Mountain Biking

Soldato
Curious if anyone here has used the Tannus tyre armour? I do a fair few rides every week on my MTB but this time of year I am getting several thousand punctures from brambles on the tracks and
am looking for something to prevent it.
The youtube videos I can find seem to rate it highly, but that's youtube and I trust it as much as Rishi :p

Why not just buy tires with built in protection?

My Schwalbe Land Cruiser plus tires cost less than this insert.

Soldato
I have WTB Vigilante downhills on at the minute, I should have said I do a fair few drops and enduro style trails, they still get penetrated by the thorns I also use 27,5x2.8

Associate
Curious if anyone here has used the Tannus tyre armour? I do a fair few rides every week on my MTB but this time of year I am getting several thousand punctures from brambles on the tracks and
am looking for something to prevent it.
The youtube videos I can find seem to rate it highly, but that's youtube and I trust it as much as Rishi :p
I've used Tannus armour. (not a fan of tubeless)
Bit more difficult to fit the tyre than without an insert, but no issues with it. It added a bit more support to my thin walled tyres (vittoria mezcal)

Man of Honour
Been a while since I have posted in here! I have been running the PP Shan for sometime now but always still craving another full susser so I have ordered something new, it has a long lead in time though so won't be available until spring next year :( but should be here for the good weather and hopefully open borders to Scotland!

Teaser of what is to come for those interested :)

cFDXjNj.jpg

Soldato
Very nice :D

Had to abandon today's ride - started off nice enough

IMG-20201204-102035-01.jpg

Then got a bit sleety

IMG-20201204-113142-01.jpg

Then I bonked :mad:

Then the snow got heavier

IMG-20201204-112445-01.jpg

IMG-20201204-112441-01.jpg

Then I remembered I should have put more sealant in my tyres to deal with that slow leak which was getting quicker by the minute then after two co2 canisters and it staying inflated for about 5 minutes and the snow got heavier we sacked it off and headed back which was tough with a fully deflated tyre and no go left in me

Anyway new tyre, valves and sealant ordered andnwill.be heading back to do the loop properly at some point .....

Soldato
Good effort anyway, been a few weeks since my last ride

Realistically will probably be March until next one, lazy me

Maybe need to get a turbo trainer? :p

Associate

Then got a bit sleety

Then I remembered I should have put more sealant in my tyres to deal with that slow leak which was getting quicker by the minute then after two co2 canisters and it staying inflated for about 5 minutes and the snow got heavier we sacked it off and headed back which was tough with a fully deflated tyre and no go left in me

Anyway new tyre, valves and sealant ordered andnwill.be heading back to do the loop properly at some point .....
That looks ace, where is it? Almost looks Peaks or Lakes area?

I made it out last weekend for the 1st time since I had Covid last month. Just a short ride and I found myself out of breath sooo quickly. Hopefully will be back to "norm" soon

Soldato
It was (apart from having to abort :D)

Yeah, high peaks around Hayfield area, will defo be heading back

In other news - pootled along with my Mrs this morning (she was doing an 11mile run) - different bike, another puncture (tube this time) so about 5 miles home on a very soft and slippery back wheel :rolleyes:

Caporegime

Then got a bit sleety

Was it the tyre or the snow that caused the sacking off? I can excuse the tyres :p

First ride on the new bike today, also the first off on the new bike * 3. Really should've took it somewhere not so gnarly for a first go.

Soldato
I haven't been out for a ride since the middle of October on my scotland trip (with a stop off in the peak district). Local riding in the mud and filth just hasn't had the same appeal, for some reason! :p

Started to order some parts for my new frame which should be due early Jan(ish) - dropper, headset, brake discs, and a Manitou Mezzer Pro LE sterling silver for my Jeffsy, as the Fox 36 factory currently on it will be going on the new build :D

Man of Honour
Started to order some parts for my new frame which should be due early Jan(ish) - dropper, headset, brake discs, and a Manitou Mezzer Pro LE sterling silver for my Jeffsy, as the Fox 36 factory currently on it will be going on the new build :D

What are you building? I finalised my build today as follows, some parts I will source and some my LBS will get and they will complete the build when the frame drops next year :)

Forbidden Druid - Cosmic Eggplant
Fox Transfer
Fox Factory 36
Burgtec cockpit
Hope X2 brakes
X01 groupset
Hope Fortus Wheelset
Hope BB & Headset
Onza Porcupine tires

Cannot wait!

Soldato
What are you building? I finalised my build today as follows, some parts I will source and some my LBS will get and they will complete the build when the frame drops next year :)

Forbidden Druid - Cosmic Eggplant
Fox Transfer
Fox Factory 36
Burgtec cockpit
Hope X2 brakes
X01 groupset
Hope Fortus Wheelset
Hope BB & Headset
Onza Porcupine tires

Cannot wait!

Oh, I'm jealous, the Druid in that colour looks awesome. :cool: I was trying to work out the headbadge!

Hope X2 brakes though, do you prefer the dual piston ones? Hope V4's on both my bikes, love them! 203/180 on my jeffsy, 180/180 on the new bike to get them warmed up faster.

I'll be building a Nordest Lacrau 2 Ti Pinion gearbox frame, C1.12 gearbox with the Gates belt drive
Fox Factory 36 in 150 or 160mm travel
Brand X 200mm dropper
One up carbon bars
DMR Defy stem
Hope V4 brakes, 180mm rotors
Pinion/Hope hubs, DT swiss rims (haven't decided yet if it'll be a 27.5/29 mullet or a 29 front and rear - depends on tyre clearance)
Hope Headset
Vittoria Mazza/Martello tyres
Rimpact inserts

The fox 36 has an RRP Bolt on pro guard, and along with the gearbox, belt drive and titanium frame, it's an 'ultimate winterproof hardtail' build that will require just a hose down every few weeks, and means my lovely YT Jeffsy Pro Race won't be covered in mud for 6 months like last winter!

Back
Top Bottom