• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
I suspect Nvidia makes just enough to say the cards start at that price and not upset the AIBs too much.
Seems rational, but a shame nonetheless...

Why would GDDR6 be much worse than 2018-2019? I think they are probably struggling to produce enough GPU dies (maybe poor yields is a factor).

More info about poor yields on Samsung 8nm / Ampere dies here:
https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...nd-3090-shortages-likely-to-persist-into-2021

I could understand why production might be limited on GDDR6X though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm unbanned now - stock situation seems to gradually be improving.

More news about the RTX 3080 TI, looks like it is likely coming in February 2021 or later. And might be called the 'Super' instead.

also, the RTX 3060 3/6GB is coming around the same time. Nothing about an RTX 3070 TI, maybe there won't be one. It could be that Nvidia is worried they won't sell enough RTX 3080's if they sell something that's nearly as good.

Link here:
https://www.igorslab.de/en/die-gefo...die-gtx-1060-3gb-bekommt-eine-nachfolgerin-2/

I wonder if the resizeable bar VRAM feature will be supported on an old Haswell motherboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I still have no clue if the Asus 3070 TUF non-OC even exists. Support gave me a vague answer weeks ago about how it is "still available to order". Not one single update has even mentioned the card and I've not heard of anyone who actually has one anywhere in the world. Really at the limit of my patience now. I really need Asus or OCUK to tell me if this card is real. Even if it's to say "you will get it in march". JFC.

Soldato
I still have no clue if the Asus 3070 TUF non-OC even exists. Support gave me a vague answer weeks ago about how it is "still available to order". Not one single update has even mentioned the card and I've not heard of anyone who actually has one anywhere in the world. Really at the limit of my patience now. I really need Asus or OCUK to tell me if this card is real. Even if it's to say "you will get it in march". JFC.

You mean this one?

Associate
I have been very fortunate and managed to snag a 3060ti founders edition. I follow a group on discord that constantly show stock updates. If I am allowed, I will share it on this thread.

Associate
is there a way i can add my name to a list or pre order? being away from the computer/work etc its very difficult to jump on and do anything when stock comes in. I dont mind ordering/paying and waiting.

Associate
does anyone know if there is something up with the PNY variant of the cards? because the queue positions for the PNY 3070s from that brand haven't moved in six weeks? or are OCUK just putting what little they get into pre-built desktops?

Soldato
is there a way i can add my name to a list or pre order? being away from the computer/work etc its very difficult to jump on and do anything when stock comes in. I dont mind ordering/paying and waiting.

Nope! Only way you're getting a card is by being sat waiting for alerts and being one of the lucky people to click through in the first few seconds. There was a drop of 3080s an hour ago the disappeared in minutes.

Caporegime
Nope! Only way you're getting a card is by being sat waiting for alerts and being one of the lucky people to click through in the first few seconds. There was a drop of 3080s an hour ago the disappeared in minutes.
And even then you're not getting anywhere close to RRP, more like +50% up to RRP +100%.

Tis the season for scalping, enjoy. Everybody's at it.

Associate
managed to bag myself a gigabyte 3090 vision white model elsewhere after what has seemed like an eternity waiting for cards to come into stock i got a notification email done the purchase and received my despatch email about 2 hours later how it should be when ordering

Associate
Glad to finally see some good news from Gibbo's thread. Looks like my 3070 TUF non-OC will be upgraded to an OC edition for free sometime after Jan 10th. I'll be delighted if they pull through on that promise. :)

Soldato
More news about the RTX 3080 TI, looks like it is likely coming in February 2021 or later. And might be called the 'Super' instead.

also, the RTX 3060 3/6GB is coming around the same time. Nothing about an RTX 3070 TI, maybe there won't be one. It could be that Nvidia is worried they won't sell enough RTX 3080's if they sell something that's nearly as good.

Link here:
https://www.igorslab.de/en/die-gefo...die-gtx-1060-3gb-bekommt-eine-nachfolgerin-2/

I wonder if the resizeable bar VRAM feature will be supported on an old Haswell motherboard?

3GB 3060? :p

Soldato
So when are we going to see shipments start to improve? I'm still 690 in the queue. And with the rate of 300 shipped (of my card) in 4 months it could still take 8 months to arrive! :eek:

If the card isn't here by end of March it might be time to cancel as the rumour mill of what comes next will have started up.

I can see it's much easier to buy a 3090 than a 3080 atm. I image they are producing those as they give them the highest margins.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh god I saw RTX 3080 Suprim X notification mins ago at 11.54AM and it had 10 in stock just nearly a day after joined brand new channel on discord.

My body shaken and my heart pounding very fast.

I frantically auto signed in and added item to cart, frantically clicked some buttons and checked out with paypal and completed purchase.

Then I collapsed into my chair and near passed out.

I take a deep breath now, checked email said order placed successfully.

PHEW What a day today!!!

Just checked that 3080 Suprim X is now out of stock after 10 sold.

Associate
Better off using a discord to try and snag a 3080 when they go in stock rather than waiting in a queue.

I gave up when the 3080 launched and there was thousands in the queues so cancelled my 14:45 day one order late October. Set up discord stock checkers last week and snagged a 3080 FE yesterday. Just got to have everything logged in, delivery address ready etc and you'll get one.

Back
Top Bottom