Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Been looking forward to this but was going to wait till I got a ps5. Then the reviews came out last week and I felt I couldn't wait

Wow at how dissatisfied I am . Story is good but the glitches soon take the fun out of it . The AI and npcs are horrendous. The interaction options seem utterly pointless (which fallout 4 which I enjoyed got slated for) and even the graphics are poor whilst running poorly , the driving is terrible and the city seems no more alive than GTA5 on the PS3 ever did

Any reviewer who gave this game 10/10 or 100/100 needs sacking. Even ignoring the graphics and glitches it's really far from an AAA title. I mean GTA San Andreas (2004) had better AI and npc scripting/interaction.

:(

Soldato
Do you think they'll get the base PS4/Xbox version up to a playable 25-30fps without the huge pop-in/loading issues? people keep talking about "what do you expect from 2013 hardware" etc but other than PC those are the only platforms it has been released for. Are they going to be let off the hook just because next gen happens to have backwards compatibility?

sadly no, I think they will fix the weird issues like quest npc's been in the wrong place, floating cars, game crashes.

But I cannot see them getting the performance uplift required to get ps4 up to stable 30fps, I dont think its in them, the engine I think is the problem there. This is a real shame.

Also looking at gamefaqs and youtube, can see masses of sheep treating developers like god's blaming hardware for the bad engine. Effectively saying Series S shouldnt exist (even though thats actually ok on this game), and people shouldnt be using ps4's anymore. I think lots of people perhaps kids who dont value cash as mummy and daddy buys for them or from affluent backgrounds. I know when I sell my ps4 pro probably in a year or two it will be easy to sell as there is people who buy used a generation behind because it is all they can afford.

I have actually suggested on gamefaqs, we need a seal of approval system back in place, like Nintendo had on the NES, this seal would prevent the release of a game on a platform with these kind of glaring issues, the developer would be told to fix it again and again until they get it right, this would be unified as well so e.g. if it sucks on ps4, then you cannot release on ps5. But I dont think the console vendors have the balls to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the game refunded on Xsx, when you see NPC’s doing that Jesus on the cross pose and talking without moving their mouths kinda kills the immersion lol.

Soldato
The fact that so many people are saying "yeah there are glitches but they're not too bad", or "they'll be patched" makes me laugh.

It's really just inexcusable. They should have either:

a) Delayed the game
b) Hired more staff 12 months ago.

Obviously they did neither, because they wanted that sweet next gen release money, and these days people are content enough to put up with it.

We really are entering an age of consumer Stockholm syndrome. Companies treat consumers with contempt but they put up with it because they *want* the product to be as good as they think it is so badly they are blind to any flaws.

Soldato
EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX

Caporegime
just read this...wow, wasnt expecting them acknowledge it.

I think its so bad that it is impossible for them to ignore.

I tell what, I was laughing so much reading through the sub-editor for this game. Ita just become a long list of bug gifs/videos

We have:

-2d car models/traffic in plain sight
-Car models changing if you look away and then look back at them
-People walking through steel frames and disappearing into rubbish bins
-Player getting stuck inside a vending machine
-Crowd becoming a stream of clones that all look the same
-placeholder txt on billboards/adverts
-trains just disappearing into buildings

and much more.

It looks really bad..

Associate
Yeh, sounds like it unfortunately.

One to pick up in the bargain bins/a used physical copy from music magpie or something next year, when the next gen patch is out and all the bugs are fixed.

More than enough to play on Gamepass as it is, especially with new halo, Forza etc coming early next year.

Halo actually coming fall 2021....pretty much next Christmas.

Caporegime
I think its so bad that it is impossible for them to ignore.

I tell what, I was laughing so much reading through the sub-editor for this game. Ita just become a long list of bug gifs/videos

We have:

-2d car models/traffic in plain sight
-Car models changing if you look away and then look back at them
-People walking through steel frames and disappearing into rubbish bins
-Player getting stuck inside a vending machine
-Crowd becoming a stream of clones that all look the same
-placeholder txt on billboards/adverts
-trains just disappearing into buildings

and much more.

It looks really bad..

The game is just one big meme for bad development as things stand.

Cops immediately spawning behind the player when they're on a narrow ledge half way up a skyscraper is one of the best examples of the pseudo AI, the 2D car models point to a conscious design decision in order to fix the poor performance of their engine.

It looks to me like they spent 99% of the time designing the city and then had to make a game out of it in the space of only a couple of months.

Caporegime
OP
The game is just one big meme for bad development as things stand.

Cops immediately spawning behind the player when they're on a narrow ledge half way up a skyscraper is one of the best examples of the pseudo AI, the 2D car models point to a conscious design decision in order to fix the poor performance of their engine.

It looks to me like they spent 99% of the time designing the city and then had to make a game out of it in the space of only a couple of months.

The rumours go that it had quite a difficult development and they didn’t actually start on the game until 2017 I think it was, spent a long time in pre production

Back
Top Bottom