• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Yeah it’s why I think the DE PS5 is poor value overall.

So far I’ve not paid full price for any game.

I got Demon Souls for £60, Sackboy for £50, Miles ultimate for £65, Dirt 5 for £35, DMC 5 for £25.

I’ve already made up a good amount of the £100 difference already and it’s still launch and that’s not even considering reselling the games either.
Demons souls and Miles ultimate are both cheaper if you buy the digital version with top up vouchers (£58.87).

Soldato
PS5 was released on 19th November, PSN end of year sale started on 30th November. They waited all of 11 days.

How much was Demons Souls digital in the sale? I didn't see the sale.

Edit: Oh sorry I see you put it there with the caveat of shopping around for vouchers which for me personally is more hassle (and less reliable) than simply selling the game which I did. However if £58 was a 'sale' price with voucher savings I imagine it wasn't discounted at all so no it didn't happen in "all of 11 days"

I've seen the games on sale, PS4 sale yes not one PS5 game I see. If you're not in a rush to play the latest though certainly can get relative bargains later.

Last edited:
Associate
How much was Demons Souls digital in the sale? I didn't see the sale.

Edit: Oh sorry I see you put it there with the caveat of shopping around for vouchers which for me personally is more hassle (and less reliable) than simply selling the game which I did. However if £58 was a 'sale' price with voucher savings I imagine it wasn't discounted at all so no it didn't happen in "all of 11 days"

I've seen the games on sale, PS4 sale yes not one PS5 game I see. If you're not in a rush to play the latest though certainly can get relative bargains later.
You say 'caveat of shopping around for vouchers', but in reality it takes me a couple of minutes to buy and redeem a code. I normally buy a few of them at a time too. I'd say that was much less of a caveat than selling a game which will take up a good chunk of time, plus depending on where you sell it there may be selling fees, PayPal fees, postage fees, risk of getting scammed etc.

Obviously if a specific game doesn't happen to be on sale the console isn't going to be sitting in a box for months, there isn't a shortage of games :D. Digital edition might not suit you but it doesn't mean that it doesn't offer superior value to other people. Personally I buy 1 or 2 full priced multiplayer games per year that I know I will put hundreds of hours into, which at the moment happen to be slightly cheaper digitally anyway. I don't need to play the latest singleplayer games at release, they can wait a year or two until they are at rock bottom prices, at which point it probably costs me less than the price it costs people to sell it.

Last edited:
Soldato
You say 'caveat of shopping around for vouchers', but in reality it takes me a couple of minutes to buy and redeem a code. I normally buy a few of them at a time too. I'd say that was much less of a caveat than selling a game which will take up a good chunk of time, plus depending on where you sell it there may be selling fees, PayPal fees, postage fees etc.

Obviously if a specific game doesn't happen to be on sale the console isn't going to be sitting in a box for months, there isn't a shortage of games :D. Digital edition might not suit you but it doesn't mean that it doesn't offer superior value to other people. Personally I buy 1 or 2 full priced multiplayer games per year that I know I will put hundreds of hours into, which at the moment happen to be slightly cheaper digitally anyway. I don't need to play the latest singleplayer games at release, they can wait a year or two until they are at rock bottom prices, at which point it probably costs me less than the price it costs people to sell it.

I like a mix, I meant (but never stated initially) regarding full price digital games ala Demons souls. I said earlier I have loads of digital games (265 but some are PS+) and I certainly don't mind buying them that way, it's just something I reserve for cheaper games like indies or older games generally. Nothing will ever convince me it's a good idea to spend more than £30 on a game I cant get the money back for but I'm with you on the MP game thing, for something I dip in/out of it's much better and I'll justify the hit.
I rarely buy games at launch either as there are so many to play I haven't yet but when I do I tend to sell them on although I do feel this creates a nagging thing in my mind to finish it asap so I can move it on. Perhaps I should go digital too but I like to have the option of discs.

Associate
My Amazon Spain order had an estimate of 4th-6th of Jan when I ordered it. Just got an email to say it's shipped and will be here next Friday! Absolutely buzzing.

Associate
Quick question regarding multiplayer games on the PS5, I sometimes play Street Fighter or Marvel on the PS4, when I get the PS5 and play them through BC, will I still be able to play multiplayer with people on the PS4 still?

Just found out Fifa 21 doesn't support cross-play between PS4 and PS5, so I'm hoping this isn't the case with regular BC games.

Soldato
Guys, can anyone tell me if it’s possible to setup a PS5 (updates, downloads etc) without linking it to a PS account?

I got one for my lad for Chrimbo, so obviously don’t want him to know, but I’d love to have it mostly setup and ready to go come Christmas Day. He currently has a PS4. Thank you.

Associate
Guys, can anyone tell me if it’s possible to setup a PS5 (updates, downloads etc) without linking it to a PS account?

I got one for my lad for Chrimbo, so obviously don’t want him to know, but I’d love to have it mostly setup and ready to go come Christmas Day. He currently has a PS4. Thank you.
If they are disc games you can make a new account, install them and download game updates. If they are digital then you need to sign in to the account that owns them and download from your library, but I only got email notifications when adding new games to my library from the PS Plus collection.

Soldato
For those of you that are struggling to find a workaround with chatmix with the mics on your headsets, because of the lack of an optical input on the Ps5. Stick the optical lead in to the optical input on the back of your TV, or in my case the optical input on my soundbar. If neither of those options are viable then buy an Astro HDMI audio adapter for the Ps5 which comes with all the leads you'll need.

Soldato
If they are disc games you can make a new account, install them and download game updates. If they are digital then you need to sign in to the account that owns them and download from your library, but I only got email notifications when adding new games to my library from the PS Plus collection.
Thanks for that. Not sure whether the games will be disc or digital. He’s had both in the past.

I’ll maybe just wait it out, unless there’s a way to do system updates etc without installing games.

Soldato
Currently have the disk version of miles morales. If I upgrade to the ultimate version online, I’m guessing I’ll still need the disk to play? What about playing the ps5 version of Spider-Man? Will I need the disk for that?

Soldato
I'm still in two minds if I will get a ps5, I spent all those years on the ps4 hoping to get a forza equivalent as gran turismo was a no show. I know gt7 been confirmed for the ps5 but as for when it will come around god knows.
I'll be getting either ps5 or xbox x series in April when works bonus comes through suppose it will depend on what stage gran turismp is at

Back
Top Bottom