• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
well i kinda wondered whether it wouldn't be available at all on the 6000 series or it was a hardware implementation they are currently working on for future products. If it's something they will implement in the current cards it's a boon, if it's not then it's a bit ****ty.

If it's drivers then that's great, maybe my rx480 will go for a bit longer =D
Sorry mate I'm in full-on good-natured sarcy twit mode today... watched some Blackadder clips this morning and it set me off. :o

Yes, it's all software-level stuff and just requires the work to be done on NV/AMD servers for the relevant games and then translated to the drivers. :)

Soldato
I think the fact they are not releasing reviews/benchies until the cards are actually on sale only increases the potential for scalpers/resellers.

people can't make an informed choice without reviews/benchmarks, so people will simply buy them, see they are/are not better/worse than they want them to be, then resell them.

No reviews simply makes matters worse... in my view.

Associate
3080 was definitely the day before the card was released, 3090 was on the day if I remember correctly

3070 was a day or two before its revised sales launch date. Must admit I can't fathom the review embargo being as it is, even if the listings embargo makes some sense as an anti-bot measure (although there are other ways to mitigate that).

Associate
The fact there are no reviews is sketchy to me, maybe they are trying to hide crap cards and dump on them the eager beavers lol.

Soldato
3070 was a day or two before its revised sales launch date. Must admit I can't fathom the review embargo being as it is, even if the listings embargo makes some sense as an anti-bot measure (although there are other ways to mitigate that).

Oddly only the 3070FE though, nvidia trying to do their best to wave their hands around and be seen by letting the 3070FE reviews go out the day before the RDNA2 launch with the 3070 launch being the day after, AIB cards though were still under NDA until release day (not sure what time)...

The fact there are no reviews is sketchy to me, maybe they are trying to hide crap cards and dump on them the eager beavers lol.
Nah, it's crap but it's normal these days it seems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom