*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Folks, I just want to thank everyone who responded and shared their knowledge (melmac and everyone).

1. Any thoughts on the Elite strap vs the elite strap with battery? Or just go with this GOMVR thing which is on Ali?
2. Do you guys have any recommendation for the cover/foam thing? I read some reports that these things can get sweaty if using leather ones?
3. For VD I know people have been stating 5GHz is a must and no other peripherals on the same network. Problem is Ive already setup my house with HELUVA a lot of peripherals on the same 5GHz network which is operating through a Unifi Access Point connected to my router. So I was thinking to setup another 5GHz network but perhaps setting it up on a different channel to the existing one I have, solely for the Q2. What are the thoughts on this?
4. Some people mention about the overlay from ODT, but this is always hovering at 90Hz for me, so i cannot believe that I am just getting a steady 90fps surely?

Associate
Not yet. Just been looking in to it. I've backed up what I think is my savegame data using sidequest, so I will give it a go later :)
Be careful backing up gave saves to sidequest. I tried twice to back up using the save APK files and different methods and it failed to transfer the saves bank every time. If you do find a way of doing it successfully please let me know.

Soldato
Folks, I just want to thank everyone who responded and shared their knowledge (melmac and everyone).

1. Any thoughts on the Elite strap vs the elite strap with battery? Or just go with this GOMVR thing which is on Ali?
2. Do you guys have any recommendation for the cover/foam thing? I read some reports that these things can get sweaty if using leather ones?

1. Both are good. I've been using the GOMRVR strap from Ali and have found it much more comfortable that the standard strap. Although, I borrowed my mate's Quest to test the USB connection on my PC and that had the elite strap. That just felt a little more comfortable to me.

2. I have the VRCover set. Faux leather, but very comfortable. I'd rather the sweat be wipeabale than absorbing itno the foam.

Soldato
Good question it was Pokerstars VR, but I am going to try something else just now.

haha, that was the last game I was expecting you say!! Is it that demanding? Is it on Steam? I just wonder is this problem related to the current drivers and issues with SteamVR? There is nothing you can do about it though as you have a 3080.

Ok really funny story.
For some reason the devices NOW shows 1.7x!
I think I know why.
Because I altered by bitrate in the ODT.
If I alter it to whatever value, I get the 1.7.
If I set it to 0, then the max is 1.5
But the res is still the same so that doesnt matter.

Good detective work. Just tried changing mine and......
It's still goes to 1.7 even if I change it back to 0.

Maybe it's something to do with your GPU as I only have a 2070 super.

Soldato
Be careful backing up gave saves to sidequest. I tried twice to back up using the save APK files and different methods and it failed to transfer the saves bank every time. If you do find a way of doing it successfully please let me know.

If I lose eveerything then it isn't the end of the world. I dont have many games, and some will no doubt support cloud saving.

I used the method detailed here: https://beatsaberquest.com/bmbf/beat-saber-2/backup-restore-beat-saber-data/

Soldato

3. For VD I know people have been stating 5GHz is a must and no other peripherals on the same network. Problem is Ive already setup my house with HELUVA a lot of peripherals on the same 5GHz network which is operating through a Unifi Access Point connected to my router. So I was thinking to setup another 5GHz network but perhaps setting it up on a different channel to the existing one I have, solely for the Q2. What are the thoughts on this?
4. Some people mention about the overlay from ODT, but this is always hovering at 90Hz for me, so i cannot believe that I am just getting a steady 90fps surely?

Your welcome.

1. Haven't got the GomVR one, but I heard it's very comfortable. If you check out MVH Studios, He makes a quest 2 headstrap as well, it comes highly recommended from people here and has a space to add a battery. The only problem is that he is having trouble keeping up demand. If money isn't an issue, then I would seriously consider getting the Elite strap with battery. It's even more comfortable as the battery helps with weight distribution.

2. VR covers all the way!! Slow delivery but worth the wait. I prefer the faux leather covers. You get two covers, one thick and one thin so you can use which one you prefer.

3. 5Ghz is a must. Can those other devices not use the 2.4Ghz channel? Another option is just buy a cheap honor 3 wifi 6 router. And use it for the Quest 2. Some people have had success with the PCIe wifi 6 network adapter. But, they can be very finicky.

4. Have you tried games other than Poker stars? What are you getting in them? Maybe you should check out FPSVR on steam? for a £3 or £4 it might be better.

Soldato
Your welcome.

1. Haven't got the GomVR one, but I heard it's very comfortable. If you check out MVH Studios, He makes a quest 2 headstrap as well, it comes highly recommended from people here and has a space to add a battery. The only problem is that he is having trouble keeping up demand. If money isn't an issue, then I would seriously consider getting the Elite strap with battery. It's even more comfortable as the battery helps with weight distribution.

2. VR covers all the way!! Slow delivery but worth the wait. I prefer the faux leather covers. You get two covers, one thick and one thin so you can use which one you prefer.

3. 5Ghz is a must. Can those other devices not use the 2.4Ghz channel? Another option is just buy a cheap honor 3 wifi 6 router. And use it for the Quest 2. Some people have had success with the PCIe wifi 6 network adapter. But, they can be very finicky.

4. Have you tried games other than Poker stars? What are you getting in them? Maybe you should check out FPSVR on steam? for a £3 or £4 it might be better.

1. Cheers bud, I think Im going to go with the Elite strap. I can only find it on Oculus website, nowhere else that sells them? Reckon the battery version is better than the non?
2. They really make all the difference these VR covers? Any recommendation about the thickness?
3. Got it, could I not just setup another 5GHz network using my router? (since my 5GHz around my house is being pipped through the Unifi Access point? And just simply use different channels? I could switch the other devices to the 2.4GHz network but just a pain having to do every single on you know?
4. I have tried Roborecall and Pokerstars VR so far. I will try something else. But doesnt the performance monitor from ODT not give correct FPS? Are you using this FPSVR app? Is there another program which people use?

Soldato
1. Cheers bud, I think Im going to go with the Elite strap. I can only find it on Oculus website, nowhere else that sells them? Reckon the battery version is better than the non?
2. They really make all the difference these VR covers? Any recommendation about the thickness?
3. Got it, could I not just setup another 5GHz network using my router? (since my 5GHz around my house is being pipped through the Unifi Access point? And just simply use different channels? I could switch the other devices to the 2.4GHz network but just a pain having to do every single on you know?
4. I have tried Roborecall and Pokerstars VR so far. I will try something else. But doesnt the performance monitor from ODT not give correct FPS? Are you using this FPSVR app? Is there another program which people use?

1. I can't tell you for sure, because some people don't like the Elite Straps. Other people think they are amazingly comfortable. IF you are the latter, then the Elite Strap with battery is the way to go.

2. When you order from Vr covers, you get both a thick and thin one. You will have to try them on yourself and see which one you prefer.

3. Just try it as is and see what latency you are getting? And if it's bad, try doing what you said. And then if that's still crap, move everything else to the 2.4Ghz band.

4. I haven't used the Debug Tool performance monitor since early in the civ1 days. Back then the actual fps wasn't the whole story, the unused performance was more telling. As I said, I don't use FPSVR, but, people on this forum recommend it. I don't really use any fps monitor. Generally what I do when I get a new headset or new GPU for VR, I pick a couple of graphically intensive games and choose the highest settings. I work back from there until the games look and feel smooth. Then I forget about the FPS and just play games.

Soldato
Cheers mel. Sounds logical :)
Ive gone with the elite strap with battery from Oculus direct. Will be here in a couple of weeks.
The VRcovers look like theyre out of stock if this is the one you are referring to? https://eu.vrcover.com/products/facial-interface-foam-replacement-basic-set-for-oculus™-quest-2

ive get the GOMVR strap from ali, but I'm still waiting for MVH Studios to get me up in the que to order one, as i think this will be the best strap for the Q2, period

I just saw the MVH one, looks a bit busy no?

Soldato
It does look quite busy for me busy for me but definitely cheaper price wise!
I think ill be good with the elite battery strap, looks nice, neat and well integrated, and the battery balances things a little. Hope its not too heavy!

Back
Top Bottom