• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Permabanned
nice one! I was too busy today to sort out my refunds hahaha will drop them a line later on this week. Bought few games and want to enjoy them before CP2077 :D
Good luck. I still have one to call but their line is always engaged. Might be a chargeback. I need to buy valhalla and just patiently wait for cyberpunk.

Associate
You and I don't know how much OCUK had to pay for these cards. We don't know their margin. A shop selling at a lower price may have ordered ten times as many cards as OCUK at a lower original cost, for staged delivery over 12 months. A large high street store would shift way more cards than OCUK through sheer footfall, so could order such volume.
We just don't know, we don't have the information.
Ok then explain why the intel 10900k is £200 over rrp and the amd 5950 is £110 over rrp when they were taking orders. The only things that are over priced are the items they think they can get away with charging over the odds for. Gibbo himself has openly said he adds a premium if the items are in demand

Associate
I am just one Happy Camper.

I had a pre-order since September 8 for that Thicc Asus TUF OC 3080. I cancelled that thing and waited. I jumped the gun and pre-ordered that Zotac AMP Holo 3080 non OC when the pre-order marker showed up in OCUK back in the 25th November, 2 days later got an email Queue Nr. 45.
And just as I was going to buy a waterblock for a different RTX 3080 (intending to cancel the Holo). I literally got an e-mail saying my Holo got dispatch and its to arrive today at 11:00 am LOL!

I was night shift at work today and I could not wait to go home XD

THANK YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS;)

Associate
Dunno man, I think I got really lucky.

I had a pre-order on that ASUS TUF 3080 OC at its RRP price from a competitor since September 8th (after the first month I already knew that different card design and brand have different number of Pre-order i.e. the Asus one's have thousandsssssss of pre-orders). I had enough and literally cancelled it at November 20 and got refunded by the 24th Monday.
Somehow By CHANCE, I saw that 3080 Holo from OCUK on the 25th November Pre-order! and pulled the trigger. Queue 45. I did this thinking that Zotac is not so popular so I will have a chance (maybe). And I just wanted any 3080 so I can complete a watercooled NR200P Build and run the LG 4k 144hz monitor.

And yesterday I was contemplating of cancelling it again cause reasons. And then I got the e-mail for the dispatch. Crazy level of Coincidence! :eek:

Associate
Just got my shipping confirmation for my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC. My last update queue position was #9 on 11/27. Wish the best of luck for all you lads.

Associate
I feel you. I was thinking of cancelling last night and pick up a 6800XT from a German shop that had it on pre-order with delivery date from Dec 12 but your post kinda gave me some hope today. Let me know how it runs, can't say I'm too happy with picking up a Zotac but coming from a Gigabyte 1080ti I'm pretty sure it's going to be a big jump.

Associate
I feel you. I was thinking of cancelling last night and pick up a 6800XT from a German shop that had it on pre-order with delivery date from Dec 12 but your post kinda gave me some hope today. Let me know how it runs, can't say I'm too happy with picking up a Zotac but coming from a Gigabyte 1080ti I'm pretty sure it's going to be a big jump.
My current card is a "Zotac GTX 1070 AMP Extreme!" amazing card that overclocked a dream, however it was let down by the cooling fans. Had to replace them twice. and Zotac won't supply the fans, so had to trawl the internet and have them imported from China. They must have had a lot of complaints about the fans, since the last set I had they've changed the bearing internals from steel to nylon. Over time the steel ones would start to rattle, even with a little bearing oil added

Last edited:
Associate

I would say wait, Zotac seems to have very high production.

And I don't know. Few Years back, I have tried multiple versions of 980Ti's and 1080 Ti's and 2080 and the Ti versions. From reference, to Classifieds and the King Pin versions. It was fun yes. What did I learn?

I learned that as long as they have the same Chip (in this case the 3080). They will all run the same. The only real difference is the Cooling, and how loud it can get and the components used and the length of warranty Zotac got 5 Years. To me the boost clocks are really negligible (I understand some can boost nicely cause a good silicon). Unless the boost clock is really high which affects performance significantly which is not possible unless you LN2 that thing.

I can understand why people want the Best though. I am the same Type of MAN. I WANT ASUS!
But heck, 3080 is a 3080, I take Zotac thank you!

Ofcourse there are exceptions. I had a chance to get a Gainward but I just had to say no XD

Ill post some details once I got it on. Will have to see cause I got another night shift tonight.

Associate
I would say wait, Zotac seems to have very high production.

And I don't know. Few Years back, I have tried multiple versions of 980Ti's and 1080 Ti's and 2080 and the Ti versions. From reference, to Classifieds and the King Pin versions. It was fun yes. What did I learn?

I learned that as long as they have the same Chip (in this case the 3080). They will all run the same. The only real difference is the Cooling, and how loud it can get and the components used and the length of warranty Zotac got 5 Years. To me the boost clocks are really negligible (I understand some can boost nicely cause a good silicon). Unless the boost clock is really high which affects performance significantly which is not possible unless you LN2 that thing.

I can understand why people want the Best though. I am the same Type of MAN. I WANT ASUS!
But heck, 3080 is a 3080, I take Zotac thank you!

Ofcourse there are exceptions. I had a chance to get a Gainward but I just had to say no XD

Ill post some details once I got it on. Will have to see cause I got another night shift tonight.
Exactly my thinking. 3080 is a 3080. Difference is quality of the cooler, PCB and it's components. They're pretty much all the same.

Associate
Exactly my thinking. 3080 is a 3080. Difference is quality of the cooler, PCB and it's components. They're pretty much all the same.
that's a pretty big difference in my view. You're left with a useless chip if everything else is ***** and dies prematurely. On my gigabyte 1080ti i had to change the thermal paste pads and fans once in 4 years but everything else was grand. Plus not the mention the 3080 capacitors issue. I'd rather trust Gigabyte or Asus to have sorted those in mass production.

Associate
that's a pretty big difference in my view. You're left with a useless chip if everything else is ***** and dies prematurely. On my gigabyte 1080ti i had to change the thermal paste pads and fans once in 4 years but everything else was grand. Plus not the mention the 3080 capacitors issue. I'd rather trust Gigabyte or Asus to have sorted those in mass production.
I heard the capacitor issue was resolved with drivers from Nvidia so I'm not really worried about it. I'm pretty hands on so Il probably be putting better paste on anyway. Thermal pads shouldn't be too bad as long as applied correctly. It won't be put under extreme cooling so no need for top of the line components. I did want a ftw3 but I never saw a pre-order button.

Back
Top Bottom