• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I just took a step back to look at the situation:
- cards look evenly matched at 4k
- Nvidia can still provide non-linear gains through DLSS at 4k
- But AMD has promised Super Sampling to counter DLSS
- AMD can provide low single digit gains through SAM but as of now will be only limited to a narrowly defined platform
- Nvidia has promised something similar that will be more widely applied

Seems RT is the only tie-breaker here.. if nvidia can hit 120fps on 1440 even with DLSS on, it suddenly starts looking OK
I would also add DLSS in the mix for its non-linear potential and..
.. can only postulate it would be faster on nvidia due to dedicated tensor cores & more refined model parameters
So if the economics of both products are comparable i believe the broader market will prefer RTX3080 over RX6xxx

I personally don't look at VRAM as a decider, though others might disagree.

Sorry i missed, there's only 1 wild card out here AIB clocks on Big Navi..
thats probably the only variable that can change the 4k equation and things would start looking more interesting

Associate
- AMD can provide low single digit gains through SAM but as of now will be only limited to a narrowly defined platform

Seems RT is the only tie-breaker here.. if nvidia can hit 120fps on 1440 even with DLSS on, it suddenly starts looking OK
.. can only postulate it would be faster on nvidia due to dedicated tensor cores & more refined model parameters
So if the economics of both products are comparable i believe the broader market will prefer RTX3080 over RX6xxx

I would agree that DLSS is a large advantage for NVidia IF it was a technology that worked across the board an had (ballpark) the same gains on all games.

At the moment its "opt in" by game creators and the FPS gains vary a lot between game to game. For that reason I am looking at non RT performance as a base line when looking at the 3080 vs the 6800XT

Associate

If you take another step back DLSS on looks even better :D

Associate
Think I read last night there's something like 25 games nv have now for rt/dlss. I know it's early tech but does peak my interest. I'm changing to a sexy 4k hdr blah blah blah in q1 and quite fancy being able to have good frames with juicy visuals.

Associate
I’ve just changed all the keys on my keyboard to F5’s so I’m ready

Anything else I should be doing Labby?

Untitled.png

Associate
This will get spicy later I guess.

I’m still most shocked about the 5700XT prices and how they’ve shot up for no reason at all. It’s just so ****** from OCUK lol and for reference I checked competitors it is only OCUK that is doing it.

Even if I were buying a 6XXX series card I really don’t think I’d buy it here when thats how they behave.

I’m conflicted what to do really, with little to no information about the performance of the new cards it’s hard to hit the button on them.

Soldato
Think I read last night there's something like 25 games nv have now for rt/dlss. I know it's early tech but does peak my interest. I'm changing to a sexy 4k hdr blah blah blah in q1 and quite fancy being able to have good frames with juicy visuals.

will there be a DLSS post on every page of this thread? stay tuned for the next exciting episode of the Big Navi launch troll fest sponsored by Nvidia.

Half jokingly.

Associate
will there be a DLSS post on every page of this thread? stay tuned for the next exciting episode of the Big Navi launch troll fest sponsored by Nvidia.

Half jokingly.

Hey, I'm not trolling or touting nv. I'm all set to go team Red, just keeping an open mind and not being a fan boi either way.

Soldato
I am a heavy Youtube user (signed up for Premium with a VPN via India and its only a few quid per month... no ads, woohoo!) and have been on an absolute channel blockathon in the last few months getting rid of all of the Mickey Mouse techtubers vying for attention. 99% are complete garbage.

What really pees me off is UK youtubers quoting build prices in $ instead of £.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom