*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I pre-ordered it the other day, i have been waiting for this game for around 7 years since before the teaser back then , but i feel its not what i hoped it would be, I was hoping it would be more Bladerunner mixed with mass effect type of theme but I will see !

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I hope we're not seeing a role reversal and the next gen effects are going to come to console before PC, so we'll have to wait for the best experience on PC.

Has someone stated this? The PC version is next gen out the box with full RTX and whatever your system can support. The only exception being AMD card owners must wait for AMD to update their drivers to support DXR as they are lagging behind somewhat.

Associate
Not in Russia

I mean I suppose the developers still get some money this way, but you may as well just obtain via other means if you are going to do this. Suprised the forum allows talk of it, they are normally pretty strict with anything that's not 100% above board.

Man of Honour
Has someone stated this? The PC version is next gen out the box with full RTX and whatever your system can support. The only exception being AMD card owners must wait for AMD to update their drivers to support DXR as they are lagging behind somewhat.

Wonder if RTX features are enabled in Windows 7 - it is using a baked in DX12 renderer for Windows 7 but not sure if it supports ray tracing or not.

EDIT: The DX12 feature level runtime for Windows 7 doesn't support DXR features :( so I'm guessing they won't be available on Windows 7 on CP either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder if RTX features are enabled in Windows 7 - it is using a baked in DX12 renderer for Windows 7 but not sure if it supports ray tracing or not.

EDIT: The DX12 feature level runtime for Windows 7 doesn't support DXR features :( so I'm guessing they won't be available on Windows 7 on CP either.

I am really interested as to why you have not moved to Win 10? is it a hardware thing?

Man of Honour
I am really interested as to why you have not moved to Win 10? is it a hardware thing?

I have several Windows 10 systems but I keep my main 2 desktops (machines I actually rely on) on 7 because I find Windows 10's update implementation obnoxious compounded by far too many post update issues and the UI aesthetically I find obnoxious.

Associate
I have several Windows 10 systems but I keep my main 2 desktops (machines I actually rely on) on 7 because I find Windows 10's update implementation obnoxious compounded by far too many post update issues and the UI aesthetically I find obnoxious.

Keeping the ‘machines you rely on’ running an operating system that’s no longer supported is certainly an interesting concept...you’re better off using Windows 10 LTSC in my opinion. But each to their own :)

Man of Honour
Keeping the ‘machines you rely on’ running an operating system that’s no longer supported is certainly an interesting concept...you’re better off using Windows 10 LTSC in my opinion. But each to their own :)

Can't say it is something I would recommend to someone else but I make it work for me.

Sadly it isn't like you even fundamentally improve your security situation moving to Windows 10 as MS's approach is undoing any of the benefits of a newer, supported OS and if people are getting their knickers in a twist about that I hope they are using one of the better flavours of Linux. I find it odd how much stick Intel gets over their vulnerabilities yet the Windows 10 situation leaves you many times more exposed than any of the Intel vulnerabilities.

Soldato

windows 7 :s

Associate
I mean I suppose the developers still get some money this way, but you may as well just obtain via other means if you are going to do this. Suprised the forum allows talk of it, they are normally pretty strict with anything that's not 100% above board.

when developers start releasing games that are actually finished, bug free and stop charging so much then maybe people would stop doing it
especially when they expect you to pay up-front for a game that might not perform as expected

Back
Top Bottom