Cyberpunk 2077

Caporegime
Sounds like confirmation bias to me. Even taking into account the unscored reviews on Metacritic, the overwhelming indication is that it isn't an average game at all.

No confirmation bias at all. I wanted to wait for the next gen patch regardless anyway.

PCgamer is the one that made me sit up and take notice. I normally quite like their reviews, and if they only think its worth 78% then i'm going to be wary of the game. It does seem like some people's views of the game have been tainted by the bugs though, so waiting for all the bugs to be fixed seems like the right way to go.

Caporegime
Why would they hold back a patch that fixes a lot of issues from reviewers and force them to use pre-prepared footage instead? claims of a day one patch that fixes all of the problems sounds like a bit of a placebo to me. If they can fix almost everything in the last week before launch but not in time for reviewers then why not just delay the game by 7 days and send reviewers a bug free game to review? it just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Soldato
No idea maybe it’s not as smooth and nice as the pre recorded stuff supplied by the dev. Maybe the patch is out tomorrow and they are working it right up to the last min to get things fixed. Reviewers have the PC version and were told they must play it on a 3080 or above minimum why ?

The leaked footage of the PS4 version looked ok to me.

Who knows all will be revealed Tomorrow.....

Associate
Only watched IGN but fact it has or least they hinted at has many bugs is annoying but I'm very worried that the Dev forced them to use only video of game play they provided

Seems a big red flag for me
Not really, It's not uncommon at all for artist to want the user to experience the game themselves. To be honest it seems more people are grabbing small straws pretty much everywhere and trying to find ways to discredit the game(Not you personally) The reality is almost every reviewer has said this game is awesome and that was to be expected coming from CDPR who really do go above and beyond to create an amazing experience. Just look at the DLC for the Witcher, they could've easily charged full p[rice for B&W and HOS expansions, longer than most stand alone games. The Witcher also is so well optimized you can run the game silky smooth on entry level GPU's while many other games still can't have that consistency and optimisation of TW3.

This game is going to be something from the start, and even better when the DEVs knuckle down and iron out some things.

Associate
Anyone any idea why people are buying just the steelbook cover alone on Ebay for £35 - £45 ?

I had it in my basket on Amazon earlier today £54 including the game (Xbox)

Confused as to why it's selling for so much.

Soldato
Not really, It's not uncommon at all for artist to want the user to experience the game themselves. To be honest it seems more people are grabbing small straws pretty much everywhere and trying to find ways to discredit the game(Not you personally) The reality is almost every reviewer has said this game is awesome and that was to be expected coming from CDPR who really do go above and beyond to create an amazing experience. Just look at the DLC for the Witcher, they could've easily charged full p[rice for B&W and HOS expansions, longer than most stand alone games. The Witcher also is so well optimized you can run the game silky smooth on entry level GPU's while many other games still can't have that consistency and optimisation of TW3.

This game is going to be something from the start, and even better when the DEVs knuckle down and iron out some things.

I'm getting the game but I stand by what I said, I still find it dubious they didn't let reviewers show there own game play footage. I'm positive they didn't do that with any of the Witcher games

I can see why they would tell them to avoid certain aspects,plot points etc.

Same way I get embargo generally.

Whilst I didn't enjoy the Witcher series, it was well made in many many aspects, I only didn't like it cause I don't really enjoy the setting that it's in.

Soldato
I'm getting the game but I stand by what I said, I still find it dubious they didn't let reviewers show there own game play footage. I'm positive they didn't do that with any of the Witcher games

I can see why they would tell them to avoid certain aspects,plot points etc.

Same way I get embargo generally.

Whilst I didn't enjoy the Witcher series, it was well made in many many aspects, I only didn't like it cause I don't really enjoy the setting that it's in.

Normally it's just don't show past x level, or don't show these sections so as to avoid spoilers etc. which I'm fine and supportive of.

But saying you can only use b-roll footage is not on, the site's should have got together and said no, we'll avoid spoilers but will show what we want including the bugs etc.

Never gonna happen as all the sites/YouTubers want the clicks and ad revenue, hype so massive this is like Xmas coming early for them.

Soldato
Associate
It says in a little box on the poster " ON CONSOLES The game will release in each region at midnight local time" Thats word for word. Will find out at 11am tomorrow anyway.

I think PC etc unlock all unlock at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom