• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
What headset do people prefer? Would like wireless / surround. Arctis 9x?
I bought the Arctis 9x on Friday, it's a nice headset, comfortable, connects easily etc, I would recommend it BUT there's a bug at the moment (on reddit etc) where the headset needs to be turned off first otherwise it restarts the xbox and the controller loses connection (needs a hard restart). Really annoying but early days (been reported to Microsoft) and once working sounds great, Dolby Atmos etc really nice.

Soldato
Find it strange the PS5 is performing better in the 2 120fps games I’ve seen benchmarked so far. +10% in COD... will be kinda annoying for people that grabbed the Xbox for what was meant to be the better 3rd party performing platform.

Still enjoying Tactics here, so much on game pass it’s hard to know where to start :D

Soldato
Missed an email where I was notified my AC Valhalla has been sitting at UPS depot since Thursday.... UPS are utter rubbish - they never even try to deliver to me, and always just dump it at depot.

Associate
Find it strange the PS5 is performing better in the 2 120fps games I’ve seen benchmarked so far. +10% in COD... will be kinda annoying for people that grabbed the Xbox for what was meant to be the better 3rd party performing platform.

Still enjoying Tactics here, so much on game pass it’s hard to know where to start :D
I suspect it's because PS5 has less cores at a higher clock speed is easier to program for than the XsX with more cores at a lower clock speed (thought theoretically faster).

Soldato
Batterys dead and my existing AA are expired.

Tried to order the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable and its unavailable everywhere :(

I agree with the earlier sentiments, about why Microsoft are still making AA battery controllers in 2020.

Soldato
NX Gamer did a video comparison on Valhalla and he said even if you're freezing it and looking very closely to see differences there are some there but to the naked eye, side by side they are basically the same. Cut scenes have a bit of a wobble with frames but AC games have always been a bit rough there. More to do with the engine than the hardware it's running on. I think it's going to be a good generation whichever console you choose.

Caporegime
Batterys dead and my existing AA are expired.

Tried to order the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable and its unavailable everywhere :(

I agree with the earlier sentiments, about why Microsoft are still making AA battery controllers in 2020.
Buy some rechargable AA batteries, I actually would rather MS stick with AA's myself!

Soldato
Possibly dumb Q but how do disk games work - do the disks need to be in drive when playing game or can I install disk games and then put the disk away? Sorry if its obvious to all but haven't really used Xbox One let alone Series X that I intend to get.. Same Q also for 360 and OG Xbox games....

I prefer physical disks vs digital DLs

Soldato
Possibly dumb Q but how do disk games work - do the disks need to be in drive when playing game or can I install disk games and then put the disk away? Sorry if its obvious to all but haven't really used Xbox One let alone Series X that I intend to get.. Same Q also for 360 and OG Xbox games....

You need the disc in to play.

Caporegime

Obviously the disc has to be in the machine, otherwise you would not be able to resell games anymore.

Soldato
The DS4 battery is easy to replace. You don't need to buy a new controller.

We're talking about general consumers here, so prying apart a controller and disconnecting a battery to replace with a non genuine one doesn't constitute as easy.

Sure, you and I would have no problem, but 99% of people would just buy a new one.

A user replaceable battery should be integrated into the design of the controller, known better as design for disassembly. It's simply lazy.

https://www.c2ccertified.org/news/article/what-is-design-for-disassembly

Back
Top Bottom