Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
Got the email from VRCover re Facial Interface replacements and went with the Winter Edition. These seem to get really positive views on other headsets so hopefully the same here

I have just ordered the Winter Edition myself. Thanks for the heads up!!

Associate
I've been waiting on the VR Cover and I got the email as well and also ordered the Winter Edition :)

It looks really good and I loved my original VR cover for the CV1 so expect the Quest 2 one to be just as comfy!

Now just need the RTX 3080 FE to drop! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Has anyone used (quest 1) or is using one of those magnetic connectors on their headset so you don't damage the USB-C socket?

I used one for the Go, as microusb is much more prone to damage, but the magnet wasn't very strong, so it had a tendency to disconnect if you moved too much. I'm not sure how good the USBC ones are.

Soldato
I've been waiting on the VR Cover and I got the email as well and also ordered the Winter Edition :)

It looks really good and I loved my original VR cover for the CV1 so expect the Quest 2 one to be just as comfy!

Now just need the RTX 3080 FE to drop! :rolleyes:

You and me both!

Are you guys using any of the stock watchers, or in any discord channels?

I'm not, I want a 3080 but I am also lazy :(

Associate

Hey Melmac, yeah I'm on a Discord channel for the 3080.

Works really well actually as it alerted me to a 3070 drop so I could have got one but really want the 3080 so didn't bother.
Was tempted though as waiting for the 3080 has been torture!

Talking of the 3080 I'm not sure if I should also upgrade my PSU, its an EVGA Supernova 750 watt which should be ok for the Founders Edition but its pushing 5 years old now so thinking an 850 watt would be safer.
Thing is it will be another £150 to shell out that I don't really want to spend at the moment.

Thoughts?

Soldato

No, I'm not at the moment. I've spent too much money recently (Quest 2, and a Arcade1Up Star Wars cab), so the fact they're out of stock is probably a good thing! Possibly I might get a reasonable bonus at the end of the year, and if so that'll be earmarked for a graphics card upgrade.

Associate
No, I'm not at the moment. I've spent too much money recently (Quest 2, and a Arcade1Up Star Wars cab), so the fact they're out of stock is probably a good thing! Possibly I might get a reasonable bonus at the end of the year, and if so that'll be earmarked for a graphics card upgrade.

Nice one on getting a Arcade1up Star Wars CAB! I didn't know you could get hold of them in the UK, did you import one?
I bought an A1Up Street Fighter CAB early last year and modded it with a Raspberry Pi (just upgraded to a Pi4 recently) and love it.

They've just released an Out Run CAB in the states that I would love to get my hands on (well the stand up version in 2021) as that was one of my favourite arcade games as a kid, would also be awesome to mod for different driving games.

Anyway apologies for taking the thread of topic! :p

Soldato
Has anyone used (quest 1) or is using one of those magnetic connectors on their headset so you don't damage the USB-C socket?

I'm just running the cable along the headstrap held in place with a small velcro strap, I figure that should stop it getting pulled and damaged, hopefully..

Soldato
Nice one on getting a Arcade1up Star Wars CAB! I didn't know you could get hold of them in the UK, did you import one?
I bought an A1Up Street Fighter CAB early last year and modded it with a Raspberry Pi (just upgraded to a Pi4 recently) and love it.

They've just released an Out Run CAB in the states that I would love to get my hands on (well the stand up version in 2021) as that was one of my favourite arcade games as a kid, would also be awesome to mod for different driving games.

Anyway apologies for taking the thread of topic! :p

A friend of a friend is importing a few. Shipping costs are so high that it was more cost effective to buy a few and sell them on. The actual cost is extortionate -£600! - but you just can't get them anywhere over here. I was going to get one from Smyths when they advertised them but decided against as they were only going to get the sit-down one and I don't really have the room, but it turns out they cancelled all the orders as the suppliers wouldn't supply them, so I avoided disappointment there.

I already have a full-size two player Mame arcade cab (using an old quad-core Windows XP PC), but I wanted Star Wars as it's my favourite arcade game and you need the yoke to play it. It's just not playable using joysticks or trackball.

Anyway, also big apologies for being off-topic!

Associate
A friend of a friend is importing a few. Shipping costs are so high that it was more cost effective to buy a few and sell them on. The actual cost is extortionate -£600! - but you just can't get them anywhere over here. I was going to get one from Smyths when they advertised them but decided against as they were only going to get the sit-down one and I don't really have the room, but it turns out they cancelled all the orders as the suppliers wouldn't supply them, so I avoided disappointment there.

I already have a full-size two player Mame arcade cab (using an old quad-core Windows XP PC), but I wanted Star Wars as it's my favourite arcade game and you need the yoke to play it. It's just not playable using joysticks or trackball.

Anyway, also big apologies for being off-topic!

Well congrats on getting the Star Wars cab!

it was the only other A1up cab I wanted but as you say there is just no easy way to get one in the UK and I was not going to import one as the cost is just too high.
I always wanted an Arcade cabinet but I don't have the space for a full size one so when the A1up cabs came along it was the perfect solution for me, easy to mod and the size is not an issue either.
Thats my last comment on the subject as this is not the right place to discuss.... back to Quest 2 accessories :)

Hopefully the VR cover does not take too long to ship. I'm sure I read that they really ramped up their warehouse presence and have stock located in both Europe and the US so should not take as long as it used to get deliveries to customers.

Back
Top Bottom