• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I can't bring myself to buy a series S now, not with the amount of storage. Just COD will take most of it meaning I'd need the £220 drive. May as well buy a Series X at that point and have a much better machine. I'll wait until next year for an SX.

Great for just streaming games though.

Soldato
I can't bring myself to buy a series S now, not with the amount of storage. Just COD will take most of it meaning I'd need the £220 drive. May as well buy a Series X at that point and have a much better machine. I'll wait until next year for an SX.

Great for just streaming games though.

To be fair, COD is (at the moment), worst case scenario for installs.
Do people have more than say 5 games, installed at a time, playing them all concurrently?

Man of Honour
CoD has always been ridiculously bloated. No idea why either, there never seems to be any visual or gameplay reason for it. I do get where people are coming from though, the more we learn the better value the X seems vs. the S. I just would just keep CoD out of the equation.

Last edited:

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Suggestions for "best next gen launch game" that I should buy in anticipation?

Really depressing start to this gen from a software perspective, so want to try and pick up at least one "next gen game".

Thinking AC: Valhalla or Watch dogs: Legion?

Cyberpunk full Series X is a way off, Fortnite may be improved but only slightly pending the new engine (but I play it and it's free). Dirt 5 looks decidedly average, NBA 2K21 video looked impressive but has reviewed poorly (not that into NBA anyway).

Any suggestions?

Man of Honour
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...ew-beautiful-powerful-but-whatcha-gonna-play/

"For starters, I've already run into one instance where performative parity is not an option. Thanks to embargoes, I have to tiptoe over this anecdote without screen shots attached, so bear with me. In the upcoming Ubisoft game Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the performance gulf is currently drastic: 60 fps on Series X, and 30 fps on Series S. In this case, players cannot go into menus and toggle boosts or gains on Series S to claw those frames back. This game was provided to Ars Technica without formal acknowledgement about that difference, and as of press time, its publisher hasn't responded to questions about whether Series S players should expect a 60 fps toggle at any point."

This isn’t news. There are already games that support 120fps on the X that are locked at 60 on the S.

Soldato
Also I suspect very very few will run any games at 120 unless you have a 2020 line TV as not every high end TV has HDMI 2.1

To my knowledge if you don't you ain't getting 120 anyway

I know my Samsung QLED TV doesn't granted it is few years old now so I don't think HDMI 2.1 existed then anyway

I looked at modern sets and only saw a handful at most had 2.1 most still ran 2.0

Man of Honour
You can't batter someone with an axe in Watchdogs :D

or two axes :p

People keep mentioning Gears 5, I need to finish 4 first :D

Also I suspect very very few will run any games at 120 unless you have a 2020 line TV as not every high end TV has HDMI 2.1

To my knowledge if you don't you ain't getting 120 anyway

I know my Samsung QLED TV doesn't granted it is few years old now so I don't think HDMI 2.1 existed then anyway

I looked at modern sets and only saw a handful at most had 2.1 most still ran 2.0

Its all very confusing. Not many TVs currently seem to support 2.1 and 120 currently. Some new TVs seem to advertise as having it, but then only have 1 port for it or don't mention the TV has it, but then it does. I'm happy between 30-60 anyway. I can't see 120 being particularly useful or pretty outside of MP.

Back
Top Bottom