*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

ne0

ne0

Associate
You're right of course, but with so many other people complaining of crashes, plus the fact it's gotten worse with 1.04 and 1.05 I assumed it wasn't that. Besides, no overclocks here ;)

ah ok sorry I misunderstood your post; thought you were overclocking!

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'm absolutely loving the guns in this game, they look the nuts and feel really meaty to fire. Love the way power shotguns send people flying, it's the nuts!

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving the guns in this game, they look the nuts and feel really meaty to fire. Love the way power shotguns send people flying, it's the nuts!

Is really cool how they've implement the need for a certain strength level in order to properly used some of the weapons, but they don't stop you from using them. A shotgun like Carnage will leave the impression that is about the go flying from you hands due to the big recoil upon shooting it or the Burya handgun which looks like some small person will shoot a 44 Magnum or something. :D

Soldato
Just hit 100hrs in and finished off 99% of the Yellow side missions, still got lots of the Blue NCPD missions to go and reached the point where you talk to Hanako Arasaka alone, which then keeps you in the main mission until it ends and only then can you return to side missions etc, so my guess of 150-ish hours for £50 wasn't far off.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just hit 100hrs in and finished off 99% of the Yellow side missions, still got lots of the Blue NCPD missions to go and reached the point where you talk to Hanako Arasaka alone, which then keeps you in the main mission until it ends and only then can you return to side missions etc, so my guess of 150-ish hours for £50 wasn't far off.
Nice. Seems I have a lot more to do yet then. Would be happy to get to 70hours (on 40 at the moment).

Soldato
Been playing since it came out, I’m on level 19. Haven’t had a crash yet, and the only game breaking glitch was when a car died next to a wall and I couldn’t open the door to get out. :D

Soldato
the Burya handgun which looks like some small person will shoot a 44 Magnum or something. :D

Aim down the sights of that and you'll find it actually fires at whatever is in the iron sights not the holographic circle. Annoyed me until I realised it was accurate (enough) but not where it seemed to be.

Soldato
This may be a "sucking your granny to teach eggs moment" :D

When
you craft items is very important - for example, I crafted the Epic Armadillo armour shown on the left when I was around Technical Ability Level 12 - The epic Armadillo Mod on the right was crafted when I was Level 18 and there is 40hp difference.

So for me that 40hp difference per mod from re-crafting from Level 12 to 18 adds 160 extra health per 4 mod item, 120 to each 3 mod item etc, so if I have max'd out my mod slot numbers per item then I get 20 slots of armour (all clothes slots combined) X 40 points per slot (will be more as I level up further) = 800 extra armour just from re-crafting my armour mods, and if I do it again at level 20 I'll get another boost.

Edit - I didn't add any new Armadillo after this screen shot as I needed to click on the Character tab to find out what the Tech Ability thing was called and when I went back both sides of the Armadillo now said the same - 202hp - yet I still added all 3 new Armadillo mods anyway and the armour figure jumped 120hp so there is something a little buggy going on with the display of the "currently fitted" mod values.

vKwQZtp.jpg

Associate
Yeah you can overwrite existing mod slots by either removing old ones with middle mouse button (pressing in scroll wheel for me, which is not very obvious at all), and for those mods that are locked and cannot unslot which is true of certain items/combos, you can still over write them.

Where did you get the epic armour mod, I'm 18 in tech and only have the common one, but at my level even that is about 100 armour per mod and legendary clothes can have a lot of slots! So yeah it makes you a tank.

Man of Honour
Aim down the sights of that and you'll find it actually fires at whatever is in the iron sights not the holographic circle. Annoyed me until I realised it was accurate (enough) but not where it seemed to be.

Think a lot of weapons have quirks like that - I was having some oddities with precision rifles in some cases until I realised they were consistent but not where the aim point supposedly was with some sights.

Soldato
Where did you get the epic armour mod, I'm 18 in tech and only have the common one

If you can craft the common one make sure you have the follow Perks added to the Tech Ability "crafting" tree -

Efficient Upgrade - it has a 10% chance of upgrading your crafted item - This is what allows a common Armadillo to be upgraded at random during crafting. However it's advisable to also get - True Craftsman (Craft Rare) & Grease Monkey (craft Epic) as well to get a Rare/Epic upgrade whilst crafting. So if you craft a common Armadillo say 30-40 times you'll get a range of Epic, Rare, Uncommon and Common Armadillos.

I also run Ex Nihilo (20% chance of a free crafting) and bunch of other Stuff, my crafting Tech tree is virtually all filled in. It does kind of break the game a little TBF being able to craft upgraded items for "free" as you can then disassemble the upgraded items so one common Armadillo costs say 6 common and 4 uncommon but it could get you 1 epic which can be disassembled for 4 common, 6 uncommon, 4 rare, 6 rare upgrades, 3 epic, 1 epic upgrades - so you can see if you crafted 200 common, you'll get a whole heap of stuff extra during disassembly - like I said, it's a bit game breaking so I rarely use it like that and prefer to play the game as meant, using Gun/Clothes stores, disassembling captured enemy weapons/clothes etc.

Think a lot of weapons have quirks like that - I was having some oddities with precision rifles in some cases until I realised they were consistent but not where the aim point supposedly was with some sights.

In the Gameplay settings, if you select Weapons Sway to "With Camera" rather than "With Weapon" it keeps the gun sights always in the centre of the screen, where as with Sway with Weapon the gun sights wander all over the place giving you multiple "sights/crosshairs" to look at (players POV crosshair, gun crosshair all point at different places etc).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I believe it is!

I have been exploring on foot lately and finding some cool little epic and legendary loot tucked inside makeshift serial killer hideouts with caged bodies,a roofteop where Trauma Team ship crash landed and a gang were looting them before I stepped in and other stuff. I've now been given 2 new cars and also used a loophole to drop my 1k+ DPS crit monster katana on the ground to pick up during a fist fight contest then thrashed the spit out of the guy to win his car :D

Absolutely love this aspect of the game. It's fun, and even though the method is similar throughout, keeps things varied as even on normal the police and many netrunners/enemies are pretty damn lethal even with full armour so no time to doddle about. I'm mostly going for skillshots now with kills (silenced Revolver with over 100% crit damage/chance and other attributes).

Doing Max Payne style slow motion skids whilst shooting is quite fun too.

I now have the Quadra R which IMO is the best handling car for mouse/keyboard for sports driving. Sounds amazing too. not got the 911 yet though.

Quadra-R.gif

And of course hyper bikes which are so cool in first person view :cool:

BkingFast.gif

Associate
I love the game but my god do I hate the main story and some of the characters, the voice actor for male V is pretty bad as well, started a new game with female V which has helped.

Jonny Silverhand is basically a poor man's Tyler Durden

Man of Honour
Absolutely love this aspect of the game.

It is frustrating - there are aspects of the game that pull me in far more than I thought back along when I was posting before launch but so many areas of the game are obviously at the stage where you develop something to so it is functional and you can work on other parts that interact with it and that is about it, some hurried paint slapped on top to hide the edges to get it out the door. This game should have been so much more.

Same with the combat actually - as you get further into the game and have some upgrades, etc. to flesh it out some of it starts coming together and loses some of the clunkiness - but it is completely lacking end to end development and again could have been so much more.

Soldato
What's the verdict with this just now? Have they released any patches for PC yet? Is it worth picking up or best to wait?

I've got the next 3 weeks off which will include some decent game time and thinking of buying if it's playable.

Man of Honour
What's the verdict with this just now? Have they released any patches for PC yet? Is it worth picking up or best to wait?

I've got the next 3 weeks off which will include some decent game time and thinking of buying if it's playable.

I have very mixed feelings - it feels very much like a beta in many respects and bugs and glitches seem incredibly random being little more than minor irritations for some and show stopping for others.

If you bought into the CDPR hype you will likely feel very let down and some aspects of the game are laughable such as the crafting implementation.

On the other hand coming with no expectations I've found myself more pulled into the game than I expected though my enjoyment is offset by a **** poor control implementation that I had to do a fair bit of fiddling with config files and other tweaks to get a half acceptable setup from.

In many respects it feels like GTA3 but with better graphics and some of the clunkiness removed but still has a less than ideal level of clunkiness.

Question is how much effort will go into making it the game it should have been - it would be a vastly better experience with a few tweaks never mind things like sorting the NPC AI situation - which are generally a let down but not show stopping.

I've put 20+ hours into the game and likely will put another 20+ in so make of that what you will but it is a pale imitation of the game it tries to be.

Soldato

It's impossible to say since the difference between PC's are so wide spread. I have played around 135+ hours and had two crashes, one I think was because I was scanning more or less constantly while running at the beginning, the other one a random one when I was shooting someone. None of them any major crashes, just reload and continue. So far no major quest breaking bugs, but heard others have had. I had a quest complete but the 'benefit' from said quest glitched out for me, which is nothing major since it would just given me some discounted prices from an NCP. So for me personally I have got my money worth from the game, then again I have not completed it yet, only 20% down of the main quest line.

The devs are on holiday break so unless something unexpected happens there wont be any more patches until January, when a major one is suppose to come with a second one in February. That's from what I gathered in this thread and over at CDPR's forums. As Rroff said, if you not have any major expectations from the game it might grip you enough to enjoy it even with some funny bugs here and there. I have enjoyed the game massively and have two days off now so probably be doing another 2 10 hours days in game, or thereabouts ! In the end it is your money and your decision.

Ohh and another thing, if you used to have the E as your main action key, then you have to manual set it because for some reason it is hard coded to F but there is plenty of information about that, both on reddit and nexus.

Edit: ops, I see you already decided while I was replying ! :p

Back
Top Bottom