• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Stormforce Onyx AMD Ryzen 5 3400

Associate
OP
Thanks, it has 8gb of ram but we have already ordered an extra 8gb. The RX 5500XT does it need to be 8gb or can I get away with 4gb because it's an extra £100 and this computer has already cost me nearly 700 with everything I've bought.

Associate
OP
Ok I need some more help, I'm finding it difficult to get a graphics card in my price range as they are all out of stock, will this one be ok to play rust on
Palit GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GamingPro Graphics Card

Associate
Ok I need some more help, I'm finding it difficult to get a graphics card in my price range as they are all out of stock, will this one be ok to play rust on
Palit GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GamingPro Graphics Card

It's bad value for money. The 1650 Super is way way better as is a 1660

Alternatively if you set the resolution to 720p and low it'll probably run the game fine on your current system

Soldato
The only graphics cards that are available atm that I can find are 1 x rx5500xt, 1 x rx580 8gb and 1 x rx570 8gb, (the ones that are any good I reckon) all of which will play Rush without any problem, thing is I can't give you a link to them (against forum rules) you'll just have to keep looking unfortunately. the graphics card market is in an absolute dire mess at the moment, with high prices and no stock anywhere.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
^^^ Yep, that.

A lockdown Christmas and unprecedented demand for GPU’s has caused a right mess if you’re building a PC right now.

The suggestions above are about as good as it’s going to get right now unfortunately.

Man of Honour
I'm fairly sure the power consumption of the rx 580 is much higher than the 1650 super or 5500 XT and it often needs two cables which I'm not sure you have?

Soldato
I know I qouted the 580 armor but I would NOT buy that particular model, I had one a while back and it was HOT and LOUD! so bad in fact I swapped the cooler from an msi 470 8gb twin frozr which far beefier and better engineered, now runs a lot quieter and cooler and the armor cooler works fine on the 470 due to less power draw, less heat so fans run slower, simples.
My advice out of that lot is the 5500xt, no question, IF you can find one.

Back
Top Bottom