• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
check the pin alignment on the card. I purchased a 3070 Eagle yesterday and pins needed aligning correctly as they were bent
- use a small screwdriver
I am going to RMA it my dude...I am not jamming a screwdriver into a £750 graphics card, never have never will...The power connector is on the left side is also loose and the build quality sucks of this suck...The rest of the card is top drawer...

Associate
Yes, I'm playing it for my first time, and indeed it still has bugs. There are locations with holes in the ground that you can drop into with no way out. And you can still roll behind objects and get stuck too.

But hey, it's only 5 years old. I'm definitely absolutely positive that they are 100% still patching it. For sure.
i must be lucky since i played a few months ago and didnt come across a single bug that i remember

Associate
I'm going to post this on the 3070 owners forum (if there is one?) too, but I have a question for those who might be a little more technically minded than me...
I want the 3080 for VR, Reverb G1, I play DCS and am looking at FS2020 with misty eyes... I can't afford a 3090, and am on a 1080 so which isn't great, so is this the right card? I'm in the queue for an Eagle OC, and should be under 300 by tomorrow, (could be months tho) but as more 3070's are landing, would that be better? I have an i7 9700K @ 4.9ghz with 32GB ram...

Associate
I'm going to post this on the 3070 owners forum (if there is one?) too, but I have a question for those who might be a little more technically minded than me...
I want the 3080 for VR, Reverb G1, I play DCS and am looking at FS2020 with misty eyes... I can't afford a 3090, and am on a 1080 so which isn't great, so is this the right card? I'm in the queue for an Eagle OC, and should be under 300 by tomorrow, (could be months tho) but as more 3070's are landing, would that be better? I have an i7 9700K @ 4.9ghz with 32GB ram...
I am on the waiting list for a 3080 Eagle (about 200) but managed to bag a 3070 yesterday as a stop gap as was using a 980ti which was becoming painful. So far so good a big step up but now left wondering if I need a 3080

Associate
Why do you think you need the 3080? What res/fps are you using/wanting?

Resolution is key here, if 4K forget the 3070, simply doesn’t have enough VRAM going forward. 1440p/2k you’ll be fine depending on how many frames your G1 pushes. My 2080ti which is almost identical in performance to the 3070 will quite happily keep my Quest 2 running at 90hz in just under 4K for most games including Half-life Alyx so for sims you should be fine. MSFS2020 is more CPU and RAM limited and 3070 May struggle at anything over 1080 in VR mode.

My 2080ti is still a very capable 4K ultra card on most games especially silly with DLSS but that’s the benefit of having 11gb VRAM and after seeing cyberpunk destroy VRAM on the 3080 I’m glad I cancelled my 1400 queue place to hold off for the 3080ti as 10gb just seems to little already.

Associate
Resolution is key here, if 4K forget the 3070, simply doesn’t have enough VRAM going forward. 1440p/2k you’ll be fine depending on how many frames your G1 pushes. My 2080ti which is almost identical in performance to the 3070 will quite happily keep my Quest 2 running at 90hz in just under 4K for most games including Half-life Alyx so for sims you should be fine. MSFS2020 is more CPU and RAM limited and 3070 May struggle at anything over 1080 in VR mode.

My 2080ti is still a very capable 4K ultra card on most games especially silly with DLSS but that’s the benefit of having 11gb VRAM and after seeing cyberpunk destroy VRAM on the 3080 I’m glad I cancelled my 1400 queue place to hold off for the 3080ti as 10gb just seems to little already.
The Reverb runs at approx 4k, and native is 90fps, so looks like the 3070 is a no go if I want a couple of years from it. Thanks for your input. What's the GB ram on the ti? Confirmed or rumoured? (sorry, been away for a month so haven't kept up)

Associate
Where do we get the free game that was supposed to come with the 3080? I received my Gigabyte OC Gaming today and didn't find anything related to the free game

The original ‘Watch Dogs’ offer was both time and volume limited, both of which have expired, but OCUK may still be able to help if you email them to ask if there are any codes left...

Associate
any MSI 3080 update?

Not mentioned in the recent update thread so I'm guessing the other 30 that were expected will be after Christmas now. Maybe even into the new year who knows with postage delays and holiday periods etc. Assuming you mean the Trio's? Ventus has been mentioned lots within the last few pages..

Associate
Not mentioned in the recent update thread so I'm guessing the other 30 that were expected will be after Christmas now. Maybe even into the new year who knows with postage delays and holiday periods etc. Assuming you mean the Trio's? Ventus has been mentioned lots within the last few pages..

yeah dude! it's been 3 months and 1 day.

Associate
yeah dude! it's been 3 months and 1 day.

I know, it's disappointing. But I cba spending my life on my phone to grab one that pops up from somewhere else now tbh. I'm in the queue for the same card and just gonna hang tight. Should be in position 19 after the last 20 that arrived so hopefully the rest of that shipment isn't too far away. Could be worse, still with the majority around the world that are yet to be blessed with a new GPU haha...

Associate
Not a the point of doing it yet, but does anyone know how long it takes for refund after cancelling order? As if it won’t be here before 3080ti launch I would like to cancel In time and pay the diff for the upgrade.

Associate
Hey guys im having a dilemma that's annoying me.

I, just like many other people are in the queue for the 3080 Asus strix OC. Im currently at a 3440 x 1440p resolution and I wanna play games like cyberpunk 2077 maxed out with ray tracing. im in queue pos 155 and with how long its taking, do you guys think I should cancel my order and just buy the 3080TI or do you think the 3080 is capable to meet my demands?

Associate
Hey guys im having a dilemma that's annoying me.

I, just like many other people are in the queue for the 3080 Asus strix OC. Im currently at a 3440 x 1440p resolution and I wanna play games like cyberpunk 2077 maxed out with ray tracing. im in queue pos 155 and with how long its taking, do you guys think I should cancel my order and just buy the 3080TI or do you think the 3080 is capable to meet my demands?

Honestly think the Ti would make very little difference and I cannot see the launch of that card being any less disappointing if it comes out within the next few months. The difference between 3080 and 3090 is small and it will have to fit between. They really shouldn't be launching another card when they've supplied such a pathetic amount of regular 3080's in regard to the demand in 3 months. A lot of people missed out on this launch and might be a fair bit demand for that card still so you could be waiting even longer haha...

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly think the Ti would make very little difference and I cannot see the launch of that card being any less disappointing if it comes out within the next few months. They really shouldn't be launching another card when they've supplied such a laughable amount of regular 3080's in regard to the demand. A lot of people missed out on this launch and might be still a fair bit demand for that card so you could be waiting even longer haha...

but with the increase in VRAM, would that not increase performance? FPS wise?

Associate
but with the increase in VRAM, would that not increase performance? FPS wise?

Well probably yea but look at the difference between a 3080 vs 3090 with 24G VRAM in benchmarks at 1440p..... It will slot somewhere in between there. You tell me if its really worth it haha. IMO I don't think so, it will be tiny. The Ti does not seem like it will be as good a card as the 1000 or 2000 series Ti's with the 3090 there in terms of the performance gap between the lower tier cards. There's not enough headroom for it to be....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom