• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That's what I love about Microsoft. They seem to learn from their mistakes. Xbox 360 was really their golden age and they brought lots of fantastic exclusive franchises to us and fought their way into the console market as the top choice. They kind of messed everything up with the Xbox one especially as PC gaming was as cheap as ever then so didn't really offer anything. Now they have fixed that by buying up all the developers and bringing EA into the fold. Their xbox live service is still the best in the market so it is shaping up to be a decent generation for them.

100% agree there. The online experience with the 360 was epic and the upcoming exclusives for MS could really cement their place as top dog. No launch titles? Seeing what could be coming and the ability to continue playing the games I've been playing, but now effectively set to 'Ultra' with loading times cut in half? That'll do me.

I wasn't sure what to expect between the One X/Series X, but honestly, I'm impressed. They've made everything buttery smooth, effortlessly fast and it's an absolute joy to use. I can only hear my SX as it's silent here. The keys on my MBP are deafening by comparison. Even on the menu to Rocket League, which would send my One X into PS4 mode!

Caporegime
The beauty of the instant on setting, is that you can still force a full shutdown if you want as well.

So i will likely force a full shutdown each night (nuless i want it to download overnight), and then during the day just have it on standby.

Associate
Did any Currys people get a receipt or invoice of any kind? On their website my order is archived so I can only see the number now and it occurs I've got nothing on paper in case of a warranty issue..

Associate
Has anyone elses Series X changed to showing as an Xbox One in their devices list and had the warranty time changed?

Before it was delivered and set up i had a series X there with warranty until Jan 2022, but now it just lists an Xbox one and says - "Ends on 23/09/2021"

It is showing the right serial number : /

mine shows the same as yours now.

Same for me too, seems as though MS's system has erroneously used the Pre-order date as the start of the 1 year warranty. When I can be bothered I'll phone MS support to see if they can correct it.

Caporegime
Same for me too, seems as though MS's system has erroneously used the Pre-order date as the start of the 1 year warranty. When I can be bothered I'll phone MS support to see if they can correct it.

yeh. It is weird that it was showing a Series X though with the warranty as expected.

It is also bizarre that no one in their online department has bothered to create a proper Series X entry and picture/graphic :confused:

Like you i guess if it doesnt change i will have to call contact MS.

Associate
Did any Currys people get a receipt or invoice of any kind? On their website my order is archived so I can only see the number now and it occurs I've got nothing on paper in case of a warranty issue..

I've just had the screen on my TV replaced under warranty from Curry's and had no paperwork. Just went in to the store, spoke to someone, gave them details, and they pulled everything up and printed it off for me.

HeX

HeX

Soldato

Mine was showing warranty from the pre-order date yesterday, I've just checked again and it's now updated to a year from activation (yesterday). Though it does show as an Xbox One now rather than a Series S like it did yesterday!

Soldato
Screenshot-2020-11-11-at-16-24-07.png

Everything transferred, so cables now hidden, with two black boxes to battle it out for ownership of the left of the desk.

Associate
The driver is still one stop away mind you, and gradually getting further away according to the online tracking. Apparently this is 'totally normal' says the CS reps, sometimes items are packed into the vans in an illogical order (top level logistics there, then). To me it just looks sketchy as hell, mostly becasue the driver tracking showed them on my road at 9:15. Is it really likely that they buried the first drop at the back of a van?

That’s what happened to me today, Amazon driver turned up at 9.30 couldn’t find parcel. Came back 3 hours later when he’d found it in the van and delivered.

Caporegime
I just registered mine now and it shows:

Microsoft Limited Warranty

Ends on 1/4/2023

I suspect there is some sort of issue on their page as that seems incorrect, as I purchased yesterday and registered today.. Might just be due to so many people registering their devices or something?

Edit: Although it's showing as a Xbox One, which I have never owned!

rp2000

Soldato
Miles and Sackboy are on PS4.

Demons Souls is a PS3 game getting a remake.

If you have a PS3 and a PS4, you can play all three without buying a PS5. If you have a gaming PC as well, you can play Godfall without buying a PS5. The only launch game that you can't play without buying a PS5 is Astro's Playroom.
Okay maybe I should have phrased it better, there all on Sony system so there exclusive to Sony

I'm not playing any of there games outside of there echo system

Godfall though from what I think was leaked is only timed exclusive so I think it will hit Xbox soon enough

Back
Top Bottom