*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Any guesses on when the new 1.07 might be out? Don't think I want to touch the game till then. Not fancying 1440p/60fps on my 3080

Man of Honour
Pro-tip: Don't accept the Delamain stuff unless you actually plan on sitting down and doing the whole quest - the endless notifications from it as you move around otherwise are annoying as ****.

EDIT: The further I get into the game now the buggier it is getting :( every 5 minutes or so I'm getting stuff like can't pull out weapons or can't fire weapons, can't change camera view on vehicles, fast travel points not working, etc. etc. until I save and reload the game - had a couple of times when it didn't drop the can't save now state from missions as well and had to mess about running around for miles before I could rid it of that state and save and reload.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pro-tip: Don't accept the Delamain stuff unless you actually plan on sitting down and doing the whole quest - the endless notifications from it as you move around otherwise are annoying as ****.

EDIT: The further I get into the game now the buggier it is getting :( every 5 minutes or so I'm getting stuff like can't pull out weapons or can't fire weapons, can't change camera view on vehicles, fast travel points not working, etc. etc. until I save and reload the game - had a couple of times when it didn't drop the can't save now state from missions as well and had to mess about running around for miles before I could rid it of that state and save and reload.

Same here, I've noticed more bugs and glitches later in the game, not sure why, maybe they slacked on fixing this stuff?

Defo more problems later on, the first 50 hours I played i didn't really have any issues with character animations or missing objects but now each mission is getting worse and worse.

Man of Honour
Same here, I've noticed more bugs and glitches later in the game, not sure why, maybe they slacked on fixing this stuff?

Defo more problems later on, the first 50 hours I played i didn't really have any issues with character animations or missing objects but now each mission is getting worse and worse.

Yeah I'm now about 45 hours in and it definitely getting worse.

Man of Honour
LOL don't think you were supposed to do this

J1jBwLa.png

Ends badly as the vehicle despawns after 30-40 seconds of flight with you 200 foot up in the air.

It is painfully obvious no one has actually beta tested this product.

Associate
Any guesses on when the new 1.07 might be out? Don't think I want to touch the game till then. Not fancying 1440p/60fps on my 3080
It's not too bad at the moment, mine only dips to that occasionally. It runs mostly at around 75.
LOL don't think you were supposed to do this

Ends badly as the vehicle despawns after 30-40 seconds of flight with you 200 foot up in the air.

It is painfully obvious no one has actually beta tested this product.
Lol! Damn, I couldn't get it to take off when I tried that (Peralez one). Nice. :D:D

Man of Honour
It's not too bad at the moment, mine only dips to that occasionally. It runs mostly at around 75.

Lol! Damn, I couldn't get it to take off when I tried that (Peralez one). Nice. :D:D

I had to wait for it to start moving and quickly climb on - it never moves if you stand on it before it starts.

Soldato
My biggest problem with this game, aside from all the bugs and obvious issues, is the really poor way characters are introduced and V's complete lack of agency in the world. It's pretty damn shocking tbh...

I'm now 70 hours in and aside from a few side missions I find myself so uninterested in most of the quests and characters because nothing is grown or developed over time (aside from Silverhand.) I also find characters' behaviour and relationship with V doesn't quite add up, like you meet a character, do a quest or two with them, and then they act like you're best friends or more.

Then there's the randoms that phone you with no ingame introductions, no establishing backstory before contact, zero pacing consideration, lore or relationship building, just out of nowhere: *Phone rings* "V - my name is Blah, I've got work for you, keep in touch." Who the hell are you guy!? This happened so much as soon as the prologue ended, it was really poor. I also found it so weird that a police woman keeps ringing me for jobs all the time, especially considering the game is telling me that V is a wannabe big time criminal.

Even GTA, a game that isn't an RPG, introduces new characters in a far more logical and natural way. Of all the issues with CP2077 I find this to be the most perplexing personally, especially considering these are the guys that made the Witcher games. It just doesn't make sense to me, you'd think this would be the one area of the game they would have nailed.

While pottering around the city doing random things, I couldn't help but feel V would have been a much better protagonist if they actually gave him a purpose. Like made him a special agent presumably sent into Night City to fight the threat of corporate power and corruption to the government, and while following leads he tracks people down, comes face to face with the different gang heads, explores their lore, meets extreme Cyberpunk characters, tackles some horrible crime and corruption, and on the way he discovers more about his past, that he's got deeper ties with Arasaka and comes to second guess his work and who he is. Maybe it leads him to choosing a different path or something.

I know it's a bit Blade Runner'y but at least it would have actually given V agency in Night City, someone the characters could bounce off instead of just some wannabe blank slate whose motivations I can't understand. It would have helped the moral dilemma the game has too (given that V is just another horrible psychopath in the City like everyone else)- His moral dichotomy with the city would have been such a rich angle for the player to explore the world and meet its characters.

I'm fairly certain the idea behind the current V is to "let the player choose" who he is, and that would be fine if the game had a system in place to facilitate it. But there's nothing we can do to stop V getting in Dexter's car...

It's so weird, I expected so much more narratively from this game. It feels like it's been done by a completely different developer.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My biggest problem with this game, aside from all the bugs and obvious issues, is the really poor way characters are introduced and V's complete lack of agency in the world. It's pretty damn shocking tbh...

I'm now 70 hours in and aside from a few side missions I find myself so uninterested in most of the quests and characters because nothing is grown or developed over time (aside from Silverhand.) I also find characters' behaviour and relationship with V doesn't quite add up, like you meet a character, do a quest or two with them, and then they act like you're best friends or more.

Then there's the randoms that phone you with no ingame introductions, no establishing backstory before contact, zero pacing consideration, lore or relationship building, just out of nowhere: *Phone rings* "V - my name is Blah, I've got work for you, keep in touch." Who the hell are you guy!? This happened so much as soon as the prologue ended, it was really poor. I also found it so weird that a police woman keeps ringing me for jobs all the time, especially considering the game is telling me that V is a wannabe big time criminal.

Even GTA, a game that isn't an RPG, introduces new characters in a far more logical and natural way. Of all the issues with CP2077 I find this to be the most perplexing personally, especially considering these are the guys that made the Witcher games. It just doesn't make sense to me, you'd think this would be the one area of the game they would have nailed.

While pottering around the city doing random things, I couldn't help but feel V would have been a much better protagonist if they actually gave him a purpose. Like made him a special agent presumably sent into Night City to fight the threat of corporate power and corruption to the government, and while following leads he tracks people down, comes face to face with the different gang heads, explores their lore, meets extreme Cyberpunk characters, tackles some horrible crime and corruption, and on the way he discovers more about his past, that he's got deeper ties with Arasaka and comes to second guess his work and who he is. Maybe it leads him to choosing a different path or something.

I know it's a bit Blade Runner'y but at least it would have actually given V agency in Night City, someone the characters could bounce off instead of just some wannabe blank slate whose motivations I can't understand. It would have helped the moral dilemma the game has too (given that V is just another horrible psychopath in the City like everyone else)- His moral dichotomy with the city would have been such a rich angle for the player to explore the world and meet its characters.

I'm fairly certain the idea behind the current V is to "let the player choose" who he is, and that would be fine if the game had a system in place to facilitate it. But there's nothing we can do to stop V getting in Dexter's car...

It's so weird, I expected so much more narratively from this game. It feels like it's been done by a completely different developer.
Definitely some valid points there. I also expected better from them.

Hopefully they get the next one right in this regard.

Soldato

Agree with this, I couldn't jump until i ran about a kilometre yesterday, couldn't scroll weapons, nothing was accessible, full reboot didn't help. It cleared itself eventually with movement.
More and more items seem to spawn out of reach when people are getting killed, which is quite frustrating, has a box to collect, but it would not allow selection.
Still, enjoying things.

Also still don't understand why walking past a group of cops makes you got threat hostile if you stand too long, when there is no APB out, and no reason for cops to get excited, given that they phone me every 2 blocks calling me a subcon.
Also saving cops from a shoot out, once the bad guys are all dead makes you a thread, and they chase you eternally.
Again makes no sense.

Its just shoddy programming, and it could have easily been much better.
Frankly, i doubt i'll ever forgive them for the cans in a bag from vending machines.

Man of Honour
Also saving cops from a shoot out, once the bad guys are all dead makes you a thread, and they chase you eternally.

This one is really weird - about 70% of the time they split 50/50 between shouting thanks while returning to their vehicle or coming over to me to say thanks, 30% of the time they just open fire on me - I think it is probably down to using weapons and/or abilities that do indirect damage and/or area of effect and it is splashing the cops as well turning them against you.

V's complete lack of agency in the world.

Yeah I find V's often lack of agency (there are some bits like Judy's storyline where there is a little bit of it) a real let down but even more so coming from other games like this the lacking ability to put your own spin on that agency - I feel much more like an observer of someone else's experience than a participant and it isn't why I play these kind of games and pulls me out of the immersion in many cases. Although there are times when it feels like a movie in that respect, especially when Johnny Silverhands is involved, and I can enjoy that for a bit.

I really don't think the game deserved to be released in this state it could have been something amazing.

Soldato
This one is really weird - about 70% of the time they split 50/50 between shouting thanks while returning to their vehicle or coming over to me to say thanks, 30% of the time they just open fire on me - I think it is probably down to using weapons and/or abilities that do indirect damage and/or area of effect and it is splashing the cops as well turning them against you.

I thought the same until i used a baseball bat and nothing else several times.
No indirect, no other damage, no spread, no missed hits.
Its just another glitch, as I've never had them say thanks to me.

The guys standing on street corners reacting when you walk past is utterly insane. I can understand if you cross a crime scene line, but not just for being present.

Soldato
Also the difference in unconscious and dead is utterly stupid in this game also.
At least in Deus Ex TWENTY years ago, it made it clear to you which effect was on what char.
In this you batter everyone down with a bat. They wiggle on the floor.
Complete mission, after you're finished looting, go round with a pistol, headshot everyone to claim the XP a second time, and up your 'cold blood' rating but killing them all in a very short time frame.
Rewarded twice for executions, yup, that makes sense in no way at all.

Man of Honour
In this you batter everyone down with a bat. They wiggle on the floor.

I had one slumped backwards, supposedly dead, but every 20 seconds alternating between shouting abuse at me and calling for his mum. I think I got some video of it but I don't have a good capture setup for the game currently.

Permabanned
Played this for half an hour earlier and got bored very quickly. So far I rate this meh out of 10, nowhere near living up to the hype.

Will give this another bash later but I don’t see myself finishing it.

Soldato

Fixers kinda know what's happening in NC, what merc is good and so on. Is only normal that seeing you (how, I don't know :D ), in their turf they'll contact for a job.
With the police lady, when Victor installs your first augmentation for the hand and eye, he also says he's connecting you to the police "wanted list", so to speak (can't remember exactly how is called). The lady also says "to all NCPD subcontractors", meaning is just a general message sent to whoever is closer.

Soldato
Played this for half an hour earlier and got bored very quickly. So far I rate this meh out of 10, nowhere near living up to the hype.

Will give this another bash later but I don’t see myself finishing it.

You've completed around 0.4% of the game so far in 30mins of play (based on 120hrs to fully complete) so if you're already bored then I'm not really sure this game is for you. It maybe better to spend your time on something you'll enjoy more?

Permabanned
You've completed around 0.4% of the game so far in 30mins of play (based on 120hrs to fully complete) so if you're already bored then I'm not really sure this game is for you. It maybe better to spend your time on something you'll enjoy more?
Yeah I can’t see me completing it I’m not really feeling the urge to pick it back up again. The graphics are ok but not exactly mind blowing (can’t really run it with all the eye candy without turning into a slideshow) and the gameplay seems like it just takes a load of different elements of other games and combines them in this game, nothing mind blowing as of yet. Bang average in my limited opinion.

Back
Top Bottom