• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would say most of them are lying - we're Monday now, nice and easy to delay someone until Thursday before they can complete the deal.
Otherwise the only way would be "insider". I mean, if you're working for a retailer and you've decided to take a console early - well I guess you gotta decide if those few hundred quid are worth the potential of losing your job.

I've seen people risk their job for a punnet of raspberries so I don't doubt people will do for more.

Associate
Any good external SSd drives for the ps5? I got Spider-Man and COD Cold War and spider is 105gb minimum and Cod is 285 Gb min.

Will be lucky to get 4 games on main drive at this rate. Note that ps5 only has 664GB useable space for games out of 825GB

Last edited:
Associate
Any good external SSd drives for the ps5? I got Spider-Man and COD Cold War and spider is 105gb minimum and Cod is 285 Gb min.

Will be lucky to get 4 games on main drive at this rate.

Never mind, I see only external drives can play PS4 games at present. I just hope all ps5 games come modular if they have multiplayer component. Storage Space could become big issue if you don’t have fast internet.

Soldato

Will be lucky to get 4 games on main drive at this rate. Note that ps5 only has 664GB useable space for games out of 825GB
105GB for spiderman is 2 games. And COD isn't 285GB, unless you include warzone etc.

V F

V F

Soldato
Never mind, I see only external drives can play PS4 games at present. I just hope all ps5 games come modular if they have multiplayer component. Storage Space could become big issue if you don’t have fast internet.

You really want to be downloading 100s of GB everytime you want to jump in and out of a game? do you?

Soldato
Thats good to know but, I just hope you can choose which parts to install. Roll on Thursday.

With COD you can, from memory I think the Campaign and all its parts are around 60gig, the MP is around 40gb, Zombies 10gig and something else which is around 8gb*

Each can be installed and removed from within the game by pressing R3 in the game to Manage Files.

*From memory, don't hold me to it.

Associate
You really want to be downloading 100s of GB everytime you want to jump in and out of a game? do you?

Not really but what choice will you have? Just hope external drives come available to run PS5 games soon else capacity will become an issue unless you have super quick internet.

Associate
With COD you can, from memory I think the Campaign and all its parts are around 60gig, the MP is around 40gb, Zombies 10gig and something else which is around 8gb*

Each can be installed and removed from within the game by pressing R3 in the game to Manage Files.

*From memory, don't hold me to it.

Cheers. That’s good to know, campaign will prob be done in 6 hrs or so and can be uninstalled after.

Soldato
66GB for Demon's Souls, 50GB for AC: Valhalla. So I'll be at 221GB with Miles Morales and the remaster. 4 games installed plus Astro's Playroom. 446 GB free for anything else. Plenty for me.

Soldato
The closed system of consoles mean they will never catch PC,PC has modding which takes gaming to another level. So for me consoles will always be a secondary system, but it is nice we now at the point where games are no longer a stutter fest like in the 360/PS3 era.

The GPU uplifts dont bother me that much, I feel the zen2 cpu was needed, but the graphical capabilities of ps4 and ps4 pro are perfectly adequate for me, pretty games are ok, but the gameplay always comes first.

The developers for Dark souls remastered mentioned on an interview, with digital foundry, that they were struggling to find enough work to give to the CPU. It will be interesting to see how gaming will develop from here.

As a tangent, the textures and detail in that game is phenominal, I almost want to buy a PS5 for that game alone. Roll on next gen gaming.

I mean - let us be honest, it is VERY early days.
However, AC Valhalla - Ubisoft have basically partnered with MS on this. If you watch the TV spots they all say "Play now on Xbox......".
There was also the whole issue where it was announced, publically, that the game would be running at 4k60 on Xbox, almost purposely not mentioning the PS5 (which can also run at 4k60, but just not mentioned at the time).
The ironic thing, at least two independent reviewers have said it's playing better on the PS5.

Digital foundry speculate that the API is what is holding back the console. We will see what MS can do to squeeze out as much performance from the console.

Soldato
Not really but what choice will you have? Just hope external drives come available to run PS5 games soon else capacity will become an issue unless you have super quick internet.
Maybe i am misunderstanding your post but without a new interface i don't think external drives will ever be fast enough to run PS5 games.
Also you can buy NVME drives for the PS5 admittedly they are not available yet and will be expensive at first but as it is with new tech the price will come down.

Associate
66GB for Demon's Souls, 50GB for AC: Valhalla. So I'll be at 221GB with Miles Morales and the remaster. 4 games installed plus Astro's Playroom. 446 GB free for anything else. Plenty for me.

These sizes are much better. This was more to what I was expecting until I looked on back of the COD box.

Back
Top Bottom