• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Don’t know why I buy these things, I haven’t switched it on for over a week. Can’t get motivated to game atm.

I've had times like that too, take a break until something that really excites you comes along. You're going to have this console for years, over the life of it I'm sure you'll have times where you'll drop in and out.

For me playing different, shorter games is a nice change, stuff life Journey and FireWatch where you can actually see the end in a couple of nights rather than a 100+ slog through the next open world.

Soldato
For me playing different, shorter games is a nice change, stuff life Journey and FireWatch where you can actually see the end in a couple of nights rather than a 100+ slog through the next open world.

This. I way playing RPG after RPG. And it was really refreshing to play shorter games like Inside, Journey and Limbo - Just happened to be around the time PS5 was released so didnt actually want to start anything too lengthy

Now playing Assassins Creed: Valhalla and fully invested and loving it :D

Soldato
I installed Ghosts of Tsushima last night and i have to say the optical drive is pretty loud. I am also getting a bit of random vibration as well so i might grab some o rings and do the mod on the fan. I was always really impressed with the quickness of fast travel on this game and on the PS5 its silly quick. I can go to the lowest part of the map and fast travel to the highest and its less than a second. The hints page comes up for less than a second and you are back in the game.

Soldato
When my PS5 vibrates it could be silenced by squeezing together the top of the side fins. In the end I put a rubber band round them and it doesn't do it anymore.

Caporegime
Email from Amazon saying I’ll get a replacement for my lost PS5 within two weeks, see how this one goes!

I just got the email too, not sure if I even trust them, the hype has gone and I’m tempted to just wait until next year and I can walk into a shop and buy one, I wonder what you put in the message you send them, as it just simply directs you to a contact is page to let them know you want one...

Soldato
I installed Ghosts of Tsushima last night and i have to say the optical drive is pretty loud. I am also getting a bit of random vibration as well so i might grab some o rings and do the mod on the fan. I was always really impressed with the quickness of fast travel on this game and on the PS5 its silly quick. I can go to the lowest part of the map and fast travel to the highest and its less than a second. The hints page comes up for less than a second and you are back in the game.
I'm doing that later myself.

Going to check for the sticker too while i'm there.

Associate
I just got the email too, not sure if I even trust them, the hype has gone and I’m tempted to just wait until next year and I can walk into a shop and buy one, I wonder what you put in the message you send them, as it just simply directs you to a contact is page to let them know you want one...

I’m sort of feeling the same although it’s meant to be Christmas present from the missus so worth the punt to see if it actually arrives now.

I rang them, they told me they could see the note on my account, took payment again and confirmed one had been allocated to me.

Soldato
What's a good place to get a year subscription to PlayStation plus these days? I see its currently on sale in the black Friday deal on the store.

That’s basically the best one right now unless you fart arse around with getting PSN credit cheap from other places which I don’t think is worth it for the effort.

No idea if you can, but a decent brand/rated HDMI 2.1 cable is all you require.

I've been reading a lot about people having issues with some cables, are there any officially certified 2.1 cables available yet in the UK? I was having e-arc issues with my TV to amp, tried the PS5 cable and worked a treat, the TV even picked up my amps name.

Back
Top Bottom