• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
Thx for the update... @GIGA-Man so are we 100% certain that if you have heat-shrink on your card that the user can see in the gap.

Then it is the new connector block type if so i will update the OP with this info as this will help peeps ..and does this apply to all the cards with the blocks ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thx for the update... @GIGA-Man so are we 100% certain that if you have heat-shrink on your card that the user can see in the gap.

Then it is the new connector block type if so i will update the OP with this info as this will help peeps ..and does this apply to all the cards with the blocks ?
You can be 100% certain after sending it for a replacement, otherwise it's a educated guess

Associate
Hi all,
I also got a RTX 3080 Eagle OC and I managed to damage it :( I wanted to fix the power connection and somehow I took some cables out of it. So now I do not know which cables belong into which pin of the 8pin connector. Is there any possibility to buy this 8pin to 8pin adapter which is inside? I think Gigabyte won't replace it now :(
Thanks in advance,
Pascal

Associate
Hello all,
i am from germany and got the 3090 Gaming PC, Serialnumber starts with 2037... what should i do now? so far i dont have any issues, but is just plugged in the card once. i am afraid i get problems when i plug in and out the cables more often.
What can i do now? RMA? Is it possible that Gigabyte sends me frist a new one (fixed) and i send in my "broken" one?

thx

Soldato
Hi all,
I also got a RTX 3080 Eagle OC and I managed to damage it :( I wanted to fix the power connection and somehow I took some cables out of it. So now I do not know which cables belong into which pin of the 8pin connector. Is there any possibility to buy this 8pin to 8pin adapter which is inside? I think Gigabyte won't replace it now :(
Thanks in advance,
Pascal
Is there a physical damage to it or just you took the connectors out and now you don't know what goes where? If you card is 2038 or older maybe you can send it to GB if you are in UK and they can just replace the connector

Hello all,
i am from germany and got the 3090 Gaming PC, Serialnumber starts with 2037... what should i do now? so far i dont have any issues, but is just plugged in the card once. i am afraid i get problems when i plug in and out the cables more often.
What can i do now? RMA? Is it possible that Gigabyte sends me frist a new one (fixed) and i send in my "broken" one?

thx
The chances of you getting a new one and to send your old one are slim to none, the queue for this card is extremely long, also as far as I know other countries seem to not have yet acknowledge that there is and issue. The best advice in your case is don't unplug the card wait until the German gigabyte acknowledges this issue and then send it for RMA, even then you will unlikely get a new card. It will be you send it to them, they replacing the connector and then returning it to you.

Associate
Picked up a 3080 Gaming OC from Newegg in the US on 9/22, got it on the 24th, and submitted a question to Gigabyte's customer support as soon as I saw this thread on 10/12.

Just now received a response earlier today, and it's asking for photos of the connector and asking if the system is able to boot and operate.

In my original question to customer support, I mentioned this thread, posted a link to it, described the issue, noted that my SN begins with "2037", and mentioned how I had issues with plugging my power cables into it day 1.

Kinda seems ridiculous how locations outside the UK are handling this. I don't understand what a screenshot of the connectors will achieve, and why this issue still doesn't appear to be widely known at Gigabyte considering the images of it frying things in this thread. It genuinely sounds like US Gigabyte wants me to wait for something to go wrong before I can send it in for repair, which is insane. Their warranty isn't gonna cover the other PC components this thing has the potential to break, will it?

Associate
Hello all,

thx

Hi. Our only option according to Gigabyte is RMA trough the company we bought the card. I have the pin issue 1 pin bended but managed to plug it in. I will most likely RMA the card when stocks are normal. The card has no issues besides that little thing though.

Associate

Currently yes, all the new connectors have this. My only worry is in future, even though the new connectors currently have the shrink rap, if there is no shrink rap it could confuse people.

Back
Top Bottom