• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Never had a PS3 or PS4 controller just die on me. I do wish MS would just put a good quality rechargeable battery in theirs.

No but if you were to compare battery life of a new controller vs a 2 year old one, you're going to see a decrease in battery life. Consoles have a ~7 year cycle as of the last gen, and the controllers should be designed with this in mind :)

Soldato
Batterys dead and my existing AA are expired.

Tried to order the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable and its unavailable everywhere :(

I agree with the earlier sentiments, about why Microsoft are still making AA battery controllers in 2020.

If you've got an old Xbox One play and charge pack it still fits. I'm using one of those, and charging the controller with the work mobile AC adapter...

Soldato
i picked up a new Xbox ONE X not the SERIES X for £140 New in box, I kinda feel a little buyers remorse, It's my first console in a couple of years, someone told me it'll be useless come June :(, should i sell it and upgrade?

Soldato
Buy some rechargable AA batteries, I actually would rather MS stick with AA's myself!

I need a charger as well I think, my charger doesnt look in good condition, I got some new AA coming today same day delivery, and will hope the official charging kit becomes available again before they run out, if it doesnt I will get a new charger with some chargable batteries.

Permabanned
i picked up a new Xbox ONE X not the SERIES X for £140 New in box, I kinda feel a little buyers remorse, It's my first console in a couple of years, someone told me it'll be useless come June :(, should i sell it and upgrade?

Wont be useless at all, will still get all the new games and has a massive back catalogue. Thats a bargain for a very good gaming machine.

Soldato
I need a charger as well I think, my charger doesnt look in good condition, I got some new AA coming today same day delivery, and will hope the official charging kit becomes available again before they run out, if it doesnt I will get a new charger with some chargable batteries.

I've got EBL batteries and charger from Amazon for about £24. It came with 8 batteries that are 2800mAH and they last a long time. I don't see what the issue is tbh. I'm happier that I don't have another device to worry about plugging in every few days, and I certainly wouldn't like to have a cable attached to my console from the controller when the battery runs low whilst I'm playing. It's messy and annoying.

Soldato

You've got all the back catalogue and games pass you are good tbh :)

Soldato
No but if you were to compare battery life of a new controller vs a 2 year old one, you're going to see a decrease in battery life. Consoles have a ~7 year cycle as of the last gen, and the controllers should be designed with this in mind :)

PS4 controllers are also wired controllers, so even if the battery died it would work via usb cable, and thats how I use my PS4 controller, in wired mode. Which is another point, usb cable came with my PS4 controller, none came with my Xbox Series console.

The charger pack is £20, it seems Microsoft is a huge fan of accessory spending. To go alongside their £220 storage expansion, and expensive headsets.

Soldato

Why would it be useless?

In June there will still be many Xbox one and Xbox 360 games you can play on it, and probably a few dozen Xbox Series games you cant play. I expect there is still many Xbox one games in development as well.

Depends on the mindset really, some people out there think only the newest games matter, whilst people like me spend 95% of gaming time playing old classics, with just the odd new game thrown in.

Soldato
I've got EBL batteries and charger from Amazon for about £24. It came with 8 batteries that are 2800mAH and they last a long time. I don't see what the issue is tbh. I'm happier that I don't have another device to worry about plugging in every few days, and I certainly wouldn't like to have a cable attached to my console from the controller when the battery runs low whilst I'm playing. It's messy and annoying.

do you have an exact link to the charger please, thanks.

Soldato
Soldato
PS4 controllers are also wired controllers, so even if the battery died it would work via usb cable, and thats how I use my PS4 controller, in wired mode. Which is another point, usb cable came with my PS4 controller, none came with my Xbox Series console.

The charger pack is £20, it seems Microsoft is a huge fan of accessory spending. To go alongside their £220 storage expansion, and expensive headsets.

Think you need to look at the cost of 1tb NVME storage, it ain’t cheap. Add to that, the MS solution is far neater...you only have to look their current ssd solution

Soldato
There's a reason though - they simply last longer, irrespective of the mAh :)

How much longer do they last? I can charge up my EBL batteries and they can sit in the little case they come in for ages and still have charge when they're needed. They last about 40 - 50 hours in my Xbox pads, and I have three pads in use most of the time.

I ended up buying an extra 8 batteries and in total I paid just over £30. Not bad tbh.

I've also got Amazon Basics batteries and they seem to last the same. I can charge them all in the EBL charger as well which is nice :)

Back
Top Bottom