• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
TUF OC 3080 is probably the fastest moving card out there, and I say that as a TUF OC queue member so I am feeling "relatively lucky". Of course you can still be position 1000 but I think most day 1 and day 2 orders have been filled.

helps that they are funneling two SKUs worth of inventory into one and leaving NON OC buyers to rot.

Associate
Just thought I’d pop back in for the shitz and giggles

I’m so pleased I cancelled when I did and managed to bag the Gigabite 3080 Aorus Master it’s a fantastic card and the temps haven’t gone over 67c no matter what I’ve thrown at it

how’s the queue for the Asus Rog 3080OC doing?

Associate
I know nobody knows anything but with the new 50 2x ventus’s shipped and probably a couple cancellations over the past 3 weeks, I was 120th on the 21st of December and if I get lucky could be around 50th, chances of me being included in the next Ventus shipment a couple weeks down the line?

Associate
Just looked at the Nvidia 3080 FE OC benchmarks on OC3D, the 4K 1% percentile FPS is over 100, all AIB cards under 85FPS at best. Nvidia have something fancy going on here ? It may be worth buying FE card for better performance!

Associate
Just looked at the Nvidia 3080 FE OC benchmarks on OC3D, the 4K 1% percentile FPS is over 100, all AIB cards under 85FPS at best. Nvidia have something fancy going on here ? It may be worth buying FE card for better performance!
Ok I’m gunna tell you now, aib cards are better full stop, NVida’s cards look great and are fine in terms of performance, but aib cards are better, not sure what numbers you’ve been looking at but that is probably propaganda

Associate
@Gibbo
Thanks for the many updates recently! Even if there aren’t many cards, the updates at least feel like things are moving a little now! 137 in the queue for 3080 eagle gaming oc and cannot wait!

Soldato
Hey guys, I've just bought a 4k monitor so need to upgrade form my 1070. I'm struggling to decide to which one to go for. I already have a custom watercooling loop - is it worth the extra £100 to get a waterblock on this card?

And also is there any point buying anything other than the FE card? I've had a look at benchmarks and an extra £100 on an AIB doesn't seem worth it for a few extra FPS.

Associate
More posts on reddit saying 3080 TUF non OC at other retailers have been discontinued.

Is there news of more of these coming or can those in the queue be upgraded to OC? Surely they need to do something

the last batch of NON-OCs were only allocated by mistake.

ASUS have absolutely taken the ****. every other element of this **** show can be put down to shortages, but ASUS's decision to completely **** on half of their customers so they could have a 5% markup by slapping "OC" on the box was made entirely consciously.

have OCUK been in any contact with ASUS at all over this and what is the plan going forward? i imagine i'm around 60 in the queue after ordering within the first couple of hours (the first time i could get the site to load) and i haven't waited this long with the best part of 700 notes out of pocket only to be given the middle finger and told "nah son, your fault for not paying the extra £30".

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, I've just bought a 4k monitor so need to upgrade form my 1070. I'm struggling to decide to which one to go for. I already have a custom watercooling loop - is it worth the extra £100 to get a waterblock on this card?

And also is there any point buying anything other than the FE card? I've had a look at benchmarks and an extra £100 on an AIB doesn't seem worth it for a few extra FPS.

Dude is there much point adding yourself to a queue honestly go find one on a marketplace you will be waiting ages.

Back
Top Bottom