*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I've put in a decent amount of time on this now and it's a fun game but it's also quite a shallow game with very inconsistent quality levels. The opening 20-30 minutes is really impressive. Most of the characters you meet are beautifully designed and are genuinely interesting, the animations are pretty good and the story gets off to a strong start. However, as the open world aspect of it opens up a bit I really started to notice a major dip in the quality of character design and interaction. I get that they can't spend as much time on NPCs as they do on main/side quest characters, but the difference between the main characters you meet and the NPCs occupying the world is really jarring and breaks the immersion. A lot of the time I'd approach an NPC to see if they were someone I could interact with and they'd utter a single word or sentence, often without their mouths even moving or the character turning to look at me, then resume whatever it was they were doing, which frequently wasn't very much at all. NPCs just undertake the same task ad infinitum, whether it's lifting weights, walking around, sitting on a bench, etc, there's never really a sense that any of the NPCs live a proper life within the game. I get some people probably don't care about this, but I do.

Also, the game is a buggy mess at the moment. I've had countless glitches, either in terms of graphical glitches or animation errors. In one quest V's hands and arms got stuck extended out in front of him, wrists bent as if broken, and this carried on through several cutscenes until I got to the next combat bit. Other times I've had NPCs clip through floors and walls, cars sink through the floor or suddenly become hover cars, cigarettes and phones randomly hovering in the air away from the character who is supposed to be using them, people were floating in mid-air in one mission, etc. None of it is game breaking, but along with the lack of world depth and inconsistent graphics it all points to a game that was rushed, despite it being delayed on several occasions. My other major gripe is that the AI is moronic and doesn't really produce much of a challenge at any point in the game. Even the boss fights were a lot easier than I was expecting them to be.

the difficulty is my main gripe, what do you do play without quickhacks? but then the gameplay is so boring but with them its so braindead easy, even guns only its just a bullet sponge fest and then spam heals which doesnt matter since i constantly have millions of them, theres absoutley 0 challenge i dont even try stealth anymore I just unga bunga into every mission since I know im not gna die, also wtf are the point of consumables, they are so trash

Soldato
I've got to a main mission where it says do I want to continue, I haven't continued as I want to do all the side quests first. However I haven't done any gigs yet and want to go back and do these after the main story is complete, is this possible or once you have finished the final mission the game is then locked and done?

Man of Honour
the difficulty is my main gripe, what do you do play without quickhacks? but then the gameplay is so boring but with them its so braindead easy, even guns only its just a bullet sponge fest and then spam heals which doesnt matter since i constantly have millions of them, theres absoutley 0 challenge i dont even try stealth anymore I just unga bunga into every mission since I know im not gna die, also wtf are the point of consumables, they are so trash

Not sure if there is any indication of enemy levels but it is a bit weird - 80% of the game the enemy are really easy but some are much higher level than me - though only a problem if they have decent health regen as otherwise I can kill them fairly quickly with headshots, etc. and dodging their damage.

Most of the enemy are quite slow reacting so if you go all out damage glass cannon kind of build you can often clear a room dodging in and out of combat fairly quickly without having to worry about health - 1-2 fights aside where there is no cover.

I rarely even bother with the hacking, etc. side at all.

Associate
I'm still going to wait for a couple more months before I even give it a try again. It's a shame I feel I have to, 1 thing I've learnt is, I'm never going to Pre-Order games again!

The initial hype was ok but when it went into overdrive that was it for me steer well clear. I will get the game at some point in the future but only when it has been polished

Associate
Anyone knows what happened with trans gender body types in game. Few months back there was image showing ray tracing in game and there was a on poster on the wall with trans body on it (mixit up advertisement).
Are these kind of things still in the game or removed from final version? I'm yet to find any NPC body type in game different from usual male/female.
Speaking about this
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/1...77-trans-advertisement-cd-projekt-red-e3-2019

Caporegime
I fought a trans last night, was a side mission.

This game really is something special, just the way they have basically made it feel like fifth element, blade runner and dredd all in one, literally every corner you take. Can't wait to play in HDR, this is why OLED and its self emissive pixels is superb as even in SDR, you still get true blacks etc. so it's almost like HDR "lite" mode:

M9RDhuyl.jpg

8vCb3DSl.jpg

bCgXeozl.jpg

cbFTJudl.jpg

oF69jmjl.jpg

6fmJiwJl.jpg

65tjZOvl.jpg

bHyObJal.jpg

Also love some of the shard stories :D

wH44kqxl.jpg

Associate
I've got to a main mission where it says do I want to continue, I haven't continued as I want to do all the side quests first. However I haven't done any gigs yet and want to go back and do these after the main story is complete, is this possible or once you have finished the final mission the game is then locked and done?
When you complete main story it brings you back to the spot where it says "do you want to continue" so you can still complete stuff like main mission hasn't happened.

Man of Honour
This game really is something special, just the way they have basically made it feel like fifth element, blade runner and dredd all in one, literally every corner you take. Can't wait to play in HDR, this is why OLED and its self emissive pixels is superb as even in SDR, you still get true blacks etc. so it's almost like HDR "lite" mode:

Yeah it really needs proper HDR - though SDR on my Philips 436M6 (Quantum Dot) looks really close to HDR. Sometimes it really nails that Blade Runner, etc. aesthetic.

uprR6uU.png

ePJAxGm.png

Soldato
I mean the game looks amazing thats for sure, but visuals alone are not enough to make a game good unfortunately
Untrue. Cyberpunk will go down in history as a graphical masterpiece, even if the gameplay isnt up to much.

Games with next gen visuals and sound but not great gampleplay go back to the 80s, probably before. Shadow of the beast is the one I can remember from 1989.
The music and graphics in that game were mind blowing for the 1989. The actual game was dog**** :D

However it laid foundation for other games with improved gameplay that has the visuals and audio to match

The intro is basked into my brain from being a young child

Associate
Untrue. Cyberpunk will go down in history as a graphical masterpiece, even if the gameplay isnt up to much.

Games with next gen visuals and sound but not great gampleplay go back to the 80s, probably before. Shadow of the beast is the one I can remember from 1989.
The music and graphics in that game were mind blowing for the 1989. The actual game was dog**** :D

However it laid foundation for other games with improved gameplay that has the visuals and audio to match

The intro is basked into my brain from being a young child

Still doesn't make it a good game and thats final

Soldato
I'm enjoying the game but find the combat a bit clunky if that even makes any sense. As for the perks, far too many it's a total mind ****.

Just concentrate on leveling up the perks you enjoy doing the most, crafting/netrunning/assault rifles/blades etc, you don't earn enough points to warrant trying to figure out which ones out of all of them to upgrade.

Soldato
Still doesn't make it a good game and thats final
That's your opinion and also 'Good' is hard to define.
I know people will 'play' (use) a game as a benchmark for years to come and compare future games to it.

Personally I just like driving/walking around admising different part of the city now i've got the initial few missions out the way. It's 'Good' to me because it looks fantastic and has lots of things to explore. I don't care about shooting tyres or NPCs being stupid - It's more of an interactive 3d mark exploration game to me

Soldato
So what's the take then, this a Witcher 3 beater for people?

I think in the next couple of months by the time the bugs are nearly gone and it runs a little better, and after we've seen all the expansions I think this could well top the Witcher 3 for me, which is in my top 3 games of my 30+ year gaming career.

Man of Honour
So what's the take then, this a Witcher 3 beater for people?

Not for me no. With some more patches over the next 12 months it can become a very good game but even with the patches its not going to jump above Witcher 3 for me and its certainly not going to be in my top 3 games of all time (there are simply WAY too many legendary games in the last 40 years for that) , I doubt very much that I will even put it into my top 10 of all time.

EDIT : I should add that Witcher 3 itself isnt in my top 3 games of all time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom