*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
Ok maybe not "bashing" but finding a flaw with every possible game mechanic or whatever yet still playing away... :D

Wish other games that had so many flaws like this one would keep me pouring hours into them :p

Puzzles me how people say this game feels empty though, aside from assassins creed unity, this is the most immersive game world I've played, only other games that would beat it imo is rdr 2 and GTA 5.

Helps that the graphics and design are great though, every corner I go, I have to stop and just admire the sheer beauty of the world.

- really interesting quests that will be more memorable than Baron quest from TW3
Entirely subjective.

I have yet to find a quest that compares to 15 minutes of waffling that then had me looking for a cooking pot... :o :D :p ;)

Associate

You are right, there was one quest initiated by listening, next door neighbour.
Related to Baron quest, it is not subjective, I'm talking about CDPR mentioning multiple times that team responsible for that quest that so many addored will work on quests here also and to expect even better from them, and that they (CDPR) are amaized when they saw what they did with quests in CP.
I'm glad you find them deeply engaging and attached to characters, besides Jackie I'm really having troubles attached to any of them, find them really shallow and not convincing. Like from a B rated movies. Will see if I change my mind as game progress more.
Like I said earlier something simple as Prisilla song from TW3 can move me so much, it's like half the game is in that one song , but here I'm really struggling

Soldato
It's just a small hot fix but one important thing though. The save file size limit has been removed.

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Source: CDPR Forum

Associate
Yeah the way your decisions largely have no impact is annoying and pulls me out the game - there are several points where you can do things like not take an item (assuming it even gives you that option) but later in the game just assume you took it anyway, etc.

The problem is that it's not obvious the different paths and outcomes based on one playthrough unless you've re-played the same area over and over again. I was sort of forced into doing this for the act 1 missions surrounding the flathead bot retreval and can say that choices have a profound impact on gameplay, specifically that:

Maelstrong flathead spoiler:
If you manage to **** off the Maelstrom they'll attack you and you'll enter combat for the rest of the mission. If you side with Militech and remove the virus from the data shard they will see that as a betrayal and attack the facility instead, and you'll find along the Maelstrom right and man (Dum Dum) in your escape from the factory. Whether or not the new leader of the Maelstrom lives or dies in your encounter with him depends on whether or not he appears as a giant mech at the end of the level as a boss, or not.

The Heist Spoiler:
The same is later said for The Heist mission, if you successfully stealth it then you skip the boss in the lobby and instead he crashes through the side of the building as you make your escape with Delemain, which sends your taxi into a tailspin and alters the cutscene.

Delemain last? mission:
You can choose several options with what to do with the Delemain AI fragments which alter the outcome of the game, specifically what NPC AI is left in control of the taxi that you're gifted at the end of the mission.

There's countless differences in the game, OK sure they don't alter the major plot significantly because if they did then it would take 10x longer to make the games considering every single decision you make. They have to limit the reach of decisions so they don't end up with 128 different endings. But inside of specific missions and side missions there's a lot of variance in the outcome. It's just really hard to notice unless you play the same mission multiple times and select different outcomes, which most people don't do in their first play through.

Associate
The problem is that it's not obvious the different paths and outcomes based on one playthrough unless you've re-played the same area over and over again. I was sort of forced into doing this for the act 1 missions surrounding the flathead bot retreval and can say that choices have a profound impact on gameplay, specifically that:

The question is, will those choices impact anything besides how that quest ends? No need to change Major quest line or anything that big. But will it change for example relationships with them in the future, will my betrayal cut me out of some quests, will they "put bounty on my head" and becoming hostile with them.

Associate
The thing is - there is the core of a good game there - but it is like a very early beta version and much of the stuff talked up is a pale imitation of what it is supposed to be. For instance almost nothing you do has any real meaning because only one of the many different paths has actually been implemented but you can see where the other paths were supposed to be LOL.

Exactly my impression of the game.
So many different things that were selling points of the game are missing or poorly implemented.

Associate
can someone correct me if im wrong...

just started a new game as a street kid.....as ive finished it with my nomad character

When i played before when you're in your inventory, you wasn't able to select a weapon and assign it to a slot, however i can do this now.....is this a patch 1.06 thing....or did i have a bug i didnt know about???

TjKtCgD.jpg

Soldato
It's pretty much evident throughout that the game is indeed at an 80% release ready state. The final 20% is just bolting on those botchy AI bits and refining the Q&A outcome scenarios. All of these things can be added in patches but it's something that should be there out the box so the CDPR execs all forcing the pre-end of year release seems to be the end result here.

Yeap, it feels like it needed another 1-2 years to really fill out the framework they have currently but I'm guessing the investors wanted something sooner for their own bottom lines, so the company exec's caved and released a product they knew would be unready but felt forced into doing so over the finances.

It'll be interesting to see what the game is like in 2 years if the company is able/allowed to get regular updates out for it, to fill in the current framework.

Soldato
can someone correct me if im wrong...

just started a new game as a street kid.....as ive finished it with my nomad character

When i played before when you're in your inventory, you wasn't able to select a weapon and assign it to a slot, however i can do this now.....is this a patch 1.06 thing....or did i have a bug i didnt know about???

You could do that in 1.04 so it's not just been introduced in the latest 1.05.

Man of Honour
It better not have messed up my key binds again.

Seems the main fix is the save game filesize limit.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to have reset my binds yet... still might find some later it has changed though :s performance seems to be slightly improved with this patch for me - not hugely but 2-3% increase in several areas I've been to regularly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've never been able to do it.....and ive been playing it since release day....

Strange....put it down to another bug

There is some oddness with stuff like that - sometimes after awhile I will get "action blocked" messages to half of what I'm trying to do in the inventory but saving and reloading will result in it working fine again. Seems to happen mostly after a part of the game which restricts what you can do where for some reason it resets to full functionality at the end of that section but 2-3 minutes later the status kicks back in again and won't reset until you either restart the game or enter and exit another area with restrictions again.

If I start a new game I don't see anything anywhere about being able to deconstruct items, not even the press X text at the bottom right - it seems to randomly appear at some point 1-2 hours into playing but doesn't seem to be triggered by anything specific (it will also randomly dissapear and reappear while playing for no rhyme or reason I can see - though most commonly happens after I browser to a section of the backpack where it doesn't appear normally).

Man of Honour
Ooh psycho performance is quite a bit increased with this patch for me - one of the spots I was using as a reference before was 28 FPS average without DLSS before - now 33. Or 55 FPS with DLSS on quality.

Random screenshot:

Wwkyqtw.png

Soldato
I've put in a decent amount of time on this now and it's a fun game but it's also quite a shallow game with very inconsistent quality levels. The opening 20-30 minutes is really impressive. Most of the characters you meet are beautifully designed and are genuinely interesting, the animations are pretty good and the story gets off to a strong start. However, as the open world aspect of it opens up a bit I really started to notice a major dip in the quality of character design and interaction. I get that they can't spend as much time on NPCs as they do on main/side quest characters, but the difference between the main characters you meet and the NPCs occupying the world is really jarring and breaks the immersion. A lot of the time I'd approach an NPC to see if they were someone I could interact with and they'd utter a single word or sentence, often without their mouths even moving or the character turning to look at me, then resume whatever it was they were doing, which frequently wasn't very much at all. NPCs just undertake the same task ad infinitum, whether it's lifting weights, walking around, sitting on a bench, etc, there's never really a sense that any of the NPCs live a proper life within the game. I get some people probably don't care about this, but I do.

Also, the game is a buggy mess at the moment. I've had countless glitches, either in terms of graphical glitches or animation errors. In one quest V's hands and arms got stuck extended out in front of him, wrists bent as if broken, and this carried on through several cutscenes until I got to the next combat bit. Other times I've had NPCs clip through floors and walls, cars sink through the floor or suddenly become hover cars, cigarettes and phones randomly hovering in the air away from the character who is supposed to be using them, people were floating in mid-air in one mission, etc. None of it is game breaking, but along with the lack of world depth and inconsistent graphics it all points to a game that was rushed, despite it being delayed on several occasions. My other major gripe is that the AI is moronic and doesn't really produce much of a challenge at any point in the game. Even the boss fights were a lot easier than I was expecting them to be.

Back
Top Bottom