Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
DF bench of the new DMC game.

PS5 gives Series X a pretty close run in all quality and RT modes, closer than would be expected.

In 120Hz mode, PS5 actually delivers a better experience. Overall, average frame rate in this mode works out the same on both consoles (100fps), but PS5 is more consistent, and maintains its frame rate during gameplay. Series X tends to lock 120fps in cut scenes, with frame rate varying wildly during combat.

DF state in the video that this isn't what they were expecting. They thought Series X would have a substantial advantage in all tests. And they propose that it could be API issues. IIRC, Microsoft made major updates to their dev tools over the summer.

It's 1 game, quite an assumption to make i think.

Soldato

Think what I thought were graphical glitches were just over the top ice reflections, has been running fine since changing seasons. Reminded me of a dodgy graphics card I had once with white spots appearing all over the place :p

Hopefully more games on gamepass will get enhancements for Series S/X as once they are enhanced they do run very nicely on the S, makes going back to One S versions quite jarring.

Soldato

PS5 gives Series X a pretty close run in all quality and RT modes, closer than would be expected.

In 120Hz mode, PS5 actually delivers a better experience. Overall, average frame rate in this mode works out the same on both consoles (100fps), but PS5 is more consistent, and maintains its frame rate during gameplay. Series X tends to lock 120fps in cut scenes, with frame rate varying wildly during combat.

DF state in the video that this isn't what they were expecting. They thought Series X would have a substantial advantage in all tests. And they propose that it could be API issues. IIRC, Microsoft made major updates to their dev tools over the summer.

It's made by Capcom though, and they're Japanese and thus most likely far more familiar with the PS as Sony and the PS brand are far bigger in Japan than the Xbox. So I can imagine they probably spent far more time working on the PS optimisation, or they're just more familiar with the dev kit and can get more out of it.

Im not about to throw my arms up and get annoyed by one game working better on one vs the other. I'm really not even bothered about the PS5 nor which is better. Xbox Series X has blown me away with it's capabilities and coming from a PC and Xbox background the Series X has only improved my experience. Playing older games with the better experience has been amazing. Just the locked doors 60fps at 4k has been an astonishing upgrade for me tbh. It's night and day vs the experience I had on the One S. It's also still very early in the lifecycle. We'll see how things go :)

Oh, and AC Valhalla locked at 60fps is absolutely stunning!

Man of Honour

Think what I thought were graphical glitches were just over the top ice reflections, has been running fine since changing seasons. Reminded me of a dodgy graphics card I had once with white spots appearing all over the place :p

Hopefully more games on gamepass will get enhancements for Series S/X as once they are enhanced they do run very nicely on the S, makes going back to One S versions quite jarring.

Fingers crossed. It’s so incredibly noticeable playing Gears 4 which isn’t enhanced and I assume is at 30fps.

Soldato
Soldato

Easy fix stop watching DF videos and play and enjoy the games. Bloody DF has turned everyone into a PC gamer can imagine soon we will have tools and bench marks on consoles.

I’m sure I’m just the only who just plays the games these days. Couldn’t care less what all the pointless analysis says if it plays well and looks good I’m happy.

Soldato
£39.99 but it won't allow me to add it via the store link, nor would they do it via chat.

I searched for this yesterday in the store on the console, the buy button said cant find page or something similar, rather than being clickable..

With 2x controller replacements included, this is a bargain assuming they will get stick drift, like every other Xbox controller i've owned, after being dropped a couple of times and landing on the joysticks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom