• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I posted a Zotac update yesterday in sticky, don't think they were showing any 3080 this side of Christmas.

Having spoke to several board partners last couple of days, they have all said the same that 3080 is now shorter than its ever being and shall be until middle of January and even then they are unsure if it will get better, they also saying supply on 3060Ti also looks to be incredibly short as well.

So 3080 is looking bad across the board for the next few weeks it seems from what all the board partners are telling me, they simply not getting GPU's from NVIDIA.
No worries mate im not particularly in a hurry and really wasn't expecting until after crimbo anyhow ,I just emailed Zotac as there was no info on the Trinity.

Associate
Think normal human decency applies online. Also if you have a massive backlog of orders, I'm sure refusing service to people in queue because of bad manners will only help you out ;)
Normal retailers refuse service to ill mannered customers regularly so I think it's not an over reaction to do the same online.

OcUK Staff
Think normal human decency applies online. Also if you have a massive backlog of orders, I'm sure refusing service to people in queue because of bad manners will only help you out ;)
Normal retailers refuse service to ill mannered customers regularly so I think it's not an over reaction to do the same online.

We do understand peoples fustration and our skin is thick, we will try to help wherever we can but of course we have banned some customers from buying from the company due to abuse to the staff in the past, but someone hurling abuse on forums, or saying nasty things about me is not gonna lose me any sleep, I will do my best to get whatever stock we can and try to keep you guys updated as much as I can. :)

Soldato
Scott don't want to make your day worse but might as well say here so others know too, but most our memory purchase orders were rejected today due to an IC issue, hopefully it soon gets resolved or at this rate there will be no GPU's, no CPU's and now no memory to sell or build systems with. I mean with a failure or BREXIT coming can this year get any more wrong or complicated.

But as always, we will survive. :)

So as a hint to you forum guys if you need a memory kit get it purchased because if this IC issue is more widespread then prices worldwide will go up.....

Cripes we need 80 memory kits for work.

Been catching up on posts and I think the insults at OCUK staff are despicable.

Associate
sorry to get your hopes up, somebody got his knickers in a twist and decided to throw a toddler-like tantrum because Gibbo made a simple mistake on the update thread. He's so far refused to apologise which REALLY makes me want to try to track his order down, cancel it and block his IP, but I've had a bad day and have a feeling that might be an overreaction.

I'm still hoping to have some Ventus for you guys before xmas, ideally early next week, but I'm going to have to go into the warehouse tomorrow because it doesn't look like the MSI shipment that I expected yesterday has arrived yet.

Between our warehouse manager having to limit pallet shipments, MSI's multiple suppliers and ETA's on some emails being arrival dates whereas ETAs on others are dispatch dates, there's a lot of confusion about what SHOULD be here already and I'm going to have to be on site to resolve it.

I went a few pages back and saw the drama. Yikes .

while I am also going through the motions of it since day one. I really do appreciate the updates from you and @Gibbo . This has helped a lot and I understand the situation. I’m kinda kicking myself for ordering an MSI card now but they have always been solid for me.

It does suck that if no deal happens I’m looking at customs tax but that’s life really. I’ll wait and see how next week goes and how Boris goes too before making the final decision to cut my losses.

OcUK Staff
Did all the Gigabyte cards in the stock expected list now arrive? Waiting on a 3080 Xtreme.

Some Gigabyte was booked in yesterday but on 3080's were still expecting the following from the shipment:
10pc 3080 Gaming OC
20pc 3080 Vision
12pc 3080 Extreme

So in transit, of course we do not normally post exact numbers in case something goes wrong, goods stolen, damaged in transit etc. so if less come in please don't hurtle abuse at us, but you wanted numbers so I am giving them to you but if for whatever reason they change, well they change. However with any luck the full amounts will turn up soon. :)

OcUK Staff
Cripes we need 80 memory kits for work.

Been catching up on posts and I think the insults at OCUK staff are despicable.

Get on it fast, some distributors have not realised yet so are letting all their memory sell out cheap, whereas many have now put a block on all large volume orders.

Associate
@Gibbo I'm sure everyone appreciates you working late like this and posting and also how busy and tough this period has been but also let's be fair, it's also a blessing. With millions facing job loses, companies like yourselves are facing a future of big growth. So let's keep it in perspective.

I can't help but feel the reaction you get now a days is really of your own making. Many many years ago Oversclockers was the gold standard, it was almost blasphemy on UK tech forums to purchase elsewhere. Even if you were £10-£20 more expensive on a £200 item than your main competitors, people would buy from you because the level of trust and reputation you had built up.

Unfortunately you've really damaged it, not just externally but with your many forum members. You've gone from a spotless image to being seen as the retailer that price gouges products in times of supply constraint or launch, it hasn't helped that along the way every time you've done it over the years it's been one excuse for it over another. Which is very hard to believe when your main competitors dont and even if they do, it's no where near to the degree you do (even online retailers of similar size).

You've lost allot of trust, It's a shame. Ultimately that means people have far less leeway and understanding when it comes to criticism.

Associate
According to Zotac .......The Trinity OC is the card we're shipping the most units of (as far as I know).

Unfortunately don't know more than that.

Kind Regards,

Eurotech

from Zotac them selves not sure why OC cant get them, oh well is what it is just have to wait.

I jumped ship from 700 or so in the Gigabye Eagle OC queue when I realised it wouldn't fit in my case next to the pump I'm going to be putting in, and am now at 98 in the Trinity OC queue. Sounds a lot better anyway, so hopefully one day next year I may get a card :D

Associate
i'm more irritated at ASUS at this point. we all know that the TUF OC cards are identical to the non-OC cards with a different firmware on them (even the box is the same just with "OC" printed on it), but they are managing to supply OCUK with hundreds of one and a tiny trickle of the other.

i can't imagine the ASUS rep would tell me anything I couldn't guess, but it still feels a scummy thing to do. if they didn't want to sell an RRP model they should've never put it up for sale in the first place.

looking at rival's supply numbers, their ASUS shipments largely mirror OCUKs so there's no point chipping off here.

OcUK Staff
i'm more irritated at ASUS at this point. we all know that the TUF OC cards are identical to the non-OC cards with a different firmware on them (even the box is the same just with "OC" printed on it), but they are managing to supply OCUK with hundreds of one and a tiny trickle of the other.

i can't imagine the ASUS rep would tell me anything I couldn't guess, but it still feels a scummy thing to do. if they didn't want to sell an RRP model they should've never put it up for sale in the first place.

looking at rival's supply numbers, their ASUS shipments largely mirror OCUKs so there's no point chipping off here.

Its not just Asus most manufacturers are shipping more OC versions, my guess is it simply comes down to their profit margins as they clearly make more money on overclocked parts. But as long as they keep shipping then that is what matters.

What is most annoying is when board partners create totally new SKU's and then release those and then ship stock, this greatly annoys myself because they have used 3080 GPUs to make those cards which have no back orders when what they should be doing is purely focusing on fulfilling back orders on all the SKU's they already sell.

As such I am on your guys side, I even tell the board partners this and ask them what the hell are you doing making and shipping new SKU's when you still have thousands of back orders on current SKU's, of course they do not answer, but to me its a bit of a joke and not too professional for me to post as such but its the truth, every board partner right now should be using every GPU they get to make more of the products they have back orders against and not be making new SKU's.

Associate
i wonder if this thread gets shut down with all the abuse being thrown i hope not id like to see it through to the end next march - June time lol gives me something to read every night before bed keep up the good work you do moderators and ocuk shop staff and managers ill get my msi x trio when its delivered

Associate
Any news on the inno3d frostbite with the water block pre-installed? I'm only going to buy a waterblock later anyway and at this point paying a slight premium to have a warranty and not do the installation myself seems worth it, hoping that given their more of a niche product they might not sell out instantly as well.

OcUK Staff
Any news on the inno3d frostbite with the water block pre-installed? I'm only going to buy a waterblock later anyway and at this point paying a slight premium to have a warranty and not do the installation myself seems worth it, hoping that given their more of a niche product they might not sell out instantly as well.

Inno3D update was posted in sticky thready yesterday, both Frostbite cards are incoming in very small numbers.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo probs don’t have any information but guessing there is no chance of the strix none Oc coming this year?

thanks for the updates BTW

No information being given to us on it so far. Asus have being pushed extremely hard by OcUK and NVIDIA on our behalf to get more stock into the UK market as a matter of urgency across all products, it does seem to be helping but with all things related to GPU shipments at moment it is all very slow moving.

Associate
No information being given to us on it so far. Asus have being pushed extremely hard by OcUK and NVIDIA on our behalf to get more stock into the UK market as a matter of urgency across all products, it does seem to be helping but with all things related to GPU shipments at moment it is all very slow moving.

No worries thanks for the response have a good night.

Associate
What cards are the most common / have the highest chance to get one?

It's disgusting that people who'd use them can't get cards while FB Marketplace is full with scalpers

Back
Top Bottom