Road Cycling

Soldato
I've been riding an Antares R1 Versus Pro Evo for 2 years now.
It's like 90% fine. Much better for me than Arione which I ran for 3 seasons on all my bikes.

What angle do you run it at? Front nose pretty much level for me works out negative 1deg if I sit a flat surface over length of entire saddle. Seems fine, but some people seem to run it very slightly nose up so it's less negative overall.

Soldato
What angle do you run it at? Front nose pretty much level for me works out negative 1deg if I sit a flat surface over length of entire saddle. Seems fine, but some people seem to run it very slightly nose up so it's less negative overall.

I run mine with the slightest of nose down but it is minimal amounts. I run it as far forward as possible. Would need to measure exact reach it puts me at. Don't think my position should be much to base anything else on. I sit far forward as possible so that I am as above BB as possible and I run a 120mm stem with bars slammed as much as possible. Don't think it will be comparative to most!! imagine in spoiler

onol1Ke.jpg

Soldato
I run mine with the slightest of nose down but it is minimal amounts. I run it as far forward as possible. Would need to measure exact reach it puts me at. Don't think my position should be much to base anything else on. I sit far forward as possible so that I am as above BB as possible and I run a 120mm stem with bars slammed as much as possible. Don't think it will be comparative to most!!

Will try drop the nose a fraction and see how it is. On a positive note, I've found the reason for my saddle sore issue. A saddle too narrow, and slight right side bias combined with a slightly smaller right foot. If I sit on a trainer under load you can see it just about and centre line of bibs is off at rear. Debating how to fix. Cleat a fraction forward on right side or possibly 1mm shim right side.

Soldato
Are the bars set to a fixed angle? What factory options are there for different drop/reach?

8 Degrees adjustment from horizontal upwards. Haven't actually tweaked that yet.

As far as I know it's only bar width you can change - drop and reach are the same on all widths.

You can run a normal bar and stem on it as it is still a 1 1/8" steerer, loads of people running Farsports one piece setups.

Hahahaha internal cabling is definitely a do once job and hope to never do it again!

The frame side of thing is usually not too bad, the system six has a full tube inside of the main headtube that the steerer tube sits within. The gear cables I've got running either side of that tube but still within the main frame. I feel it works and doesn't get in the way of the steering anymore than the brake hoses do.

This is it the way Cannondale ship it.

Soldato
Looks awesome when done. Doesn't sound too bad, find frames are a lot better now, even the Canyons with the internal hydraulic discs weren't too awful putting in the new hose when I got it and that is one of the fiddlier jobs going down the chain stay. Only issue with all these things you learn is you do them so irregularly that when you come to do it next time, you'll have forgotten everything you learnt!

Soldato
Aye every bike is slightly different. I thought at first the downturn plate was a cable stop but the bike uses full outers all the way through.

Shimano front mechs have a built in boss on the back but Cannondale have moulded on a hard stop for a ferrule on the inside of the frame. Took the cranks off to make sure that was seated properly.

Soldato
With the quality of lights and batteries these days its rare I don't ride with a rear light on any time of day or year now.

I have a slug of dark winter gear though as otherwise it just gets ruined with most of my riding now Gravelly and no mudguards but figure if you can't see my lights you won't be seeing me.
Same as me really. It's just so easy with the TraceR as the battery life is so good you can get away with charging it once a week (or two) when evening running daytime. Have to say though I'm on my 4th rear mount for it, they do seem to degrade under UV so eventually snap. The front one is 3 years old and still going strong but the prongs that clip there are quite a bit thicker.

Dark winter kit is one of those things, the whole cycling industry seems to love dark kit. Gilets are superb for adding brightness/reflectivity, so I find it easy to wear a thin one for just visibility this time of year.

saddles, thats something ive never really looked into... my saddle is the one my bike came with with a gel thing on top

sure there must be comfier optiuons
Obviously, name your budget and then double it! ;)

I've been riding an Antares R1 Versus Pro Evo for 2 years now.
It's like 90% fine. Much better for me than Arione which I ran for 3 seasons on all my bikes.
I liked the Arione but as soon as I started to suffer on it, it went rapidly downhill. Wasn't until I changed I realised just how bad it had got! :o

I run mine with the slightest of nose down but it is minimal amounts. I run it as far forward as possible. Would need to measure exact reach it puts me at. Don't think my position should be much to base anything else on. I sit far forward as possible so that I am as above BB as possible and I run a 120mm stem with bars slammed as much as possible. Don't think it will be comparative to most!! imagine in spoiler

onol1Ke.jpg
Pro setup! Levers/reach does look massive but then are you slightly big for the frame to get that fit/drop anyway? Position looks it a little.

Love the Sticky Bottles! Although they actually look like the Tacx Shanti bottles (I'm using)?

Looks awesome when done. Doesn't sound too bad, find frames are a lot better now, even the Canyons with the internal hydraulic discs weren't too awful putting in the new hose when I got it and that is one of the fiddlier jobs going down the chain stay. Only issue with all these things you learn is you do them so irregularly that when you come to do it next time, you'll have forgotten everything you learnt!
I've pulled a gear outer 'out' of my frame a couple of times. Absolutely horrific feeling! But have always tended to get them back without too much swearing. But you're right there is quite a 'knack' to it. That you always forget the next time...

Aye every bike is slightly different. I thought at first the downturn plate was a cable stop but the bike uses full outers all the way through.
Not sure I've seen any modern frames with stops when going internal, at least not since a 2012 Kuota a friend had which kept breaking the crappy plastic stop. It was a terrible design!

SystemSix looks superb, really do like the look of those newer 'dales (once they dropped seatstays and sloped toptubes). Although still find it bizarre they didn't have integration through the steerer/bars. Especially as it's their own setup (I think?).

Although I never quite understood various frames which went through so much aero design seemingly to forget about the cables and then just slap them in the downtube like that, or on the toptube. Especially when already moulding the headtube design. Bizarre. Giant's solution I always thought was quite tidy, was never quite sure why others didn't do the same.

Woohoo all done at work now before the Xmas break. Happy Zwiftmas everyone! :D ;)

Soldato
I'm getting rid of my arione soon I think.

Few miles on Sunday and I have a small sore. I've got my stem higher end wasn't riding hard.

Hopefully can find s new home on a dimension/power style saddle.

Soldato
Pro setup! Levers/reach does look massive but then are you slightly big for the frame to get that fit/drop anyway? Position looks it a little.

Love the Sticky Bottles! Although they actually look like the Tacx Shanti bottles (I'm using)?

It's old school Cube 56CM (so actually a usual 54CM with most other brands) frame and I am only 173cm (5ft 8in). So it's nowhere near too small for me really! I've just ended up this way through trial and error and find it comfortable :) On our training weekend at start of year a couple of lads rode beside me and on their drops their head still wasn't as low as mine when I was on my hoods. So just lucky this works for me really. It's probably not optimal in the slightest but if I am comfy enough and it's working then I am sure as hell leaving it that way :p

They are Cold Dark North bottles Jo got me for Xmas last year :) I think they maybe are just like Tacx or Elite bottles but with the CDN branding and stuff on them. I do prefer my Secret Training bottles with a soft lid thing on them. Nicer on the teeth.

Associate
Glad it was dry as it was bloody cold!!! 40KM this morning, will aim to do another 80 this afternoon and make the most of the sunshine.

Wish I could get out twice a day but I’m the type once out stay out, just stuck 80k in but now it’s time to fist the turkey. Bit of a nightmare where I am because a lot of the roads are flooded.

Back
Top Bottom