Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
Footballers dying will be the tipping point and wake up call.
Not sure as they've already proven they put money over everything else, with games this close together when 1 player tests positive he could already have played against 2 teams who could then go on to infect other teams, but the show must go on eh?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Footballers dying will be the tipping point and wake up call.

The chances of a footballer dying are very very very slim. They are all young, fit and have the best medical care and I assume screening throughout their careers. Ultimately there are ~25 players per PL team and 18 teams. Thats ~450 players. Some of them will already have had it, some will never catch it and statistically the likelihood of a person with their background dying from COVID is tiny.

You are right however, we are illogical beings and if by chance a footballer does die from it they will stop everything no doubt.

Associate
The chances of a footballer dying are very very very slim. They are all young, fit and have the best medical care and I assume screening throughout their careers. Ultimately there are ~25 players per PL team and 18 teams. Thats ~450 players. Some of them will already have had it, some will never catch it and statistically the likelihood of a person with their background dying from COVID is tiny.
I guess you could multiply that by 2 or 3 if you include youth players. Then there are the 74 teams in the professional leagues (of course a League Two player popping his clogs won't get the same headlines as a PL player). Still very slim chances of one dying.

Soldato
If Kyle Walker has had a party like is going round on the usual then not only does he need banning severely but City need to be punished aswell. It isnt the first time the idiots done it.

Caporegime
Soldato
Just read about it but there don't appear to be any credible sources so far.

https://global247news.com/2020/12/3...n-causes-premier-league-covid-infections/amp/

If he has been caught out for a 'third time', it's a ban for the remainder of the season for me and an astronomical fine.

Edit: I'd also award Everton the victory and give the other players that attended a lesser ban and fine.

If true, Walker is an absolute moron, forget football ban. Send the **** down for 6 months bird. :mad:

Caporegime
So Ederson is one of the City players who've tested positive. His Instagram stories show him 'celebrating' new year in isolation. The next story then shows him waving to his family from a balcony in his house. I count 10 people, 3 of them children.

He has a wife and 3 children.

No way all those other people live at home with him?!

Soldato
Jose has called the way Fulham v Tottenham was called off was unprofessional:-

"I don't want to speak too much about it. I felt unprofessional, but that is the way it was," said Mourinho.

"We were preparing ourselves for that match and that is disruptive of what is a week of work."

Perhaps they should've left the match on and then let them pass the virus between each other, that would've been a lot more professional surely.

Soldato
Jose has called the way Fulham v Tottenham was called off was unprofessional:-

"I don't want to speak too much about it. I felt unprofessional, but that is the way it was," said Mourinho.

"We were preparing ourselves for that match and that is disruptive of what is a week of work."

Perhaps they should've left the match on and then let them pass the virus between each other, that would've been a lot more professional surely.

I think his point is they left it till 3 hours before kick off. It was obvious it was going to get cancelled, there was no need to leave it that late. His, like all managers opinions are purely from their teams perspective.

Soldato
I think his point is they left it till 3 hours before kick off. It was obvious it was going to get cancelled, there was no need to leave it that late. His, like all managers opinions are purely from their teams perspective.
I don't care if they leave until 5 minutes before kick off, if there is a chance that one of the teams has quite a few positive cases then the match has to be called off, it's not like there's a stadium full of fans to consider, Jose probably has the face on because they could've played a seriously understrength Fulham although Spurs should really have too much for Fulham if truth be told but then again it has to be him in the news.

Soldato
I don't care if they leave until 5 minutes before kick off, if there is a chance that one of the teams has quite a few positive cases then the match has to be called off, it's not like there's a stadium full of fans to consider, Jose probably has the face on because they could've played a seriously understrength Fulham although Spurs should really have too much for Fulham if truth be told but then again it has to be him in the news.

I think his point was it should have cancelled earlier not that it should have gone ahead.

Soldato
Yes but at the time Fulham were still waiting for most of the results, the FA call the game off at lunchtime and then all those tests come back negative, Jose is in the press saying that the game should never have been called off and Spurs were happy to wait until the 11th hour for the game to be called off, it's been shown many many times they there is no way to keep Jose happy when he is looking for column inches.

Soldato
"Spurs players Sergio Reguilon, Giovani Lo Celso, Erik Lamela and West Ham's Manuel Lanzini were all pictured breaking lockdown rules over the Xmas period. Duncan Castles is now reporting that both Erik Lamela and Giovani Lo Celso have tested positive for COVID."

I give up. Is it really that hard to just stay at bloody home? The FA need to start looking at bans for players who are blatantly taking the mickey as it has the potential to derail the whole season.

Personally id be looking at a two strike policy. First time the club is fine heavily and forfeit the next game if they cant play. Second strike, another fine, another forfeit and points deducted.

Back
Top Bottom