New eBay fee method

Caporegime
So I recently changed to the new eBay fee (exc PayPal) system and was shocked.

I sold for 270

And 40 pounds of fees were taken

After posting ill be left with 220!

I questioned this.
Vat is now charged!

This was never a thing when I paid by PayPal. I'm sure.

You'd get 10 percent ebay fees.
You'd get 2-3 percent of PayPal fees and that's it.

Anyone else seen this?

Capodecina
Soldato
I've had this recently too.

The 3% of Paypal has been going on for a while. I've had it with other companies too.

The 10% was a pain but I paid it.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry. Not sure if it's not clear.

When I used PayPal I got a shade under 13 percent charge.
10 percent ebay
3 percent paypal

This new method (no PayPal)
I have this charge which works out at about 15 percent

I was under the impression it was simply switching to a new systems (ebay charges 12.8 percent, no PayPal)

Caporegime
OP
Well I'm delisting everything. It may be slower to sell on Facebook. But 15 percent fees, and then posting for 10 quid that's 50 quid off sale. Price

Associate
Well I'm delisting everything. It may be slower to sell on Facebook. But 15 percent fees, and then posting for 10 quid that's 50 quid off sale. Price

I stopped selling on ebay years ago because of the stupid fees. These days I mainly use FB Marketplace and Gumtree. I may get less interest in stuff but all sales are local/near local and face to face.

Caporegime
OP
I stopped selling on ebay years ago because of the stupid fees. These days I mainly use FB Marketplace and Gumtree. I may get less interest in stuff but all sales are local/near local and face to face.

Yeah I'm done too. This ever Increasing fee game is over for me. Maybe Facebook can become new ebay with lower fees. After all. All they want is people to keep using the site.

Associate
Yeah I'm done too. This ever Increasing fee game is over for me. Maybe Facebook can become new ebay with lower fees. After all. All they want is people to keep using the site.

Facebook has no fees and I certainly wouldn't want them to start charging me for using it.

Soldato
I only sell on eBay now if they are running the £1 final value fee which appears to be circa monthly at the moment. It is quite regular but not regular enough if you sell all the time.

Facebook Marketplace is good but it doesn't have the coverage and selling price as high as eBay.

Back
Top Bottom