Raijintek AM4 mounting kit with Noctua cooler

Associate
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum to post in.

I was wondering if anyone knows if a 3rd party AM4 mounting kit such as the one that Raijintek offers will work with mounting a Noctua cooler? I currently have a Rajintek themis cpu cooler installed and would like to switch that out for a different cooler most likely the Noctua NH-D15S.
N.B. I dont have the original AMD AM4 mounting kit as the system came with the Raijintek cooler already installed

Associate
OP
The Noctua would have its own AM4 mounting kit.

What am I missing here?
Sorry, it includes the AM4 mounting brackets and screws but not the backplate as it relies on the original AM4 backplate that the motherboard comes with. However, I do not have this and instead have the Rajintek AM4 backplate. Would a fair assumption be that the Noctua cooler would still be compatible as it is still AM4?

Associate
Sorry, it includes the AM4 mounting brackets and screws but not the backplate as it relies on the original AM4 backplate that the motherboard comes with. However, I do not have this and instead have the Rajintek AM4 backplate. Would a fair assumption be that the Noctua cooler would still be compatible as it is still AM4?

If the screw threads are the same then it probably will be.

Should really keep original backplates though for this reason!

Associate
OP
If the screw threads are the same then it probably will be.

Should really keep original backplates though for this reason!
Yes I agree it should be kept! However, in this situation the system was shipped by Overclockers themselves and they did not include the original backplate for some reason. I have checked the motherboard box but it is what it is

Associate
OP
No I haven't. It's fine as the AMD backplate is fairly cheap to get online and can arrive quicker if needed. Thanks for the help guys. I'll update this thread if things work out with the Raijintek backplate!

Soldato
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum to post in.

I was wondering if anyone knows if a 3rd party AM4 mounting kit such as the one that Raijintek offers will work with mounting a Noctua cooler? I currently have a Rajintek themis cpu cooler installed and would like to switch that out for a different cooler most likely the Noctua NH-D15S.
N.B. I dont have the original AMD AM4 mounting kit as the system came with the Raijintek cooler already installed

I might be wrong, but I think you need the stock AMD backing plate to mount NH-D15. I haven't bought a pre-build system sense early 80s Intel. If OcUK didn't include it with our pre-built system I suggest you email or call them about getting one. They can probably some setting around and can send you one.

Back
Top Bottom