Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I haven't played it but the Pro is quite a bit more powerful than the standard PS4 so presumably its mainly peeps that have the standard one.

I only followed the release loosely - but I'm sure they said, a few years ago, that the base consoles won't be up to it; not worded like that mind.

One thing that is hard to defend about this game, is how much it crashes! Had about 8 now :(

Edit: and the gun play sucks *** - laughable and clumsy is how I'd describe it, not to mention the game seems incapable of registering hits over some objects - even when a target is clearly in your sights.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bandai Namco is the publisher in Europe. That’s what’s on the box..... :)...

The comedy appearing Police in this game are just so awful it’s funny. I had one appear half in my car and it made my car flip up and kill another pedestrian causing more Police to beam in from out of nowhere..... It’s just awful and instantly kills any immersion.

They're the EU marketer and distributor, not the publisher.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/...-cyberpunk-2077-in-selected-european-markets/

Soldato
Bandai Namco is the publisher in Europe. That’s what’s on the box..... :)...

The comedy appearing Police in this game are just so awful it’s funny. I had one appear half in my car and it made my car flip up and kill another pedestrian causing more Police to beam in from out of nowhere..... It’s just awful and instantly kills any immersion.

Did your save games come back BTW?

Man of Honour
Pretty sure this has been mentioned but regardless of the number of patches/updates, it's not going to fix the mechanics, just the bugs, maybe some graphical enhancements but that's it.

The opening scene reminded me of HL, the overall look felt like I was playing some oldy game that I got free with PS+ :(

I haven't played enough to really comment and I started playing after the patch was released yesterday so maybe I will have a better experience. I'm going to try the settings posted above as the shooting felt really poor, I had no control at all.

This was my feel too. It felt like an indie title at first glance, just based on how it felt. I got far cry 2 vibes going up the tower and the npcs all felt pretty lifeless. Even in combat the AI just stands in one place most of the time. It’s all very basic. Not really sure what they’ve spend their time on, it’s certainly not gameplay - RT I guess? Oh wait, we don’t even have that on next gen consoles.

The first car chase broke the immersion entirely when a few shots from a handgun against armoured vehicles blew them up, you what now?

It’s ok though, they made their money back in one day. As a developer they’ve gone way down in my estimation. Zero hype for any of their future titles. Witcher 3 was peak for them I reckon. Even there people gloss of the release and continuing flaws.

Soldato
Did your save games come back BTW?

Nope started again. All seems ok so far save wise just the game itself remains the problem.

Tbh I’m not sure anything can save this game. It’s such a mess and tbh not that great to play. The story is about the only thing it has going and even that is starting to get boring. Tbh I enjoyed Watchdogs legion more and that was not great.

Massively overhyped game that the dev has really failed to deliver on on many levels.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If anyone is finding the aiming or HDR settings a bit weird, try these settings.

HDR:
Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

I'm on XSX with a LG CX and this made it look much better, less washed out with some proper darks.

Control settings:

* Outer Dead Zone - 0.90
* Inner Dead Zone - 0.05

* Horizontal Sensitivity - 13
* Vertical Sensitivity - 11
* Zoom Sensitivity Reduction - 1
* Response Curve - Recommended

* Horizontal Turning Bonus - 0.80
* Vertical Turning Bonus - 0.40
* Turning Ramp-up time - 0
* Turning Delay - 0

* Horizontal Turning (ADS) - 0
* Vertical Turning (ADS) - 0
* Turning Ramp-up time (ADS) - 0
* Turning Delay (ADS) - 0

If you need more sensitivity turn up the base sensitivity, however you may need to lower the turning bonuses to compensate.

Both copied Reddit, but both have worked a treat for me.

Hopefully what I've just posted helps.

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I'm just not getting on with the current controls.

Soldato
I'm playing on the PS5 and have just finished The Pickup. So far I've had one hard crash, one instance of loading the game and all my settings being reset, and encountered numerous small bugs and glitches but nothing hindering progress yet. That said, it mostly runs very well and look fairly decent considering it's a PS4 title. Firefights get annoyingly chaotic (I can see now why VATS on Fallout is a thing) and the UI is not particularly intuitive or user-friendly, especially when it comes to inventory.

I'm not sure how much more I'll play but I think it needs at least a few more patches and improvements before it's in a state where I'm happy to pour some hours into it. The people who had already opted to wait for a full next-gen release are going to be playing a much better game.

Soldato
Happened to me. The general consensus is that an enemy ai isn't 'properly' killed even if you think they are. There should be an automated save just before this bit that you can reload. Took me four tries to advance here.

I had to start a new game, it happens if you a start game without the day one patch.

I'm thinking I'll probably get the game and play as it is just now on my PS4 Pro. Don't really want to wait for next gen when we don't have a date confirmed for it yet and all we know is 2021 sometime. Especially given how notorious the game has been for delays!

It totally playable on the PS4 Pro. I'm on base PS4 and Im ok with it, especially after the 1.04 patch with has improved performance. Still struggles when driving in the city but you shouldn't that issue on the Pro. Just be prepared for it to look like a PS3 game, this really is one of the worst looking AAA titles I ever played on PS4

Man of Honour
If anyone is finding the aiming or HDR settings a bit weird, try these settings.

HDR:
Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

I'm on XSX with a LG CX and this made it look much better, less washed out with some proper darks.

Control settings:

* Outer Dead Zone - 0.90
* Inner Dead Zone - 0.05

* Horizontal Sensitivity - 13
* Vertical Sensitivity - 11
* Zoom Sensitivity Reduction - 1
* Response Curve - Recommended

* Horizontal Turning Bonus - 0.80
* Vertical Turning Bonus - 0.40
* Turning Ramp-up time - 0
* Turning Delay - 0

* Horizontal Turning (ADS) - 0
* Vertical Turning (ADS) - 0
* Turning Ramp-up time (ADS) - 0
* Turning Delay (ADS) - 0

If you need more sensitivity turn up the base sensitivity, however you may need to lower the turning bonuses to compensate.

Both copied Reddit, but both have worked a treat for me.

Hopefully what I've just posted helps.

This is indeed LOADS better, thank you!

Soldato
I've decided to not ruin this for myself and simply not play it in it's current state.
I picked it up for £39 with an Ebay voucher, I've just popped it back on Ebay for the same price - I'll lose a couple of quid in postage.
I'll then buy it again once there is a PS5 version.

Associate
Xbox One X here. I've enjoyed what I've played so far, but I'd had a lot to drink last night. Didn't follow, nor fall for the hype and just decided to pick it up on a whim even though it sounded like a buggy mess. One thing I did find odd last night is that the city looked busy in the distance, however it always seems quiet around the player if that makes sense? I initially had a few crashes and glitched quests, however last night I didn't encounter any issues post-patch.

I see that the Senior Game Designer has been hounded off Twitter...

Soldato
The story is great really well thought out and different. The game is ok when you stick to the story but it falls to pieces if you venture off. The Ai is awful it just has no idea how to react to what you do. Things appear and disappear all over the place the Police literally appear in front of you. Cars just vanish and appear it really breaks what little immersion there was. The Map is overloaded with icons and you are constantly hounded by phone calls or messages. The three different beginning segments have virtually no impact on the rest of the game other than a few dialogue options. Reeves is not great his voice acting is well below the other main characters. Gunplay is erratic with no real tactics or thought involved.

Tbh this would have made a much better book or even tv series than a game. The story is by far its strongest point. It’s just wrapped up in a very below average game that even by last gen standards is dated. I really like CDPR and loved the Witcher games but this is just awful I have no idea what they have been doing for 8 years tbh.

It’s a 4/10 from me it’s well below average from what I have experienced in 15 odd hours. It starts ok but really falls apart pretty quick. Hopefully patches will fix it but it’s a lot to fix far more than just a few bugs.

Soldato
Sold it after a few hours of gameplay. It's utter tosh.

First hour had me gripped, but I don't know if that was me coming off of the hype.

Overly complicated levelling system; glitchy; buggy; naff story from the off at least; absolutely no compelling reason to go back to it.

Back to Demon's Souls for me.

Soldato
I didn't really get caught up in the hype with this one. Seems like that was probably a good thing :p

No doubt it'll be worth a play next year, when they've squashed the bugs.

Soldato
Sold it after a few hours of gameplay. It's utter tosh.

First hour had me gripped, but I don't know if that was me coming off of the hype.

Overly complicated levelling system; glitchy; buggy; naff story from the off at least; absolutely no compelling reason to go back to it.

Back to Demon's Souls for me.

Exact opposite here - loving the story, yep there are a few glitches but nothing major in ~10 hours on Series X. Next-gen patch should improve the graphics, but even then the hotfix yesterday has improved things a lot already.

Caporegime
I didn't really get caught up in the hype with this one. Seems like that was probably a good thing :p

No doubt it'll be worth a play next year, when they've squashed the bugs.

Yeh, sounds like it unfortunately.

One to pick up in the bargain bins/a used physical copy from music magpie or something next year, when the next gen patch is out and all the bugs are fixed.

More than enough to play on Gamepass as it is, especially with new halo, Forza etc coming early next year.

Back
Top Bottom