Football and the Coronavirus

fez

fez

Caporegime
As is very much the case with the public, there is very little incentive to follow the rules. Get caught breaking the rules? Oh well. Get caught breaking them severely enough and you might get a 10k fine. If you're a celeb or footballer thats not even a drop in the ocean. Genuinely makes me ****** off when I see a celebrity "apologising" for their intentional breaking of the rules. You can almost see the smirk on their faces as they profess to a "lapse of judgement" and tell us "how sorry they are" for their mistake.

There is a reason COVID is absolutely rampant at the moment and its not because of the government, its because of individuals like these who don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.

Soldato
I know footballers are thick but if you're going to have a party on the sly breaking the rules then are they totally braindead to then post photos of it up on social media (or allow themselves to be photographed anyway)?!

Which begs the question these have been the ones who were totally braindead, how many others still broke the rules but were at least smart enough to keep it on the down low? Probably loads.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I mean it's very much on the Government too.

? The government have set a very good example from the off, especially back in the stricted lockdown in Mar-Jun

The basics have not changed. Socially distance from people, wash your hands a lot and wear a mask when you are going to be inside in a public place or you have to be close to people. Other rules have come and gone but that is the core of it. And a huge number of people haven't done that. Then you have the people that just ignore all the rules.

The government could have handled it better but people have been ****.

Soldato
? The government have set a very good example from the off, especially back in the stricted lockdown in Mar-Jun
Other than the Prime Minister's Chief adviser breaking lockdown rules to "Test his eyesight", or Boris himself boasting about "shaking hands with Covid patients", or Boris not even being able to keep his father in check while he goes off on his jollies, or being adamant about having a 'proper chrimbo' when that was so clearly a ******* stupid idea in the first place, or easing rules on Christmas day as if corona takes Christmas off, or eat out to help out, or the complete lack of enforcement of preventative action like mask wearing.

Saying the UK government has done a good job and set a good example is ******* laughable.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Other than the Prime Minister's Chief adviser breaking lockdown rules to "Test his eyesight", or Boris himself boasting about "shaking hands with Covid patients", or Boris not even being able to keep his father in check while he goes off on his jollies.

Who gives a crap. I don’t follow the rules because celebrities do it or because people in government all do it. I do it because that is what I should do. I don’t think smoking is OK because I see a doctor doing it. People just want an excuse to absolve themselves from personal responsibility and those excuses are everywhere if your bar is low enough.

Trump was arguably the most powerful man in the world for 4 years, that didn’t change my opinion of what is good behaviour. Someone’s position or relationship to someone in power does not make them someone to mimic or follow when all logic tells you otherwise.

Soldato
Who gives a crap. I don’t follow the rules because celebrities do it or because people in government all do it. I do it because that is what I should do. I don’t think smoking is OK because I see a doctor doing it. People just want an excuse to absolve themselves from personal responsibility and those excuses are everywhere if your bar is low enough.

Trump was arguably the most powerful man in the world for 4 years, that didn’t change my opinion of what is good behaviour. Someone’s position or relationship to someone in power does not make them someone to mimic or follow when all logic tells you otherwise.
Just because you personally don't care about them setting an example doesn't mean millions won't look at them and say if they can't be bothered to follow the rules why should I. The lack of enforcement is solely at their feet too. At the end of the day the government is responsible for their population.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just because you personally don't care about them setting an example doesn't mean millions won't look at them and say if they can't be bothered to follow the rules why should I. The lack of enforcement is solely at their feet too. At the end of the day the government is responsible for their population.

The few instances where people in power have ignored it vs the thousands that have isn’t an argument for anything. Anyone who points at those tiny few that have broken the rules and to why they have would never have bothered anyway.

It wouldn’t have made the blindest bit of difference if not a single person in senior government had broken the rules. People are selfish, that’s the long and short of it.

Caporegime
Other than the Prime Minister's Chief adviser breaking lockdown rules to "Test his eyesight", or Boris himself boasting about "shaking hands with Covid patients", or Boris not even being able to keep his father in check while he goes off on his jollies, or being adamant about having a 'proper chrimbo' when that was so clearly a ******* stupid idea in the first place, or easing rules on Christmas day as if corona takes Christmas off, or eat out to help out, or the complete lack of enforcement of preventative action like mask wearing.

Saying the UK government has done a good job and set a good example is ******* laughable.

Guess my sarcasm didn't translate well :D

Man of Honour
I think they should clamp down harder on breaches. You get a 3 match ban for endangering a player with a reckless tackle so why not a 3 match ban for this sort of thing that could also be endangering people? I see repeat offender Kyle Walker has come down with Covid, surprise surprise.

Soldato
Ha, using a questionable word in a social media post gets you a 3 game ban, but spreading a potentially deadly virus in the middle of a pandemic is none of their concern and not punishment worthy.

Soldato
So if the FA and PL are leaving it to clubs to punish players (who are more concerned with winning matches than any kind of moral standing) then hopefully there's a massive outbreak and the leagues have to be postponed/cancelled, would serve the governing bodies right money grabbing ***** if their golden egg turned out to be rotten.

Back
Top Bottom