• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think a lot of people now have registered with one of those websites which tracks website changes. The minute the stock goes green, they all jump on it.

Usually by the time you get the alert from the group, they have gone out of stock again. Amazon sold out in under three minutes.

It's not going to be until hundreds of thousands come into stock will things settle down. Currys alone had 70,000 views in a single day.

Soldato
I think a lot of people now have registered with one of those websites which tracks website changes. The minute the stock goes green, they all jump on it.

Usually by the time you get the alert from the group, they have gone out of stock again. Amazon sold out in under three minutes.

It's not going to be until hundreds of thousands come into stock will things settle down. Currys alone had 70,000 views in a single day.

I do think retailers shouldnt be doing drops for every tiny little shipment they get, probably should wait until at least a 1000 or so are available, they also of course should be doing back order queues etc. but wont.

Soldato
I do think retailers shouldnt be doing drops for every tiny little shipment they get, probably should wait until at least a 1000 or so are available, they also of course should be doing back order queues etc. but wont.

Unfortunately they won't do that when they can do a limited drop, sell out in minutes and generate loads of website visits in a day.

Sitting on stock isn't the answer either, as stock is so few and far between they would be sitting on it for weeks/months.

It's not hard getting one currently, managed to get one last week without to much of a problem just had to be quick. It isn't an optimal way of doing this though and I think lessons may be learned for next console releases.

End of the day what ever system is in people will find a way to complain, if it's register with the chance to buy complaints will be on how random it is and how it isn't fair. If backordered then people would be moaning about how long they have to wait considering they have ordered etc. With the current method, it's complaints about how quick they go.

Soldato
I don't think there will be any changes for next release - having the products comparatively hard to get creates significantly more desire and hype around them.

I missed out on Xbox.com stock this morning :(

I think the thing is though that demand will always outstrip supply at launch, so there's not much that could be done differently. Although i imagine the Covid situation will have made things worse this time around.

What i need to learn is that inevitably i'll want the new console and i should just get in early and pre-order it rather than telling myself i'll wait till things get discounted and then anxiously refresh everything to get something shiny.

Soldato
Mine was due today, however i've just had a text from DHL saying i have something due tomorrow, not sure if thats it or not though. My Very account shows it as still "being packed" though.

I've just received an email saying I was given the wrong delivery date and that the console will be delivered this week.

Man of Honour
Are you saying that as long as you use quick resume the fan will run continuously?

No, instant on although I guess by extension that breaks quick resume? I find quick resume works better in eco mode since you don’t need to quit the game.

The only benefit to instant on is remote access. It takes about 5s longer to boot up. I can’t even get my headphones on and into my chair in that time.

Last edited:
Associate
No, instant on although I guess by extension that breaks quick resume? I find quick resume works better in eco mode since you don’t need to quit the game.

The only benefit to instant on is remote access. It takes about 5s longer to boot up. I can’t even get my headphones on and into my chair in that time.
Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom