Football and the Coronavirus

Caporegime
It feels like Thiago's been 'back in training' for almost a month only to need a bit more time. I hope he's back ASAP but I also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up needing surgery.

As for the two week circuit breaker, the league don't appear to have any plans for one and no club has requested one.

Don
It feels like Thiago's been 'back in training' for almost a month only to need a bit more time. I hope he's back ASAP but I also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up needing surgery.

As for the two week circuit breaker, the league don't appear to have any plans for one and no club has requested one.
Re Thiago, he was training a week or so after the incident but it turned out the injury was worth than first thought and was then out for a couple of months. He's been back doing fitness work for the last few weeks but finally joined in full training in the last week. Klopp's said it's unlikely that he'll travel for the game today but there's a few rumours that he has but if not, he'll be involved Monday.

As for the circuit breaker, I don't think there's space for it to happen. It's going to be hard enough as it is for City and Villa to catch up two games and they're already likely to be relying on one or both to get knocked out the FA Cup early. It'll be a nightmare if they have to reschedule an entire round or 2's worth of games.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Saying that I will not have the vaccine either. I lost all trust when I had swine flu in 2009 and was prescribed tamiflu and came out in a red rash all over my body. Would rather wait and see what happens with this covid vaccine.

I hear what you are saying but how many other people had that rash as well? People are different and some people will barely notice they have had it, some people will suffer a bit and others will have completely different reactions. Vaccines are all different and your response to them will differ. Some people are allergic to certain laundry powders. They don't avoid all of them though.

Its about trying to get as many people vaccinated because it will save lives. The problem is that there will be people out there who have caused hundreds of deaths and never even knew they had COVID. The nature of it makes peoples lack of adherance to the rules appear to have 0 direct consequences when the reality is quite different. This last bit isn't directed at you, its just a general observation.

I wonder how many footballers will have it when its available to them?

Caporegime
I would imagine the government will be just as desperate as the Premier League to get every player vaccinated so football can continue this season.

The question should be, how many players will refuse the vaccine and what, if any, punishment will they be given?

Don
If all players that wanted to be vaccinated were, would it matter if a minority choose not to? It will only be those than have decided not to be vaccinated that would be at risk and if that is the decision they've made, they have to accept it.

Associate
Rumours that Tottenham Fulham will be postponed, but apparently Fulham waiting for more test results before confirming.

Is there any guidance on how many players/staff need to be infected for a match to be cancelled? How many Man City players were affected?

Soldato
Rumours that Tottenham Fulham will be postponed, but apparently Fulham waiting for more test results before confirming.

Is there any guidance on how many players/staff need to be infected for a match to be cancelled? How many Man City players were affected?
Confirmed

'Spurs vs Fulham off after visitors report Covid positives'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12174960

fez

fez

Caporegime
If all players that wanted to be vaccinated were, would it matter if a minority choose not to? It will only be those than have decided not to be vaccinated that would be at risk and if that is the decision they've made, they have to accept it.

Kind of depends on how large that minority is and when the players get vaccinated. Its still fundamentally being done to protect the vulnerable so if people who can get it earlier than others refuse to theny the are arguably still putting those at risk who have not been offered it yet.

Either way, I guess this isn't particularly football related,

Soldato
I think if it gets much worse with postponements then something really has to give as no chance the Euros are getting cancelled, wouldn’t be surprised to see cup matches cancelled as they will try and do everything in their power to finish the league.

Wonder what the tipping point is before they seriously start to consider ending the league?

Soldato
I think if it gets much worse with postponements then something really has to give as no chance the Euros are getting cancelled, wouldn’t be surprised to see cup matches cancelled as they will try and do everything in their power to finish the league.

Wonder what the tipping point is before they seriously start to consider ending the league?

Footballers dying will be the tipping point and wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom