Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
IPS all the way I cant stand the angles on a VA, IPS is sharper and more colourful. VA reminds me of how dull a TN looks despite the black levels.

I'll bear that in mind, I've only ever experienced TN panels so I'm in for a real treat when I eventually graduate to a 32" IPS. :)

Associate
I've calibrated mine so thought I'd share my settings (YMMV). I used DisplayCal and the Spyder5 to get it to a colour temp of 6500K, gamma 2.2 and 120cd/m3 brightness. Settings (anything not mentioned was left at default):
Brightness: 23
R: 95
G: 94
B: 99
The icm profile is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkyCN31j6-2DgjX2NUPZ3Yzq8hMK?e=jMVPws

Overall I'm happy with it since I got it for £325 but I'll be returning mine since, apart from the buttery smooth 144Hz which honestly is eye opening, it's a downgrade from my 34UC98 in every other way. So back to 75Hz land for now while I save up for a 'proper' one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I've calibrated mine so thought I'd share my settings (YMMV). I used DisplayCal and the Spyder5 to get it to a colour temp of 6500K, gamma 2.2 and 120cd/m3 brightness. Settings (anything not mentioned was left at default):
Brightness: 23
R: 95
G: 94
B: 99
The icm profile is here: https://gofile.io/d/zYakZU

Overall I'm happy with it since I got it for £325 but I'll be returning mine since, apart from the buttery smooth 144Hz which honestly is eye opening, it's a downgrade from my 34UC98 in every other way. So back to 75Hz land for now while I save up for a 'proper' one.
Thanks for that, might give it a shot just to see if any difference.

Out of interest what do you find better with the lg?

Associate
Thanks for that, might give it a shot just to see if any difference.

Out of interest what do you find better with the lg?
Mainly just better screen uniformity. This has worse contrast and (it could just be my sample) there a colour temperature shift when the screen is viewed from the left compared to head-on (it appears much warmer). The left and right edges also disappear into the panel when viewing from the centre, I never noticed this as much on the LG due to the curve. Gaming is only about 10% what I do so I don't really need it right now. Although looking around, it seems the next cheapest 21:9 IPS 144Hz screen is double the price of this so it's likely I'll take a chance on another unit when have time to game properly again.

Associate
Although looking around, it seems the next cheapest 21:9 IPS 144Hz screen is double the price of this so it's likely I'll take a chance on another unit when have time to game properly again.

Next cheapest would be the Acer Nitro XV340CK . It's perhaps 100-150 quid more expensive than the Iiyama

Associate
Considering one of these as an alternative to the Gigabyte 34" ultrawide which has me perpertually on pre-order. What's the general opinion on the comparison of these monitors?

Associate
Considering one of these as an alternative to the Gigabyte 34" ultrawide which has me perpertually on pre-order. What's the general opinion on the comparison of these monitors?

I was on the same boat waiting for the Gigabyte but eventually got this one on Black Friday. I don't think owners of either the GB3461 or the GB3466 are disappointed IF they get a good one, but early models seemed to suffer from multiple issues.

Associate
I was looking at that one the other day and nearly pulled the trigger due to the reduced price. Normally, it's a lot more expensive than the Iiyama.

Yup I know what you mean. I am a fan of Acer monitors (would have bought a Z35P if not for that terribly impractical stand) but I'm not convinced the Nitro is all that better than this Iiyama

Caporegime
OP
Since getting my 3080, the strip at the bottom and half screen/wake issues happen way more often than what happened with my amd card.

Will need to send it of to iiyama to get the latest firmware flashed.

Don't get why with monitors we can't do it ourselves via a USB drive or something....

Back
Top Bottom