against 5600x.....price drops occurs when the new gen hit the shelves...

You have to compare the release pricing for each Gen...

Caporegime
The 3600x was $249 on release....the 5600x is $299 on release....it’s a $50 price bump across all SKU...
Yes, that's the problem... (or part of it, the other part being missing SKUs..)
You can’t compare today’s pricing of 3600x against 5600x.....price drops occurs when the new gen hit the shelves...

And?

Firstly there isn't a 5600 or 5700X to compare to. Those SKUs don't exist.

But even if they did they'd be seeing the same £50 price hike. It's still absurd to have a fixed hike across all SKUs.

Listen, the 5900 could probably have stomached a £100 price increase. The 5600X could *never* stomach a £100 price increase.

What this should tell you is that fixed/static increases across the whole range are not smart.

One last time: the 1080Ti -> 2080Ti was a price increase of ($700->$1200) $500.

Did the 1060->2060 have a $500 price increase? No? Why ever not? Surely a $500 increase at the top and bottom is equally affordable for both groups, no?

Associate
This article gives you the facts on your i7.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...k-revisit-2018-benchmarks-vs-9900k-ryzen-more
If you keep it and OC, it will still have limits at 1080p. At 4k, not so much, but then its a gpu/monitor upgrade.
I noticed a big change going from Sandybridge to Skylake, so dropping in a 6 or 8 core 2020 cpu will be a big upgrade, that with fast ddr4 and pcie m.2 ssd.
But its all £££'s! I would do a full upgrade in your position, then you know you are sorted for 5 years +.

Thanks for the reply. I think (originally i5 2500k), my 12 year old build has done really well to last so long. I guess a 5900 or possibly 3800 may have to be my next move, then move onto graphics and monitor by next summer.

I do have 2TB SSD, so NVME wouldn’t need to be so large. I think motherboards are prob the most confusing to me and seem to have had the biggest jump in price along with memory, since my last build.

I mainly game, but trying out Adobe Premier takes ages to render video.
I’ve seen on Reddit, the posts with the LG Widescreen monitors and they look so good.

I guess it’s a choice if 1440p Widescreen gaming is worth the jump to upgrade everything. Apologise for speaking out loud. Just so confusing having stepped away from the game and now the urge has come back for all things shiny.

Caporegime
Yes, that's the problem... (or part of it, the other part being missing SKUs..)

And?

Firstly there isn't a 5600 or 5700X to compare to. Those SKUs don't exist.

But even if they did they'd be seeing the same £50 price hike. It's still absurd to have a fixed hike across all SKUs.

Listen, the 5900 could probably have stomached a £100 price increase. The 5600X could *never* stomach a £100 price increase.

What this should tell you is that fixed/static increases across the whole range are not smart.

One last time: the 1080Ti -> 2080Ti was a price increase of ($700->$1200) $500.

Did the 1060->2060 have a $500 price increase? No? Why ever not? Surely a $500 increase at the top and bottom is equally affordable for both groups, no?

Currently the 5600 and 5700x don’t exist...so your point is moot...

Caporegime
Copy pasting your reply when it's not even answering the post you're quoting is a new low, even for this place.

I won't bother reading any more of your drivel.

Soldato
To all those not happy with pricing, you are absolutely correct, please do not order a new Ryzen CPU on the 5th, in fact, please convince everyone of the same. Tell them to wait.

Then at 5pm the severs will be completely empty so I can easily order one at a rediculous over price, then, you can gloat at me.

Soldato
To all those not happy with pricing, you are absolutely correct, please do not order a new Ryzen CPU on the 5th, in fact, please convince everyone of the same. Tell them to wait.

Then at 5pm the severs will be completely empty so I can easily order one at a rediculous over price, then, you can gloat at me.
Nah man it's not 5pm, thought it was 6 wasn't it? ;)

Associate
if i went for a 5950x over my current 3900x, i wont be overclocking, base speed of the new chip is 3.4 ghz, older 3900x base speed is 3.80, does the new 5950x still out perform the 3900x because its newer hardware ? and the margin is small anyway ? thanks for any help, not tech heavy

Soldato
Boggles my mind some people defending a company this much over bad pricing. Do AMD provide them 'Super forum defender team' badges or something.

Yeah people moan about Intel prices for years, as soon as AMD decide to start doing Intel prices, it's suddenly fine because Intel did it

I'm going to wait until some real world reviews come out though before I decide what I'm going to get, could be Intel, could be current gen AMD or could be Zen3, going to get whichever offers best value for money for my needs

Soldato

But you said you turned your nose up at 3700X for £200? If I had seen that deal I would have bought all they had.

Back
Top Bottom