• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I do hope Ms sort out the performance on xbsx. Otherwise, may pick up ps5 sooner than intended and do my multi plat gaming there. And then will probably be back in scenario of xbox sitting doing nothing.

Associate
I bought my PS5 a Christmas present at the weekend. Am I weird?

65" LG CX

I did the same thing but got the 55" its coming from john lewis Wednesday. Cant wait! Will be the most expensive TV i have ever owned and coming from a 49" 6 year old 4k LED tv with nothing that actually out putted to 4k, i dont even think PLEX ever opened in 4k either when streaming movies from media server so i am hoping to be blown away!

Soldato
I do hope Ms sort out the performance on xbsx. Otherwise, may pick up ps5 sooner than intended and do my multi plat gaming there. And then will probably be back in scenario of xbox sitting doing nothing.
Come join us on the blue side :p is the ps5 really outperforming the xbsx??

Associate

Not really a fan of Xbox but I am sure once developers get to grips with it we will start to see what it's really capable of. Same goes for the PS5. Saying that PC is still the way but my oh my, the consoles are getting closer. :D

Soldato
The closed system of consoles mean they will never catch PC,PC has modding which takes gaming to another level. So for me consoles will always be a secondary system, but it is nice we now at the point where games are no longer a stutter fest like in the 360/PS3 era.

The GPU uplifts dont bother me that much, I feel the zen2 cpu was needed, but the graphical capabilities of ps4 and ps4 pro are perfectly adequate for me, pretty games are ok, but the gameplay always comes first.

Soldato
Come join us on the blue side :p is the ps5 really outperforming the xbsx??

I mean - let us be honest, it is VERY early days.
However, AC Valhalla - Ubisoft have basically partnered with MS on this. If you watch the TV spots they all say "Play now on Xbox......".
There was also the whole issue where it was announced, publically, that the game would be running at 4k60 on Xbox, almost purposely not mentioning the PS5 (which can also run at 4k60, but just not mentioned at the time).
The ironic thing, at least two independent reviewers have said it's playing better on the PS5.

Associate
Got Thursday off right through till the 30th! Can't wait to get some good hours in taking all the advised precautions about rest mode and using WiFi etc. Will be setting up from scratch and downloading PS5 version of Valhalla to merge with my current PS4 run through (thanks cloud saves) so hopefully won't encounter any niggles with it.

Soldato
Got Thursday off right through till the 30th! Can't wait to get some good hours in taking all the advised precautions about rest mode and using WiFi etc. Will be setting up from scratch and downloading PS5 version of Valhalla to merge with my current PS4 run through (thanks cloud saves) so hopefully won't encounter any niggles with it.
The three things people are suggesting (and I'm convinced it is Rest Mode over everything else).

1. Disable Rest mode. Or, if you are going to use it, don't actually let it rest with a game running.
2. Don't do a PS4 to PS5 data transfer
3. Do not use an external drive.

Nobody who has avoided the three above, but has then used the wired LAN has then reported an issue. Using wired alone isn't going to cause any problems.
*Edit* - Shouldn't.
Everyone's choice, personally I will be running wired - the thought of downloading games/patches on WiFi makes me cry!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen a fair number of PS5 for sale on FB Marketplaces near me. I'd love to know how they got them so early. They are 'in hand' not pre orders.

I would say most of them are lying - we're Monday now, nice and easy to delay someone until Thursday before they can complete the deal.
Otherwise the only way would be "insider". I mean, if you're working for a retailer and you've decided to take a console early - well I guess you gotta decide if those few hundred quid are worth the potential of losing your job.

Back
Top Bottom