Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Associate
Just wrecked shop in Dark Souls with the Halbred + 15. Effective on boss, supposed to be good in Demon Souls too. Great range and big hitbox.

Soldato
Didn't know about the diagonal roll trick. I done it the hard way to get the Falchion+1 - killed all the skeletons. After dying around 30 times that is ! Those skeletons are nails !

Yeah they can be tricky unless you're v good at parrying - soul arrows aren't much use against them. The one guarding the falchion is v easy to hit at a distance though!

Soldato
I’ve started as a wanderer I purely went for the Aladdin/Prince of Persia vibe character :D regretting my decision a little bit as I can die in one shot nearly, have done the 1st boss though so doing ok I think, still on original sword and shield for now

Associate
The Wiki is awesome.
First time I went with BBS build, loved it while I got to grips with the game, 2nd time, NG+, crazy OP mage.

Associate
Shortcut through 4-1 then start farm and die at beginning of 4-2 for k's souls.

Nothing worse than stupid dieing before using k's souls.

Associate
Friend of mine is getting his ass handed to him and asked me for help but I can't seem to put my summon sign down? :confused:

Got it equipped and hitting square but the sign isn't going down - the character just isn't doing it.

Associate
Doing a magic based character. Have my Kris sword and Crescent Falchion. Still got the royalty starting armour, not sure what I'm looking for to swap for that. First souls game and loving it so far, done the Phalanx, Tower Night and Spider bosses and they weren't too bad. Something tells me it gets quite a bit harder though :D.

Bloodborne is supposedly getting a remaster/60fps mode so can't wait to try that now.

Soldato
OP
Some guides assume that you're fully kitted and levelled out. Feels like I wasted an evening trying to beat the flamelurker as knight and getting one shotted. I then got lost in a prison. But luckily picked up a club.

Found a sequence guide which says I should do 4-1 after 1-1 and 2-1 (I've done 1-2). The club should help me with 4-1 now against the skeletons. I get its trying to be super hard but literally not telling you anything is bordering on stupid. Apparently, I shouldn't even bother with 2-2 until I've done the others (I at least got some items getting to the damn boss).

I can imagine some veterans reading this and sniggering to themselves :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Some guides assume that you're fully kitted and levelled out. Feels like I wasted an evening trying to beat the flamelurker as knight and getting one shotted. I then got lost in a prison. But luckily picked up a club.

Found a sequence guide which says I should do 4-1 after 1-1 and 2-1 (I've done 1-2). The club should help me with 4-1 now against the skeletons. I get its trying to be super hard but literally not telling you anything is bordering on stupid. Apparently, I shouldn't even bother with 2-2 until I've done the others (I at least got some items getting to the damn boss).

To be honest, it doesn't really matter. You can do it how you like. It's all about the exploration. You will know where you should and shouldn't be depending on if you're getting hammered or not. This one is the easiest of all the Souls games.

Soldato
So if you see a long wind up then you should dodge rather than try parry?

I stay back from their attacks because a heavy blow will stagger you. I think they have two types. One a large one hit, which you can then hit them whilst the are recovering their lunge. The other is a three hit combo which you should stay way away from then hit them after the third jab. They hit hard but as you level you'll be able to one shot them. Almost everything else in early Boletaria will stagger if they hit your shield.

Soldato

what do those numbers relate to ? 1-1 4-1 etc ?

Back
Top Bottom