• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm getting silly amount of hours from my controllers. I bought a second one, mainly for two-player Sackboy, but like to have one on charge while I'm playing.
Don't think I've had to do a hot-swap yet, the controller just lasts and lasts and then I pop it on charge at the end of a long gaming session.

Mine lasts way longer than the DS4. I have played AC: Odyssey for over 15 hours Sun/Mon/Tue and it's just now on 1 bar remaining. With the DS4 it was like 4 hours total or something. When it gets to 1 bar I have it plugged in charging when in rest mode, so it never completely depletes. May be because that's a PS4 game, I haven't had any long sessions with PS5 games.

Soldato
I have a USB3.1 Sata adaptor, plugged into a rear port it's been fine with a 500GB SSD attached. It came with a USB-A to USB-C adapter, thought I'd try it in the front USB-C port to free up a rear port. On doing this, my Wifi dropped completely, and wouldn't connect to/find any wifi networks on the PS5. And it caused issues removing the drive.

Probably down to the included USB-A to USB-C adapter, but a strange one!! Back to using the rear port again, wifi back to normal and drive working as normal...

Soldato
Does the PS4 version of Sackboy give you the PS5 version too?

I'm asking as it's cheaper on PS4, but I can't see anywhere that says you get the next gen upgrade included which is pretty poor if so.

Associate
I have a USB3.1 Sata adaptor, plugged into a rear port it's been fine with a 500GB SSD attached. It came with a USB-A to USB-C adapter, thought I'd try it in the front USB-C port to free up a rear port. On doing this, my Wifi dropped completely, and wouldn't connect to/find any wifi networks on the PS5. And it caused issues removing the drive.

Probably down to the included USB-A to USB-C adapter, but a strange one!! Back to using the rear port again, wifi back to normal and drive working as normal...

I'm glad this wasn't just me that had this happen. Wifi dropped when I plugged in a external SSD to the rear ports. Moved it to the front USB-C port but now using a wired ethernet connection and have no issues. Very bizarre. Wifi worked fine when I disconnected the drive. I'm using a Sabrent USB to SATA adapter recommended by Digital Foundry. May consider getting an enclosure as the sata connector feels like it may come loose very easily.

Soldato
I'm glad this wasn't just me that had this happen. Wifi dropped when I plugged in a external SSD to the rear ports. Moved it to the front USB-C port but now using a wired ethernet connection and have no issues. Very bizarre. Wifi worked fine when I disconnected the drive. I'm using a Sabrent USB to SATA adapter recommended by Digital Foundry. May consider getting an enclosure as the sata connector feels like it may come loose very easily.
That's the same one I'm using, Sabrent USB 3.1 adapter. No issues when plugged into the rear ports. Might be the cable interfering with the wifi antennas?

Associate
Don’t know why I buy these things, I haven’t switched it on for over a week. Can’t get motivated to game atm.

I went through this stage a couple of years back. I had to change up the games I played and found things I enjoyed more. I was used to playing just certain types of games and Destiny which started to feel like a job when I played it.

Try getting something that challenges you so you feel good beating it. I also used to play games on normal difficulty and when I upped them to hard it felt way better. The game doesn't even become that much more difficult but just by the right amount and it makes upgrades etc become useful instead of face-roll. I found certain multiplayer games a good challenge to, loved Rainbow 6 Siege.

If all else fails have a break and wait until you get the urge.

Soldato
Battery life has been good for me outside of Astro, that hammered the battery life with so much going on.

I think the game you play has an effect more than before, as above Astro has the controller vibrating and the triggers working away constantly, as does something like Dirt 5.

Play a ps4 game and you get the odd vibration as per the DS4 and I feel the battery lasts longer, extended plays of Dirt 5 do seem to run my controller down but I was on Days Gone for about 3/4 hours last play and the controller didn't drop a bar.

Back
Top Bottom