• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thing is how many 1080p TV now actual exist? I mean even most kids/teenagers probably have a 4k one just probably not a high end one. Plenty of budget 4k TVs can be had sub £500 and that's been case for years

I'm still sticking with Series S however it's only due to me getting the PS5 as that will be my 4k HDR machine

(I use 55 Samsung QLED TV)

Man of Honour
Leaked post elsewhere claiming Series S has 364gb of space left after Microsoft OS etc

Does seem to me that the consol os is very large

It’s not the OS, it's the space reserved for the 4 games to auto resume and the always recording features that take up the vast majority of that reserved space. I’m sure they will both be optional at some point giving your that storage back.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s not the OS, is the space reserved for the 4 games to auto resume and the always recording features that take up the vast majority of that reserved space. I’m sure they will both be optional at some point giving your that storage back.
Oh I didn't know that, cheers

Soldato
Thing is how many 1080p TV now actual exist? I mean even most kids/teenagers probably have a 4k one just probably not a high end one. Plenty of budget 4k TVs can be had sub £500 and that's been case for years

I'm still sticking with Series S however it's only due to me getting the PS5 as that will be my 4k HDR machine

(I use 55 Samsung QLED TV)
I think you'd be surprised.

Just like the steam pc gaming survey where 1080p is still a huge portion, I'd expect 1080p console gaming to be a big portion.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

As of October 2020, 65% of PC gamers are on 1080p.

Soldato
Box art for ps5 doesn't match that

FB-IMG-1604524621183.jpg

That could be how much space will be needed by the end of the games life cycle. MW2019 took up nearly 200GB.

Soldato
I can’t tell much difference tbh I notice hdr more than res. Most people don’t pause games and zoom into the pixels or run in slow motion like digital foundry do.

Soldato
I think you'd be surprised.

Just like the steam pc gaming survey where 1080p is still a huge portion, I'd expect 1080p console gaming to be a big portion.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

As of October 2020, 65% of PC gamers are on 1080p.

I agree. We're mostly enthusiasts on this forum so we always want the latest thing. Most people I know wouldn't dream of spending the kind of money required to get a decent 4K TV.

Associate
Do we know whether Quick Resume will require the disk swapping in the drive; has anybody seen this actually tested? There are a number of older titles I want to play that are not on Gamepass and the disks are now pretty cheap at CEX. Swapping disks was always one reason I didn't buy the console version for PS4 in favour of my PC (lazy though that sounds... but I don't think I'm alone in hating the disk swap).

Soldato
Do we know whether Quick Resume will require the disk swapping in the drive; has anybody seen this actually tested? There are a number of older titles I want to play that are not on Gamepass and the disks are now pretty cheap at CEX. Swapping disks was always one reason I didn't buy the console version for PS4 in favour of my PC (lazy though that sounds... but I don't think I'm alone in hating the disk swap).

If it's a physical copy you'll need to swap the disk.

Associate
Gutted! Managed to get an Series X into my cart last night via microsoft but payment kept dying on there end... it's sat in my cart but it's not available :( reached out to support hoping they maybe able to push it along but just told to keep trying.

Edit: Oh oh support may have saved the day and got one from Ireland for me!

Last edited:
Associate
Gutted! Managed to get an Series X into my cart last night via microsoft but payment kept dying on there end... it's sat in my cart but it's not available :( reached out to support hoping they maybe able to push it along but just told to keep trying.

Exact issue I had yesterday as well. Gave up in the end and removed from cart. Will keep refreshing the page today, but don’t hold much hope.

So may try supermarket run on Tuesday AM and hope I’m lucky - should be ok as an open shop even though Xbox not a necessity! Or failing that see what online stock appears post launch.

Back
Top Bottom