• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is it worth getting an SSD over a standard HDD for PS4 games? I know there’s going to be a performance increase with an SSD but you can get a pretty sizeable HDD for not too much money...

Associate
So, had a bit of time with the PS5. Now the initial rush of it arriving has had a sleep between me and it I thought Iwould post an update.

Initial setup - went without a hitch, walks you through the steps easy as anything. Copied data from old PS4 absolutely fine and is working sweet. Tried Astros playroom, there is no describing that first feeling of the feedback on the new controller other than to say it is more impressive than i expected even after spending so many months reading every titbit of information.

I have one new game, Assassins Creed Valhalla which I am really enjoying, you can tell it's multi platform but there are still some moments where you have to just look at the sharpness of the 4k image. Not had any crashes, hopefully the yanks have helped minimise that with their beta testing :) Ican only guess how games are gonna look once properly developed for the platform, gonna be breathtaking.

My son has had a good play on Fortnite, not my thing as i am 53 and just don't have the muscle memory and reflexes for online battles. It looks lovely though.

Tried "Walking Simulator" (as my son calls it) and that runs great, don't know if there is any boost to it but the finer details do look better (maybe i am seeing what other saw with a PS4 Pro but i only had PS4 std).

Load times on anything i have tried have been great. Ps4 stuff certainly loads faster but still have to wait (internal drive) but i am fine with that.

My wife was quite shocked at the appearance of the PS5 once i put it in the cabinet, it certainly stands out!.

Anyway, back to the game need to go and find some lost vikings. :)

Cheers

Mike

Associate
Got lucky yesterday and ordered from Amazon, arrived 17:00 today, no issues.

really enjoying how quick and snappy it is!

my son (5 years old) had so much fun playing Astros playroom.

As others have said it’s definitely not white, more a very light grey, looks great.

think I’ll be having a late night tonight!

Associate
Why have Sony forced HDR on everything? Some games look like rubbish with HDR turned on. Why not have the same settings like on the Series X where HDR is used on games that are native HDR.

Why are they forcing auto HDR? Give us the choice! Bit of a ball ache having to go into system settings everytime I want to turn it off before playing a non HDR game.

Something for Sony to implement in the coming updates...

Associate
Posted in the other thread but wanted to share the two consoles side-by-side. PS5 towers over the Series X!
Wires not visible from the front of the TV :D

8ZKuyB0.jpg

Anyone been tempted to Plasti Dip the faceplates?

Soldato
Wow that thing is a monster.

Having looking at the pictures of the digital edition, the shape is stylish, I do wonder if microsoft deliberately leaked the series S to sony, so they though microsoft were going digital only, as remember they did up the clocks quite late on, I agree with a youtuber I watched where the optical drive feels like it got bolted on last minute.

Soldato
Just did a quick check on ebay.

9,355 confirmed sales so far. Some will be fake bidders, but that a lot.
And another 3,000 or so listed for sale.

Common price the the disc version £800. :/

Associate
Just did a quick check on ebay.

9,355 confirmed sales so far. Some will be fake bidders, but that a lot.
And another 3,000 or so listed for sale.

Common price the the disc version £800. :/

Sad world we live in, I have two more on order. I only need one more but ordered 2 just in case one fails to turn up. With the spare, if I get it I am only going to add an extra £20 on top of rrp to cover a bit of my time.

Soldato
Packaging was crap on the PS5, flimsy box and what feel like egg boxes inside holding the console.

Series X felt much more premium, I know it's what's inside that matters but MS def went the extra mile.

I much prefer the design of the Series X, PS5 is a great machine but looks worse in reality compared to screenshots and videos, and it's stupidly large.

Love the feel of the DualSense but after an hour of Astro my hands are knackered, but I'm getting old... Might have to turn the haptics down or off for some games in future for longer sessions but the haptics are great.

Soldato
I've been playing Spider-Man Remastered so far and I'm impressed with the console in general. The controller is considerably higher quality than the PS4 controller. I don't know if any of you tried, but if you squeeze the controller on PS4, you can feel the plastic flex, none of that on this new one.

It's also dead quiet and the start up and loading times are ridiculously quick, it's literally 3 - 4 seconds from the PS5 menu to the main game menu and another 2 seconds to load the save after that. I can't wait for the benefits of SSDs on these consoles to have a spill over effect on PC.

Soldato
Packaging was crap on the PS5, flimsy box and what feel like egg boxes inside holding the console.

Series X felt much more premium, I know it's what's inside that matters but MS def went the extra mile.

I much prefer the design of the Series X, PS5 is a great machine but looks worse in reality compared to screenshots and videos, and it's stupidly large.

Love the feel of the DualSense but after an hour of Astro my hands are knackered, but I'm getting old... Might have to turn the haptics down or off for some games in future for longer sessions but the haptics are great.

Yeah, series X felt more premium but Sony has went more environmentally friendly even down to the cable ties. All easily recycled

Caporegime
I expected it to be delivered on a gold platter.

Seriously, what does the packaging matter if the console is protected and works? My 3080 that Cost £750 came with a bit of sponge and an envelope. It doesn’t matter because the card was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom