• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was under the impression that Ampere didn't scale that well at lower resolutions. If you put that next to an AMD card that scales normally, it might give the impression that somethings is "wrong" at 4k when it's actually just normal scaling.

Soldato
I was under the impression that Ampere didn't scale that well at lower resolutions. If you put that next to an AMD card that scales normally, it might give the impression that somethings is "wrong" at 4k when it's actually just normal scaling.
Maybe it's just not appearing to scale well because of CPU limitations at 1080p.

Soldato
Reading the comments I think the inference is that it spanks the 3080 at 1440p and lower and is give or take equal at 4k.

That's what CapX said in his comments, he said big navi does well at 1080p and 1440p but drops off at 4k.
The RTX3080 and RTX3090 only excel at 4k, they suck at 1080p and 1440p.

Associate
Maybe it's just not appearing to scale well because of CPU limitations at 1080p.

Benchmarks with the new Ryzen CPUs could help to shed more light on the matter, purely because they appear to be a little faster than what's currently available. But HWUnboxed did a video that seemed to indicate the scaling was particularly good, beyond just CPU limitations. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom