• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on the sabrent NVME enclosure?

I got one and I'm very happy with it. My biggest concern is one of my kids getting hold of the NVMe inside, so I went with the one that has the screws instead of the tool-less version. It's very good quality.

Associate
Still nothing taken from my account yet. Anything your end?

Nope nothing showing on mine either. I'm going to try ringing MS again as they must be preparing for dispatch for next week by now.

Just spoke to someone at MS and made her go into my account, she forced an update of the payment details using the same card. It appears this has triggered the payment request and I can now see the pending transaction on my CC. Give them a call and make them access your account and they should be able to do the same for you.

Good luck!

P. S. They need to send a verification code to your email address to allow them to access your account so either be in front of a pc or call hands free...

Last edited:
Soldato
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...ew-beautiful-powerful-but-whatcha-gonna-play/

"For starters, I've already run into one instance where performative parity is not an option. Thanks to embargoes, I have to tiptoe over this anecdote without screen shots attached, so bear with me. In the upcoming Ubisoft game Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the performance gulf is currently drastic: 60 fps on Series X, and 30 fps on Series S. In this case, players cannot go into menus and toggle boosts or gains on Series S to claw those frames back. This game was provided to Ars Technica without formal acknowledgement about that difference, and as of press time, its publisher hasn't responded to questions about whether Series S players should expect a 60 fps toggle at any point."

Soldato
Just spoke to someone at MS and made her go into my account, she forced an update of the payment details using the same card. It appears this has triggered the payment request and I can now see the pending transaction on my CC. Give them a call and make them access your account and they should be able to do the same for you.

Good luck!

P. S. They need to send a verification code to your email address to allow them to access your account so either be in front of a pc or call hands free...

Unbelievable. 4th time I've rang someone after 3 continuous days where they "didn't automatically attempt to take payment again", spoke to a guy this time who said what i'd need to do is go to my account details, go to the Xbox preorder and reselect the same payment option and apply. That way it updates the system and card payment will then be taken. Within 30 seconds of doing that the money was taken from my account. Why on earth was I not told this the past 3 days. Oh well, seems to be fine now. He also said that MS will not be sending out the consoles for delivery "on the 10th" but they will be shipped "on the 10th" so expect them a few days after that. A bit rubbish that but I believe him more than the others that I had spoken to on the phone.

Soldato
Read Eurogamer and ign impression of S and it's exactly what am expecting from it.

Think it's perfect consol to have along side a ps5 and switch, if you down own say a ps5 then I'd say series X is needed but if you do I think S is perfect companion for game pass etc

Man of Honour
So reading that arstehnica review the changes on some games X to S aren't just resolution reduction

Not what some had assumed ?

That's interesting. That's not what was marketed?

Unbelievable. 4th time I've rang someone after 3 continuous days where they "didn't automatically attempt to take payment again", spoke to a guy this time who said what i'd need to do is go to my account details, go to the Xbox preorder and reselect the same payment option and apply. That way it updates the system and card payment will then be taken. Within 30 seconds of doing that the money was taken from my account. Why on earth was I not told this the past 3 days. Oh well, seems to be fine now. He also said that MS will not be sending out the consoles for delivery "on the 10th" but they will be shipped "on the 10th" so expect them a few days after that. A bit rubbish that but I believe him more than the others that I had spoken to on the phone.

I was always confused by the website that stated 2-3 days delivery for most items. I assumed a release product would ship and arrive on release day. I trust Amazon more than MS at this point.

Associate

And to think I ordered from MS as I thought it would be the most hassle free option! Oh well, at least it appears we got it sorted... Hopefully they will arrive on the 10th but as long as I get one I'm happy.

Soldato
That's interesting. That's not what was marketed?

I was always confused by the website that stated 2-3 days delivery for most items. I assumed a release product would ship and arrive on release day. I trust Amazon more than MS at this point.

Might have miss interpreted it worth reading the paragraph specifically mentions differences

Soldato
Reviews of both up on the verge.com as well.

They mention that 4-5 games can be quick resumed which is cool. But I'm confused about how the disk drive works? Do you have to swap disks at the same time as you quick resume a different game?

rp2099
with the digital games they are simple to resume. Just pick them and swap. However with disc based I would imagine that you need to put the disc in at something. Not sure if quick resume will work well with disc games.

Back
Top Bottom